Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 120. (Read 547569 times)

legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
Does migration to LISK mean SHIFT as a LISK application? If so, this would be great!

No, not at the moment. We will fork LISK and relaunch Phantom on the new codebase.

The idea isn't completely off the table but there's a lot of developmental and economic factors that play into
this decision so we chose to stay an independant project for now.

Atleast this decision seems good for all ETH based coins which were recently gone through 51% attack badly. Same goes for Krypton but don't know to which direction they will go as permanent solution after current temporary bitcoin base POS platform. But if you guys shows platform can be shifted from ETH to LISK than KR and other may also follow you. Good luck and good job dev.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Does this mean Shift will be a Lisk fork rather than an Etherium fork?

Moving to the Lisk codebase could be a better description than fork as the genesis blocks used are different than Ethereum's or Lisk.
Shift is still Shift, the additional functionality is to be ported to use Lisk's software instead of Ethereum's as a basis.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Does this mean Shift will be a Lisk fork rather than an Etherium fork?
Activity: 611
Merit: 500
What is the exchange rate going to be when migration from Shift to LISK happens will it be  1/1?
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
can't sync this baby anymore (for several days), from any height, v3.1.2
any advice plz ?

P.S.
verbose log shows time drift is negligible,
and no response from tcp seeds:
108.61.177.0:53900
45.32.182.61:53900

Hmm,

have you tried a fresh sync from scratch?

If you find a minute please join us on Slack.

Activity: 103
Merit: 10
    It's all good. Kept my Shift...got some loot to buy more... Wink
What do I need to do when Shift is forked over to LISK . I have all my Shift in my Phantom wallet on ShiftHub

All you need to do is deposit them to Bittrex within a certain timeframe and they will be swapped over. We'll have
an announcement next week about the timeline and details.

What do I need to do when Shift is forked over to LISK . I have all my Shift in my Phantom wallet on ShiftHub
Activity: 468
Does migration to LISK mean SHIFT as a LISK application? If so, this would be great!

No, not at the moment. We will fork LISK and relaunch Phantom on the new codebase.

The idea isn't completely off the table but there's a lot of developmental and economic factors that play into

I own some Shift on Bittrex.
What will this mean for me?

What are my options?

You dont need to do anything, swap will do automaticly on bittrex and you will have your coins in the new LISK codebase for SHIFT. The only thing we can do is wait and be supportive, the Shift Team is doing a great job! Another thing you can do is join the testnodes, here http://www.shiftnrg.org/slack-auto-invitation you will find good people willing to help you setup your brand new testnode Smiley
legendary

I own some Shift on Bittrex.
What will this mean for me?

What are my options?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
move that crypto
Just got a shift testnet node up and running

Activity: 671
Merit: 505
Activity: 468
What happened to Shift on Bittrex?

The market is disabled and will be open again until the migration to LISK is completed. That would be any time soon according to Shift team.
legendary
What happened to Shift on Bittrex?

Hi everyone,

small but important update: after extensive testing in private, we have opened a first testnet to the
public earlier today. If you are interested, we invite you to join this beta phase.

This release marks the first milestone in our migration and we are currently coordinating the swap
conditions with Bittrex. Please check back regularly over the next days for detailed information of
when and how it will take place.

Most of our development updates these days happen on Slack as we have seen an incredible influx
in new community members there. If you want to stay up to date with recent events and news we
invite you to join us.

It took 8 hours to sync up but my shift finally showed up in my wallet Roll Eyes

Glad to hear, normally the sync process should be done in a few minutes from scratch.

It took 8 hours to sync up but my shift finally showed up in my wallet Roll Eyes
Wallet has been left open for about eight hours . the block count just started to update it just jumped from 0 to
Current blocknumber 543,334

Net peer count 41
 Is it just taking time to sync up ?
Jump to: