Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 124. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 55
Merit: 0

Hi everyone,

sorry for being reluctant to update this thread, as there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes. At the
moment we are finalizing a rollback release as a measure against the attack.

So instead of just securing the chain you are doing a "DAO-ETH" maneuver.  What happens to those of us solomining etc.  I will be very unhappy when my balance gets screwed up.   It appears you are not only going to rollback the chain you are going to also privatize it so that others cannot mine it.

You are making a grave mistake and please let us know what your intentions are so we can make appropriate changes to our mining.  I think you will lose about half of your support over a rollback.

cheers

Bullshit. Clearly you don't know how tight the community of shift is.
Activity: 342
Merit: 250

Hi everyone,

sorry for being reluctant to update this thread, as there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes. At the
moment we are finalizing a rollback release as a measure against the attack.

So instead of just securing the chain you are doing a "DAO-ETH" maneuver.  What happens to those of us solomining etc.  I will be very unhappy when my balance gets screwed up.   It appears you are not only going to rollback the chain you are going to also privatize it so that others cannot mine it.

You are making a grave mistake and please let us know what your intentions are so we can make appropriate changes to our mining.  I think you will lose about half of your support over a rollback.

cheers
Activity: 364

Hi everyone,

moment we are finalizing a rollback release as a measure against the attack. Since we coordinate this with
exchanges and pools it might take a while until we can provide the new downloads.

If you are a solo miner, we ask you to switch to pool mining on 4Miners or Bitcause, as we are cooperating
closely with their admins to avoid any losses of your efforts. Shares will be recorded and kept safe.

Since this is a delicate matter and we expect the attacking group to watch us, we can't share all the details
we have planned and this is merely the first step in our plan to restore safety and order to our chain, so we
advise you to check back here regularly.

As always, if you have any questions, please join us on Slack.

Activity: 32
shift.4miners.net

Payments have been enabled and sent. We temporarly raised block maturity to 2000 blocks (about 20 hours). We will monitor the network, your minning efforts are secure.

Happy mining. Smiley
Activity: 939
Merit: 261
Data HDD Repair - Recovery of lost information
Hopefully the attacker gives up. Anything the rest of us can do to help? I have a measly 90 MH/s  Grin
Keep up the good work!

We are researching a few different solutions from rolling back the chain to swapping the codebase for something more secure.

For the most part there's nothing you can do right now except wait and relax, no balances have been harmed and your coins are safe no matter where they are!

Please be in touch and let inform us about every single new fact.

Is it possible to rent some hashrate as protection before next attacks by SHift team? Could we set up a special fund to protect SHIFT?

The response from all of you so far is amazing. Everyone in our team is working at full capacity and seeing
your continued support and patience gives us a lot of motivation.

We will have a short update ready tomorrow, for now there's nothing you can do. If you have any questions
or want live updates please join us on Slack.

Long block Retarget not the single problem. The attack to a network is made in Solo - Peers are disconnected.
 It is necessary to forbid connect to RPC without Peers

To accept blocks chains -
1 - with the highest block
2 - from the highest difficulti

Not to accept from single Peers?
Activity: 994
Merit: 513
From a Krypton miner to you guys - Hold strong, it's just a matter of time. In the future join our slack as well - we have a generous community who may be able to throw a bit of hash your way and we would only ask for the same in return, Two separate coins - but I know I'm willing to help out when needed.

In ancient times enemies would put differences aside to join forces against larger Armies. Both fighting for the same ultimate goal as we are, this may be a time to apply the same method to our madness!

Couldn't you guys unite?

I mean, you could mine two blockchains at once, wouldn't that be possible? Effectively, that would decrease the possibility of such attacks, wouldn't it?

I am no tech expert, so I don't know whether or not this idea is BS, but I can't imagine why it shouldn't be possible.
Activity: 67
Merit: 10
From a Krypton miner to you guys - Hold strong, it's just a matter of time. In the future join our slack as well - we have a generous community who may be able to throw a bit of hash your way and we would only ask for the same in return, Two separate coins - but I know I'm willing to help out when needed.

In ancient times enemies would put differences aside to join forces against larger Armies. Both fighting for the same ultimate goal as we are, this may be a time to apply the same method to our madness!

Activity: 939
Merit: 261
Data HDD Repair - Recovery of lost information
Hopefully the attacker gives up. Anything the rest of us can do to help? I have a measly 90 MH/s  Grin
Keep up the good work!

We are researching a few different solutions from rolling back the chain to swapping the codebase for something more secure.

For the most part there's nothing you can do right now except wait and relax, no balances have been harmed and your coins are safe no matter where they are!

Is it possible to rent some hashrate as protection before next attacks by SHift team? Could we set up a special fund to protect SHIFT?

The response from all of you so far is amazing. Everyone in our team is working at full capacity and seeing

We will have a short update ready tomorrow, for now there's nothing you can do. If you have any questions

Long block Retarget not the single problem. The attack to a network is made in Solo - Peers are disconnected.
 It is necessary to forbid connect to RPC without Peers
Keep up the good work!

Activity: 468
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
guys, please leave this fucker alone - just ignore him.
Let's concentrate on how to defend SHF against such fuckers in the future.
SHF has a great true-blue dev team, growing community that truly consolidated after this shitty event, and the real product itself that is really awesome. So... what we can do for rock'n'roll now? How to bring back SHF to the right rails?

First time using "Ignore"  Grin

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
A Wound in Eternity
Is there a block explorer and what is the total number of coins?
Activity: 414
Keep up the good work!

Activity: 160
Merit: 100
We were going to leave this coin alone but the Shift Team has some Cowboys, so we have decided to just fuck the coin up.  If you are mining Shift it is very likely you are mining nothing but orphans from here on out.

Looks like we pushed the right buttons then Smiley

Maybe we're gonna go ahead and push some more, just to see how much you are willing to risk. I think your
farm is worth more than our whole blockchain so you're currently on the losing side of this.

Exchanges are aware of the situation and won't be activated until there is a permanent solution, so feel free
to put your mining efforts into cold storage?

Not sure what buttons you pushed but ok.  It won't take a farm it will only take about 3 GPU's to attack your chain in the next day or two.  Hashrate is dropping quickly.   Roll Eyes

That's ok, if you're in our slack you probably noticed already but here's what i just posted:

hey everyone, looks like we are under threat again, if you are currently mining there's a possibility
your efforts are worthless at this moment so you have our full understanding should you decide to
switch your miners. this is no time for noble actions because we wouldn't want any of you to suffer
from what we are currently experiencing due to the actions of a few bullies

So yeah, not sure what you're trying to accomplish, you have your ways, we have ours. You're not
hurting us much, so feel free to waste your electricity Smiley

PERFECT

Yawn.....in a month or two, you'll be part of Shift's old news...in the meantime, you're just boring .

guys, please leave this fucker alone - just ignore him.
Let's concentrate on how to defend SHF against such fuckers in the future.
SHF has a great true-blue dev team, growing community that truly consolidated after this shitty event, and the real product itself that is really awesome. So... what we can do for rock'n'roll now? How to bring back SHF to the right rails?
Activity: 103
We were going to leave this coin alone but the Shift Team has some Cowboys, so we have decided to just fuck the coin up.  If you are mining Shift it is very likely you are mining nothing but orphans from here on out.

Maybe we're gonna go ahead and push some more, just to see how much you are willing to risk. I think your
farm is worth more than our whole blockchain so you're currently on the losing side of this.

Exchanges are aware of the situation and won't be activated until there is a permanent solution, so feel free

Not sure what buttons you pushed but ok.  It won't take a farm it will only take about 3 GPU's to attack your chain in the next day or two.  Hashrate is dropping quickly.   Roll Eyes

That's ok, if you're in our slack you probably noticed already but here's what i just posted:

hey everyone, looks like we are under threat again, if you are currently mining there's a possibility
your efforts are worthless at this moment so you have our full understanding should you decide to
switch your miners. this is no time for noble actions because we wouldn't want any of you to suffer

So yeah, not sure what you're trying to accomplish, you have your ways, we have ours. You're not

PERFECT

Yawn.....in a month or two, you'll be part of Shift's old news...in the meantime, you're just boring .
Activity: 105
Don't worry about him guys. He is probably lonely and want some attention. We can always look at the bright side. Most likely, weak hands are out. Some of us will stay, some of us will go, regardless, Shift made me learn a lot so I will stay invested.
Activity: 50

So what you're saying is you can't find fulfillment in life so you decided to bully people on the internet?

And someone needs to adopt all the orphans...
Activity: 306

One thing im sure and im certain, is that someday, someway, karma will take care of you. Same energy you spent fucking people up will come back to haunt you. As much as I'd like to be there to witness it I probably wont. But Im fine and confident.
Activity: 57

So we are cowboys? Wasn't it you who came by and said give me money now (20btc) or i'll hurt you'. Try to ask that same question in my face irl out on the street.
Well I guess some people only live for the money, others work hard to create something. Maybe one day when you grow up, you'll learn what life is about.

PERFECT

Lol, at least you're funny.

Jump to: