Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 123. (Read 547569 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
So is it ok to continue mining solo? Do I have to mine at pool? Is my balance safe from hard fork???

Hi ethermine,

solo mining is not ideal but we'll make sure your balance is safe. If possible, please switch to one of the active pools for the time being.

Activity: 15
Merit: 0
So is it ok to continue mining solo? Do I have to mine at pool? Is my balance safe from hard fork???
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Who the fuck is running http://www.shift-pool.com/
Why is there no email adress on the site?
I mined a day and got no payment.
Adress: 0xaaa6b3d9adbe09fcbc09e3552c51de135ba2e6dd

Thanks for your reply. Is it ok to keep on solo for now? will my wallet be empty after hard fork? If I have to I will mine on 4miners.net pool. I would rather support this coin by mining solo for now.

http://explorer.shiftnrg.org/?page=address&address=6a900a125294bdca3b9c858c1b9c8b043dcefa2d

As in the past, I'm sure the team will see that relevant balances large and small are preserved in the fork. Pissing off those who support the coin by mining or by market speculation is not a sustainable was to run things.

Coins that have a had a rollback or fork can preserve market value even with a couple weeks of being disabled/in maintenance on an exchange while issues are being dealt with. A good recent example would be Darknet (DNET).

Thanks for your reply. Is it ok to keep on solo for now? will my wallet be empty after hard fork? If I have to I will mine on 4miners.net pool. I would rather support this coin by mining solo for now.

http://explorer.shiftnrg.org/?page=address&address=6a900a125294bdca3b9c858c1b9c8b043dcefa2d

Hey,

payouts on ShiftPool might be disabled because we asked the admin to do so while we are testing. Your shares count and will be paid out very soon.

Activity: 1
I just begun some solo mining on this coin. Should I stop?

Not necessary, if you would rather join one of the pools please check shiftchain to see the distribution.

I just begun some solo mining on this coin. Should I stop?
Activity: 38

At the moment there is no fixed date when Bittrex will be back but we are working on it.

Ho ShiftConnect  ,

I hope it doesn't last long! good luck
That coin died? when a wallet on the exchange will work?

Ho Potap,

nothing died, we are working on a solution for several exploits in the consensus algorithm brought to our
attention by two hashrate attacks on our chain.

At the moment there is no fixed date when Bittrex will be back but we are working on it.

Activity: 38
That coin died? when a wallet on the exchange will work?
Is it the same guy who attack the network with 6ghs? funny this guys wanted attention.

That is unclear. We are following several trails on the origin of the attack
but don't want to jump to conclusions.
Activity: 273
Is it the same guy who attack the network with 6ghs? funny this guys wanted attention.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Hi everyone,

sorry for being reluctant to update this thread, as there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes. At the
moment we are finalizing a rollback release as a measure against the attack.

So instead of just securing the chain you are doing a "DAO-ETH" maneuver.  What happens to those of us solomining etc.  I will be very unhappy when my balance gets screwed up.   It appears you are not only going to rollback the chain you are going to also privatize it so that others cannot mine it.

You are making a grave mistake and please let us know what your intentions are so we can make appropriate changes to our mining.  I think you will lose about half of your support over a rollback.

cheers
I think most users right now support the devs and their hardwork and not the ''classic Shift blockchain''

PoS is safer than PoW if there's not over a 1000 miners.  They don't have that much Shift left, so it's not like they will control the blockchain, the holders/stakers will control the blockchain, but I would use my stake to go with them as I trust them with the network they created.

Hi everyone,

sorry for being reluctant to update this thread, as there is a lot of things going on behind the scenes. At the

So instead of just securing the chain you are doing a "DAO-ETH" maneuver.  What happens to those of us solomining etc.  I will be very unhappy when my balance gets screwed up.   It appears you are not only going to rollback the chain you are going to also privatize it so that others cannot mine it.

You are making a grave mistake and please let us know what your intentions are so we can make appropriate changes to our mining.  I think you will lose about half of your support over a rollback.

cheers

Hey Kolbas,

we are exploring a lot of different ways to navigate this situation, but there is no "just securing the chain". Our highest
priority goes towards keeping everyone's efforts in the same state as before the attack. This goes for miners, traders,
users and us, the developers.

If you read a few lines below in our previous post, we ask all solo miners to switch to one of the advertised pools as a
preemptive measure to keep your efforts safe and archived. If you read back a few pages, we advised any purely profit
oriented miner to consider switching to a different coin for the time being.

Please note that while we are working on a solution we cannot share any finer details.

Thank you for the explanation.  Are the coins in my wallet safe and what about transfers that I have made into and out of my wallet recently?

The reason I ask is because in light of the attack I have tried to secure my coins in different locations and wallets.  The problem is that it could create problems for transactions outside of the exchanges as well.  Since we are unable to deposit coins anywhere outside our wallets then it creates a lot of uncertainty about how we as miners handle this as well.  

Mining on a pool is not any safer unless you plan on only including transactions from those pools.

edited to add the following:
A solo miner that is simply mining to collect a coin of interest has no benefit (actually the opposite because of fees and lack of control) mining at a pool.

Hi Kolbas,

don't get me wrong please, this is a temporary fix and not one we chose willingly or without some regret. But it is necessary and for now the only possible solution to move forward.

Your balances are safe, as is your wallet. If you ever do end up with a missing balance there are ways for us to react. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact me on slack!

I'm a little confused.  It appears that my pool still has a high majority of the hashing power, but my pool isn't being included in whatever updates are happening?  I have been rather supportive since I started following SHIFT and opened my pool and explorer.

I haven't heard anything about any new wallets or anything and I can't seem to make any payments to the miners.  Has the chain forked and I need a new wallet?

Hi jeff,

terribly sorry to realize we didn't include you in the update cycle, things were very hectic. No ill intentions whatsoever. There is no need for you to do anything but if you have a minute can join us on slack to coordinate?

Thanks for all your efforts, we really appreciate everything you do and again sorry!

Activity: 21
I'm a little confused.  It appears that my pool still has a high majority of the hashing power, but my pool isn't being included in whatever updates are happening?  I have been rather supportive since I started following SHIFT and opened my pool and explorer.

I haven't heard anything about any new wallets or anything and I can't seem to make any payments to the miners.  Has the chain forked and I need a new wallet?
Activity: 342

Hi everyone,

cheers

Hey Kolbas,

we are exploring a lot of different ways to navigate this situation, but there is no "just securing the chain". Our highest
priority goes towards keeping everyone's efforts in the same state as before the attack. This goes for miners, traders,

If you read a few lines below in our previous post, we ask all solo miners to switch to one of the advertised pools as a
preemptive measure to keep your efforts safe and archived. If you read back a few pages, we advised any purely profit

Please note that while we are working on a solution we cannot share any finer details.

Thank you for the explanation.  Are the coins in my wallet safe and what about transfers that I have made into and out of my wallet recently?

The reason I ask is because in light of the attack I have tried to secure my coins in different locations and wallets.  The problem is that it could create problems for transactions outside of the exchanges as well.  Since we are unable to deposit coins anywhere outside our wallets then it creates a lot of uncertainty about how we as miners handle this as well.  

Mining on a pool is not any safer unless you plan on only including transactions from those pools.

edited to add the following:
A solo miner that is simply mining to collect a coin of interest has no benefit (actually the opposite because of fees and lack of control) mining at a pool.

Hi everyone,

cheers

Hey Kolbas,

Activity: 342

Hi everyone,

cheers

Bullshit. Clearly you don't know how tight the community of shift is.

Ok fanboy, but that answers none of the important questions
Jump to: