Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SHIFT] The New Web | IPFS/Phantom | ShiftNrg.org Hosted Decentralized! - page 53. (Read 547566 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 101
I have a question.

Do we earn anything for holding shift in an official wallet? I know some other coins like NEO, Waves earn Gas and WCT for holding in a wallet.

Is it a good time to add more since the price is rising?
Activity: 307
Merit: 250
Anyone know why the big jump today? big fish jumping into the pond?
Activity: 572
Merit: 259
LSK, QTUM
its also great that there two competitors and not only one coin that has the target to decentralize the internet
when a major webbrowser like google chrome would support it it would be a haven

a next step ahead in the future
Activity: 489
Merit: 253
Hi, can anyone explain is SHIFT an competitor to Maidsafe or it has different approach and different goals?
I`ve seen a lot of allegations that SHIFT is unique project, but i find it kinda similar to maidsafe?

You can say Shift is a subset of MaidSafe. MaidSafe's scope is much much bigger than any project on blockchain currently. Shift is just decentralized web hosting while MaidSafe is going to decentralize the whole Internet starting at the protocol and ISP level. If MaidSafe ever succeeds, it will change our lives forever because censorship will be thing of the past. The MaidSafe project has been in development since 2006, way before blockchain was invented, so it's not based on blockchain technology.

Shift is kind of like maid, only without encryption and tor, but it will be available under normal DNS, so shift will be better for adoption. The other 'competitors' ignore the fact that over half the webs traffic is mobile also. Shifts scalablity is huge using lisk codebase, nothing else could really be more perfect for a decentralized internet solution in my opinion.
Decentralized hosting solution in parallel of a decentralized application platform. With IPFS, you can pin content that you want to see hosted forever … the blooming of Web 3.0 with an ecosystem built in from the get go, which SHIFT is the spearhead of. No single point of failure, freedom of creation, built-in payment system.

Plus quite a low supply (11 mil), so we could see 20-30$ per unit one day
Activity: 308
Merit: 100
Hi, can anyone explain is SHIFT an competitor to Maidsafe or it has different approach and different goals?
I`ve seen a lot of allegations that SHIFT is unique project, but i find it kinda similar to maidsafe?

You can say Shift is a subset of MaidSafe. MaidSafe's scope is much much bigger than any project on blockchain currently. Shift is just decentralized web hosting while MaidSafe is going to decentralize the whole Internet starting at the protocol and ISP level. If MaidSafe ever succeeds, it will change our lives forever because censorship will be thing of the past. The MaidSafe project has been in development since 2006, way before blockchain was invented, so it's not based on blockchain technology.
Activity: 265
Activity: 714
Merit: 117

This is exactly my same concern. It would be nice if someone could outine in a few lines the differences between these two projects.
Activity: 462
Merit: 109
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
looking fwd to greatness.....soooooooooooooooooon (and 300k+ sats lolz)  Cool Shocked
Activity: 572
Merit: 259
LSK, QTUM
looks like this is a really great project
Activity: 458
You can expect all that for Q3, but this is rough estimation.
Also keep in mind that we tend to avoid giving firm dates because people use it to buy the rumour and sell the news. Follow our social accounts to get most up to date info, and you might be the first ones to know...

https://twitter.com/ShiftNrg
https://www.facebook.com/ShiftNrg
https://shiftnrg.ryver.com/ (Register here: https://shiftnrg.ryver.com/application/signup/members/Q3vvIv5azjNuFKl )
https://www.reddit.com/r/ShiftNrg/
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Are there exact target dates for release of the following? Not seeing anything on Ryyer...

1. Phantom on mainnet
2. New website
3. Whitepaper
4. Marketing campaign launch? Also, what specifically will the marketing push include? (i.e. PR, social media, partnership announcements, etc)

Great questions! I would like to know the same!
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Since they know the Lisk team, why don't they get some advice from them? Lisk is doing pretty well for themselves esp with marketing standpoint. I heard they were in Japan recently for a few weeks marketing the piss out of it.

Because its happening exactly the opposite,
look at the last lisk commits,  almost all the fixes are from shift devs. Shift is idd steps ahead of Lisk at this moment.

Yet Lisk has consistently been in the top 30 market cap while shift is cellar dwelling on the second page. Lisk is about to have a major rebrand which might even bump it to top 10, yet shift is here asking for a marketing team. It doesn't make sense. I'm sure shift is advanced but it doesn't mean jack without exposure imo. I guess my point is regardless of tech, Lisk is leaps and bounds ahead of shift in marketing and putting themselves out there which reflects on their market caps..so why don't they go to Lisk for advice or help if they are indeed in contact with Lisk
Shift devs didn't ask a marketing plan here.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Since they know the Lisk team, why don't they get some advice from them? Lisk is doing pretty well for themselves esp with marketing standpoint. I heard they were in Japan recently for a few weeks marketing the piss out of it.

look at the last lisk commits,  almost all the fixes are from shift devs. Shift is idd steps ahead of Lisk at this moment.

Yet Lisk has consistently been in the top 30 market cap while shift is cellar dwelling on the second page. Lisk is about to have a major rebrand which might even bump it to top 10, yet shift is here asking for a marketing team. It doesn't make sense. I'm sure shift is advanced but it doesn't mean jack without exposure imo. I guess my point is regardless of tech, Lisk is leaps and bounds ahead of shift in marketing and putting themselves out there which reflects on their market caps..so why don't they go to Lisk for advice or help if they are indeed in contact with Lisk
Activity: 53
Merit: 0

look at the last lisk commits,  almost all the fixes are from shift devs. Shift is idd steps ahead of Lisk at this moment.
Activity: 210
Activity: 307
Yea shift team doesnt seem very business savvy. It's a shame, I like this project

totally agree. been in this project a long time. the devs are dutch, im sure they are quality devs but they have no idea about the marketing needed to succeed in this space nowadays. followed your twitter btw.
Activity: 238
Merit: 101
Crypto connoisseur.
Do devs ever post on ryver or do they just work 18 hr aday and cant be bothered to make a couple comments to us plebs?

GoldenEyeTue 7:02am
Q3 2017
New website, new roadmap, presentation extended team

One of devs on ryver.
Awesome news. Still think devs could take 20 min a day to post a few answers on here... Just a quick presence  goes a long way!
legendary
Activity: 2730
Merit: 1068
Juicin' crypto
Do devs ever post on ryver or do they just work 18 hr aday and cant be bothered to make a couple comments to us plebs?

GoldenEyeTue 7:02am
Q3 2017
New website, new roadmap, presentation extended team

One of devs on ryver.

this is good news.  happy to hear.
holding/buying as it dips, this is a HOLD0R coin for sure 2nd half 2017!
Pages:
Jump to: