Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 109. (Read 466802 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Hi all,

I had an amazing idea while looking at a bunch of pigeons. We are building data loggers that are solar powered that can connect to the solarcoin granting API. We demonstrated this one working last week in London at the Chain-of-things event.
There is an option as we build out to MVP, this is a good idea I think to add a "mesh networking chip" instead of an internet connection chip (e.g. Huawei dongle), or a case with both.

If we have mesh-networked solar powered solarcoin nodes, we are nearly organic. This means no single point of failure (on hardware layer) and no central internet or power needed and no single point of failure on software layer (blockchain).

What's people's thoughts?

Will investigate further.

Best,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
THe last few months have been great. Solarcoin is expanding at a great rate. I would be happy if the price held at this level for a few months and built a base. If it keeps going up I'm concerned about a big drop. Would rather take the slow and steady approach where new investors do not get burned.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Im going to dare to say if it hits 1 Dollar we are probably going higher. Lets see how it goes

I have a spare pair of trousers ready for that day just incase!!  Grin

Ahahaha Cheesy I loled  Cheesy By the way, since I am watching the price go "high as f*ck" every day  Cheesy I'm starting to think about, what will happen if/when we reach the top 10 in coinmarketcap? Can we blow off the competition there and remain stable? Are people finally going to accept, that Solarcoin is not another "shitcoin" and realize the potential behind this project? I'm starting to believe that we may be the new wealthy elite here gentleman, don't you think?

We will have to see.  The Bitcoin and Solar whales will be battling each other.  People are looking for real life examples for the implementations of the coins which is why the DAO was able to raise 150 million dollars.  
If SLR does get to the top 10 that will be good exposure for sure.

That's one of the beautifully elegant things about Solarcoin. It doesn't need to raise money. In fact it does the opposite, builds value through collected data and acceptance.
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
Im going to dare to say if it hits 1 Dollar we are probably going higher. Lets see how it goes

I have a spare pair of trousers ready for that day just incase!!  Grin

Ahahaha Cheesy I loled  Cheesy By the way, since I am watching the price go "high as f*ck" every day  Cheesy I'm starting to think about, what will happen if/when we reach the top 10 in coinmarketcap? Can we blow off the competition there and remain stable? Are people finally going to accept, that Solarcoin is not another "shitcoin" and realize the potential behind this project? I'm starting to believe that we may be the new wealthy elite here gentleman, don't you think?

We will have to see.  The Bitcoin and Solar whales will be battling each other.  People are looking for real life examples for the implementations of the coins which is why the DAO was able to raise 150 million dollars. 
If SLR does get to the top 10 that will be good exposure for sure.
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org

Ahahaha Cheesy I loled  Cheesy By the way, since I am watching the price go "high as f*ck" every day  Cheesy I'm starting to think about, what will happen if/when we reach the top 10 in coinmarketcap? Can we blow off the competition there and remain stable? Are people finally going to accept, that Solarcoin is not another "shitcoin" and realize the potential behind this project? I'm starting to believe that we may be the new wealthy elite here gentleman, don't you think?
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

I have a feeling once it breaks out there is no stopping it.

That will be great Cheesy I am watching Bittrex at the moment and someone is desperately trying to manipulate the market - non stop buying and selling, trying to catch some little fishes in the pond in his net, but that is normal  Cheesy I'm sure many people will start investing soon - we are still not in Poloniex, but that will happen in the following weeks Smiley I'm really happy with the community so far - the large wallets are HODLing Cheesy No more cheap SLR!!!
 From the start of this coin people have been trying to manipulate it to keep it within their price range.  Easy to do on one market but  once we get on Poloniex the manipulation will stop.  I think the robots has a play into the manipulation as well.
Solarcoin.org

That will be great Cheesy I am watching Bittrex at the moment and someone is desperately trying to manipulate the market - non stop buying and selling, trying to catch some little fishes in the pond in his net, but that is normal  Cheesy I'm sure many people will start investing soon - we are still not in Poloniex, but that will happen in the following weeks Smiley I'm really happy with the community so far - the large wallets are HODLing Cheesy No more cheap SLR!!!
Activity: 445
Do not be supsired if we see 25 cents soon.

It will not surprise me, but the more we climb up, the more I get nervous to be honest  Grin I mean not that kind of nervous like "for f*ck sake" , but something like "whoaa" with butterflies flying in my stomach nervous Cheesy

I'm with you man.  I've Been in this for the past three years.  It's amazing where we are now.

Fuck*ng hell you must have some kind of damn robust seatbelt to still enjoying the ride !! Grin

Nerves of steel and a high tolerance for pain.  Grin
Activity: 560
Merit: 501

It will not surprise me, but the more we climb up, the more I get nervous to be honest  Grin I mean not that kind of nervous like "for f*ck sake" , but something like "whoaa" with butterflies flying in my stomach nervous Cheesy

I'm with you man.  I've Been in this for the past three years.  It's amazing where we are now.

Fuck*ng hell you must have some kind of damn robust seatbelt to still enjoying the ride !! Grin
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

Solarcoin.org

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Someone has just bought the ~70 000 SLR "wall" on Bittrex Cheesy Are you ready for the ride guys? By the way I saw that the new "guy" which bought ~500 000 coins, no longer keeps them in the Exchange - smart move Wink

Yea I just saw that 50K get taken out!!!  Looks like the new guy might be reading the forum.  Hell it might be the new guy that just took out the wall.  Someone get that man (or woman) a beer!!! Grin Grin
Solarcoin.org
Someone has just bought the ~70 000 SLR "wall" on Bittrex Cheesy Are you ready for the ride guys? By the way I saw that the new "guy" which bought ~500 000 coins, no longer keeps them in the Exchange - smart move Wink

"Lumo joins SolarCoin in France and Europe so that by the end of 2016 Lumo users will receive directly on their Lumo account this new form of reward to thank them for the social impact of their investment."

This is cool so they will integrate the wallets into their user accounts!!!
Has anyone loaded the solarcoin wallet on Raspberry PI?

The only ARM wallet right now is Luke's Bitseed node. Give it time though.

Yea I saw that after poking around.
Jump to: