Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 107. (Read 466802 times)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Hello everyone,

i need your help.

My solarcoin wallet is corrupted.

I try to extract the keys.

Can anyone tell me how i can convert  a hex public key from my wallet.dat to a solarcoin address, in order to find the positive amount adress.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
THe last few months have been great. Solarcoin is expanding at a great rate. I would be happy if the price held at this level for a few months and built a base. If it keeps going up I'm concerned about a big drop. Would rather take the slow and steady approach where new investors do not get burned.

SLR is trading at .19 now.  It's not slowing down anytime soon.  We will probably be at .25 by Monday!!!

If you want to have an indication of where SLR can go just have a look at Peercoin. Peercoin was similar in that it was novel, had a similar market cap, similar demographic. Peercoin reached $7 in 2014.

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/ppc/usd/btc-e/alltime

And there is a lot more money, attention and awareness than there was in 2014. Solarcoin is better than Peercoin in every way and is the only coin which properly appeals to the sustainability culture.

Yes I agree. But I also think Peercoin isn't such a bad buy right now. With the block halving coming up and all. I think a lot of miners might switch to PPC because it uses the same algo. as Bitcoin.. That might result in a lot of sudden interest in proof of stake and PPC Wink But yeah PPC gives a nice idea of where SLR could be headed over the next couple of weeks/months.
Activity: 493
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Quote from: nickgogerty
Quote from: lfloorwalker
Hi all,

I had an amazing idea while looking at a bunch of pigeons. We are building data loggers that are solar powered that can connect to the solarcoin granting API. We demonstrated this one working last week in London at the Chain-of-things event.
There is an option as we build out to MVP, this is a good idea I think to add a "mesh networking chip" instead of an internet connection chip (e.g. Huawei dongle), or a case with both.

If we have mesh-networked solar powered solarcoin nodes, we are nearly organic. This means no single point of failure (on hardware layer) and no central internet or power needed and no single point of failure on software layer (blockchain).

What's people's thoughts?

Will investigate further.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

mesh architecture seems interesting for resilience redundancy architecture. then at any point a single SMS modem can act as connection point for the live blockchain.
I would be concerned about having a single point of failure within a mesh network with only a single connection point to the broader SolarCoin network. If you lose this single connection point the devices within the mesh would still have connectivity to each other and would effectively become an isolated blockchain. What would happen if the number of devices within this isolated network has the majority of peers when it rejoined the broader pool?

I would suggest focusing on building disruption tolerant networks (DTNs). These networks are more resilient and useful for mobile applications. So for example in theory a drone, a self driving truck, or dropped in a specific location where people can walk up to it such as an ATM like vending machine.

Of course these networks would not get very much in SLR but in my opinion SLR could benefit.
legendary
Activity: 987
Activity: 300
My Dad just put in solar panels on his house. We live in Cyprus and I am thinking to give him the form to fill up. Is that a good idea? I think it would be great to get more peps to know about this wonderful project. I remember SOLAR COIN form the old days and ti has really grown since then. Kudos.  Smiley
Hey man, where in Cyprus are you from? I'm in Limassol Smiley
THe last few months have been great. Solarcoin is expanding at a great rate. I would be happy if the price held at this level for a few months and built a base. If it keeps going up I'm concerned about a big drop. Would rather take the slow and steady approach where new investors do not get burned.

SLR is trading at .19 now.  It's not slowing down anytime soon.  We will probably be at .25 by Monday!!!

If you want to have an indication of where SLR can go just have a look at Peercoin. Peercoin was similar in that it was novel, had a similar market cap, similar demographic. Peercoin reached $7 in 2014.

https://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/ppc/usd/btc-e/alltime

And there is a lot more money, attention and awareness than there was in 2014. Solarcoin is better than Peercoin in every way and is the only coin which properly appeals to the sustainability culture.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
My Dad just put in solar panels on his house. We live in Cyprus and I am thinking to give him the form to fill up. Is that a good idea? I think it would be great to get more peps to know about this wonderful project. I remember SOLAR COIN form the old days and ti has really grown since then. Kudos.  Smiley
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
Activity: 868
great job rate rising up, mybe if solar add to poloniex this would be a very unusual  Roll Eyes

Hopefully add to poloniex  Grin

very very hopefully, because poloniex market is amazing  Grin

wait and see  Roll Eyes Grin Grin
legendary
Activity: 1610
great job rate rising up, mybe if solar add to poloniex this would be a very unusual  Roll Eyes

Hopefully add to poloniex  Grin

very very hopefully, because poloniex market is amazing  Grin
Activity: 868
great job rate rising up, mybe if solar add to poloniex this would be a very unusual  Roll Eyes

Hopefully add to poloniex  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1610
great job rate rising up, mybe if solar add to poloniex this would be a very unusual  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
Quote from: nickgogerty
Quote from: lfloorwalker
Hi all,

I had an amazing idea while looking at a bunch of pigeons. We are building data loggers that are solar powered that can connect to the solarcoin granting API. We demonstrated this one working last week in London at the Chain-of-things event.
There is an option as we build out to MVP, this is a good idea I think to add a "mesh networking chip" instead of an internet connection chip (e.g. Huawei dongle), or a case with both.

If we have mesh-networked solar powered solarcoin nodes, we are nearly organic. This means no single point of failure (on hardware layer) and no central internet or power needed and no single point of failure on software layer (blockchain).

What's people's thoughts?

Will investigate further.

Best,
-lfloorwalker

mesh architecture seems interesting for resilience redundancy architecture. then at any point a single SMS modem can act as connection point for the live blockchain.
I would be concerned about having a single point of failure within a mesh network with only a single connection point to the broader SolarCoin network. If you lose this single connection point the devices within the mesh would still have connectivity to each other and would effectively become an isolated blockchain. What would happen if the number of devices within this isolated network has the majority of peers when it rejoined the broader pool?
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Would the existence of a solarcoin persuade you to invest in that rooftop array?
Activity: 493

SLR is trading at .19 now.  It's not slowing down anytime soon.  We will probably be at .25 by Monday!!!
Ok guys I have been working diligently on an SLR podcast for about 2 months now, and I already have 5 episodes recorded (still in the process of editing)... We will call it the Solar Empire Podcast   Smiley

The first episode will air on SoundCloud within 7 days (by June 17th)... I hope you will listen, & please check my show notes if you want to email or tweet any topics/feedback you find relevant.

If you want to be a guest  (*cough) Nick G) please email me as well.. we are open to all economists, scientist, ect who want to discuss relevant topics

Here is the link for my intro snippet.... see you in a week SLR community!

https://soundcloud.com/user-694611149/solar-empire-podcast

You should publish that podcast on Steemit. Be one of the first. Put it under the Solarcoin tag.
https://steemit.com/
Activity: 445
Solarcoin is about to challange namecoin and peercoin. At this rate we are overtaking both my tomorrow
Jump to: