Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 111. (Read 466802 times)

Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Imagine Elon Musk ( creator of Paypal, Spacex, Tesla Motors and founder of Solarcity ) finds out about Solarcoin  Wink 
I was thinking exactly the same thing a few days ago.. Im pretty sure a lot of these large holders might have forgotten their password. Its an intersting thought and it makes SLR even more scarce as it is right now. I remember when I first checked on my coins I bought back in 2014: I had a hard time remembering my password. Wink I got lucky and was able to recover like 66k of SLR that I had bought for fun with a few dollars :p

The same thing happened to me, but with another alt coin - I had the wallet, but could not figure out my password Cheesy I'm glad that I found a notepad file with the password that I was hiding in the most stupid place ever so when I found it I sold all of that alt and bought ~1000 SLR with it and I'm glad I DID it back then, because that other alt is not going anywhere, but Solarcoin is a different story Smiley not to mention that if I didn't do this back then but now instead, I would get only ~150 SLR so I'm glad with myself Cheesy

By the way I am looking at the Crypto-Currency Market Capitalization and the coins that are ahead of us in the chart and I find atleast 50% of them as complete "crap" lol I can't understand how people even invest in them  Shocked

Yes thats a very valid point. Like I said I had a vision and thats Solarcoin in the top 5 on coinmarketcap. Its ridiculous that people actually buy stuff like bitcrystals or Lisk and all of that other crap. Im so happy I liquidated most of my other altcoins into solarcoin a while back. Best decision I ever made  Grin

Edit: I remeber when Soalrcoin was something like number 167 on coinmarket cap. ( and it was on the second page). Absolutely crazy  Shocked
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
The SolarCoin foundation and ElectriCChain are working hard to grow value.  An initial pilot with Lumo-France a crowdfunding site for solar is under way.  Basically small holders invest Euro's in SolarFarms. In return they get the traditional solar farm type IRRs in fiat and the SolarCoin associated with the Farm.  https://www.lumo-france.com/blog/2016/06/01/lumo-integre-le-projet-blockchain-electricchain-distributeur-de-la-monnaie-solarcoin

More importantly our lead partner on this project is chair of the European Crowd Funding network. http://eurocrowd.org/ 

He has identified another potential 30 crowdfunding sites that may be potential partners.  This is great for the democratization of financing for Solar energy.

We look forward to more ElectriCChain developments in micro-finance, micro-grids etc. to push Solar Energy into the energy deserts of the world where it can have more impact.  The trial in London will be used as a model.  Conversations are now open on 3 continents for R&D of the solarcoin blockchain as a tool for data and "reward" solarcoin. 

If you know of crowdfunding sites for Solar outside of the EU that may be interested in similar partnerships, please forward them or introduce the www.electricchain.org to them.
Activity: 493
Dafuq -

Someone dumped a big chunk 1 hour ago  Shocked

Well that person is out of the race.  Was hovering around .12 and he took it down to .095 and it went back up to .11. 
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Just saw that. Undecided  price is holding  Grin
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
Dafuq -

Someone dumped a big chunk ~20 minutes ago  Shocked

Edit: Actually it's one person manipulating the market - selling to himself and buying back. He just wants to catch some little fishes in the net Cheesy No need for a panic!  Grin
Solarcoin.org

Lol great article ^^ Here is the google translate of it so anyone can read it in english (some of it does not make sense, but you can figure it out:):

Reliable money for solar energy
Renewable energy needs investment. The green certificates by the Flemish authorities were not really a success , but perhaps a digital alternative like the SolarCoin might be the difference. MO * spoke with founder François Sonnet.

Who thinks of crypto - currencies undoubtedly thinking of bitcoin . We have now all been blown hear about but few dare to really use (even I do not) . In the shortest possible terms such as digital currency Bitcoin and SolarCoin is one that you can buy online , and perform payments. Still important : the currency is functioning without a central bank without a central controller .

The only validation that occurs on such coin is the identification of a single currency (one or one bitcoin SolarCoin ) via the block chain - a word to remember. Which block chain is a kind of database technology that provides a unique identifier each currency and in which a worldwide network of computers out the verification . Important to remember: no central bank, no central verification system. So no one has control over . Once the network grows , the currency , its use is growing and gaining currency strength.

What the SolarCoin still does, put it to work alongside global computers, link the value to the production of renewable energy with solar panels. It has some similarities with the 19th century gold standard, when each banknote was based on the guarantee of a gold stock. The SolarCoin is a kind of green certificate, and the issuing office is the SolarCoin Foundation.

Green power = SolarCoin

François Sonnet: "We have seen the SolarCoin as digital currency that is directly linked to the power production of solar panels. Those who like solar power producer register with the SolarCoin Foundation (located in Andorra), will receive the foundation SolarCoin 1 per megawatt hour electricity produced. Free and for the next thirty years. It is a way to convince people to join. That goes quite simple: you install a SolarCoin wallet on your computer and you provide us a copy of your official registration of your solar panels at the local grid operator. From that you register every six months your production and receive SolarCoin in place. "

Today 1 SolarCoin is worth approximately 0.11 euros, but that remains according to François Sonnet not. "Based on statistics, we think the value of one SolarCoin will rise to 20 to 30 dollars. Only and only because the network grows, increasing the number of solar Coins and more can happen with it, the value life will lead to international markets. We encourage speculation not but we did not control. "

What happens to the data?

For such a technologically advanced currency as SolarCoin is to retrieve device data over the power production per individual user still fairly artisan. Every six months, each user registers his power production based on official certificates, which are then validated by the SolarCoin online community through the block chain database. The SolarCoin Foundation then presented on the basis of the Solar Coins out.

Also a faster processing of the data makes the SolarCoin Foundation now work. Thus, it is intended to live to register the data of all the registered solar panels via not less than three block chains. The users remain anonymous, but if it gets any watt or a unique code, so to speak, an identity. The project, called Electric Chain was given the ambition to 24 hours at 24 hours, the dates of 7 million solar power plants make them available online for scientists, researchers and entrepreneurs. The Electric Chain has already the support of NASA, Reuters, MIT and other impressive-sounding names.

François Sonnet: "Besides the obvious benefit of knowing what live produce solar parks - not least for operators - is a lot of other useful information like that available. You can keep meticulous weather and climate change. Did you know you can even measure the air pollution from the production data from solar panels? The possibilities are impressive, both for consumers and scientists, and commercial applications. "

But how anonymous is anonymous? "We guarantee that we are not Facebook that markets all data on individuals' Sonnet claims. "If we do this well than leave those registered us for another alternative and collapsed immediately in our network. We saw only the legs from under them our own seat. "

Extra advantage

Going back to the idea of ​​SolarCoin as groenestroomcertficaat. Like no other, we know what difficulties faced by the government in Flanders with the right reward and value of renewable electricity. The Turteltaks recently nekte the minister who lent her name to - nota bene at the hands of their own party chairman. It explains a lot of the underlying reason for the SolarCoin.

"We want to participate to ensure that a stable environment is created that invest in solar panels, here and elsewhere in the world, encourages' says François Sonnet itself still a co-founder of the now defunct solar energy company SunSwitch when the first Walloon player that market. "But the situation in Belgium remains with it," says Sonnet. "There are countries with a lot of sun and therefore a huge potential for solar power where the investment climate due to corruption and other reasons it is so weak that the solar industry does not get off the ground. If the SolarCoin helping to create the stable environment, our mission was successful. "

Or the SolarCoin all the ambition to stimulate investment in solar parks will eventually realize, remains to be seen. Everything hinges on an increasing number of people that believe in ... the power of the network. Anyhow will arouse the combination with the initiatives on live data about solar power production interest of public authorities, network operators and other players in the market. But there lurks a danger around the corner, what if the SolarCoin a huge success and the speculation exploded - it can also paralyze investment in solar power?
Activity: 493
welcome to you newcomer Smiley 8cABnvcY2UYriLGtvoevVM7kyXBBPjnsom  Cool

And who exactly is this? Looks like he/she might have gotten those same over the counter.
legendary
My father also deleted his solarcoins by mistake lucky i had a backup of his wallet and was able to recover them for him.

Some of those large wallets that are inactive might just be staying like that since its safer to be in cold storage. Time will tell.
Solarcoin.org
I was thinking exactly the same thing a few days ago.. Im pretty sure a lot of these large holders might have forgotten their password. Its an intersting thought and it makes SLR even more scarce as it is right now. I remember when I first checked on my coins I bought back in 2014: I had a hard time remembering my password. Wink I got lucky and was able to recover like 66k of SLR that I had bought for fun with a few dollars :p

The same thing happened to me, but with another alt coin - I had the wallet, but could not figure out my password Cheesy I'm glad that I found a notepad file with the password that I was hiding in the most stupid place ever so when I found it I sold all of that alt and bought ~1000 SLR with it and I'm glad I DID it back then, because that other alt is not going anywhere, but Solarcoin is a different story Smiley not to mention that if I didn't do this back then but now instead, I would get only ~150 SLR so I'm glad with myself Cheesy

By the way I am looking at the Crypto-Currency Market Capitalization and the coins that are ahead of us in the chart and I find atleast 50% of them as complete "crap" lol I can't understand how people even invest in them  Shocked

Quite the amount lol  Cheesy Anyway as I was looking at the rich list I see many addresses with big amounts of Solarcoins in them, and they appear to be inactive for 300 or even 600+ days (based on the slr blockchain info). I counted ~20 in the top 100 and a question popped up in my mind - How many of those we may consider as "lost" coins? Maybe the guys who farmed them forgot about the coin at all or lost their private keys/password/wallets Cheesy I'm wondering that because of the Bitcoin "lost coins" scenario which I am sure is something normal in the crypto world. So what do you guys think?

Activity: 60
Merit: 10
The big concern for me is the $6 million dollars invested into the folks building a competing solar blockchain, as that kind of money will most certainly produce results quickly, that could expand around the globe (even though the focus seems to be in the US right now). Instead of being the only solar blockchain - SLR is now in a race/competition, that it could lose Sad
They have nothing, just an announcement.
There is only one real solar blockchain.
My concern is there is more and more FUD while the price rising and new people coming.

Not so true.

They have a blockchain, as they are in the private blockchain space.

They have already demonstrated how they are writing to the blockchain from a solar panel in their recent demonstration.

They have a company with people/$ that are dedicated to this space.

As requested - the url to the article on the Linq/Filament solar blockchain development:

http://www.coindesk.com/nasdaq-blockchain-solar-power-market/
Solarcoin.org

Quite the amount lol  Cheesy Anyway as I was looking at the rich list I see many addresses with big amounts of Solarcoins in them, and they appear to be inactive for 300 or even 600+ days (based on the slr blockchain info). I counted ~20 in the top 100 and a question popped up in my mind - How many of those we may consider as "lost" coins? Maybe the guys who farmed them forgot about the coin at all or lost their private keys/password/wallets Cheesy I'm wondering that because of the Bitcoin "lost coins" scenario which I am sure is something normal in the crypto world. So what do you guys think?
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
welcome to you newcomer Smiley 8cABnvcY2UYriLGtvoevVM7kyXBBPjnsom  Cool
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Quote from: CryptoNick
SolarCoin is not tied to a commodity, the Claimers own their Solar and use the power they generate. The way it is expressed is that it is a Flight Mile scenario. So this was the problem I brought up initially like which came first the Chicken or the Egg. If everyone were to take their money to buy Solar and claim who would buy the SolarCoin the Claimers wish to sell? People getting rid of their BitCoin is the only option that I can see but why wouldn't these same people sell their BitCoin and buy Solar?
Claimers own their own PV system but they don't necessarily use the power they generate, you're forgetting any export to the grid.

If everyone were to invest in solar that would be a good thing. It doesn't matter if they use Bitcoin, SLR, USD or livestock to purchase a PV system. The whole point of SLR is to help incentivise people into buying into solar generation in the first place by rewarding the generators with something else they can potentially use in exchange for services, goods or trade. This is on top of other government incentives like renewable energy certificates that are already traded and openly purchased by power companies so they can meet government renewable energy targets.

People will place their own value on SLR regardless of current exchange price. Once the exchange price meets (or exceeds) their value they will sell or buy, depending on their intentions - this is no different to any market. People will buy into SLR if they deem it the better option than purchasing a PV system, so I don't know why you always try to make the point that no-one will simply buy SLR on the exchanges.

The problem I see with SLR presently is it's such a closed environment with small amounts of people owning large amounts of coin. The sooner more volume of SLR is spread between more holders the better.

Yes, exactly. Thank you!
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
Quote from: CryptoNick
SolarCoin is not tied to a commodity, the Claimers own their Solar and use the power they generate. The way it is expressed is that it is a Flight Mile scenario. So this was the problem I brought up initially like which came first the Chicken or the Egg. If everyone were to take their money to buy Solar and claim who would buy the SolarCoin the Claimers wish to sell? People getting rid of their BitCoin is the only option that I can see but why wouldn't these same people sell their BitCoin and buy Solar?
Claimers own their own PV system but they don't necessarily use the power they generate, you're forgetting any export to the grid.

If everyone were to invest in solar that would be a good thing. It doesn't matter if they use Bitcoin, SLR, USD or livestock to purchase a PV system. The whole point of SLR is to help incentivise people into buying into solar generation in the first place by rewarding the generators with something else they can potentially use in exchange for services, goods or trade. This is on top of other government incentives like renewable energy certificates that are already traded and openly purchased by power companies so they can meet government renewable energy targets.

People will place their own value on SLR regardless of current exchange price. Once the exchange price meets (or exceeds) their value they will sell or buy, depending on their intentions - this is no different to any market. People will buy into SLR if they deem it the better option than purchasing a PV system, so I don't know why you always try to make the point that no-one will simply buy SLR on the exchanges.

The problem I see with SLR presently is it's such a closed environment with small amounts of people owning large amounts of coin. The sooner more volume of SLR is spread between more holders the better.
Solarcoin.org
I also noticed a another wallet that seemed to pop up in third place.  So it looks like someone is buying. Not sure what their intent is though.  At these prices that is a lot of money to have sitting on an exchange.

The new wallet in the 3rd position popped up a few days ago when someone bough all the orders up to 0.00032. I think it was june 2 just after the signing of the partnership between Lumo-France and electricchain in London Smiley I don't know if those guys bought all those coins, but the meeting in London seems to triggered that. I remember that correctly, because just before I was going to sleep I checked Bittrex one more time and I was like "dafuq that escalated quickly" Cheesy and when I saw the distribution I saw that new guy at the 3rd place with 500k + coins in there, which matched the number of coins been bought a few minutes ago Smiley So I think that "guy" is not here to dump. Anyway I still can't understand how can those people can keep such a big amount of their coins in an exchange - it is not safe and everybody knows that history repeats itself at some point (and yes I am talking about mtgox and company).
Activity: 585
Merit: 500
The big concern for me is the $6 million dollars invested into the folks building a competing solar blockchain, as that kind of money will most certainly produce results quickly, that could expand around the globe (even though the focus seems to be in the US right now). Instead of being the only solar blockchain - SLR is now in a race/competition, that it could lose Sad
They have nothing, just an announcement.
There is only one real solar blockchain.
My concern is there is more and more FUD while the price rising and new people coming.

Um, guess my head's been in the dirt....link please?
legendary
The whales will not start selling until they see $1+

You can take that to the bank.
Jump to: