Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 135. (Read 466802 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Your post said to get to a $1 and history does repeat itself. Who cares if they understand or not at $1 plus more people will start claiming solars and also install systems thats all that matters in the end.

Anyone has the right to own solars its a free market.
Activity: 714
Merit: 510
Eth is doing just fine on poloniex. From 0.50 to currently $8 with a high of $14

SLR is not ETH. SLR is purely for people who believe in renewable energy. Many speculators don't give a damn about renewable energy and just want to make a quick buck. So why would you want them to hold onto the SLRs? They don't understand the potential.

Sure SLR could get pumped and dumped but if you want to see Solar be promoted then you should buy SLR from Bittrex and hold it before the speculators with big money and no interest in SLR get a hold of it.
legendary
Eth is doing just fine on poloniex. From 0.50 to currently $8 with a high of $14
Again, do not promote SLR to speculators. Promote SLR to activists who don't trade and who want to get cheaper energy. People who see the big picture know that cheap renewable energy is wealth. Solar is more important than fiat.
If you all want to see Solarcoin reach at least $1 there is a simple way to do it. It requires you actually believe in the goal of the Solarcoin project and it requires you to not care about anything other than to promote and support the $1 price.

Here is all supporters have to do, buy as many Solarcoins as you can and then make a pact with other supporters to never sell it for less than $1. It's that simple.  Also encourage speculators to dump so the SLRs end up in the right hands.  If a few big holders simply refuse to sell SLRs then you solve the problem. The other solution is don't put SLR on the centralized exchanges like Poloniex. These exchanges will acquire a lot of SLR from trading activities and then continuously dump SLR to suppress the price.

Approach decentralized exchanges or very serious secure wallet companies like Coinbase. You do not want margin traders you want people who actually buy SLR to spend it on products which give a discount to SLR. Treat the SLR holder like royalty.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
legendary
Solarcoin newbie here... having difficulty with my newly downloaded solarcoin wallet version 2.0.8

for some reason my wallet is not connecting to my network and I have zero connections. I'm running on windows 7 and thought it could have been my firewall that was blocking something, so I went into my advanced settings and created a new outbound rule to allow a connection through port 18181... that didn't work. even went into my SQL server configuration and made sure that TCP/IP was enabled. So right now I'm not so sure it's my firewall.

Has anyone had trouble with their wallet connecting to the network? If so, any suggestions on what I should test so I can properly use the wallet? Any help would be much appreciated

Also, love solarcoin... I see some real potential here

It would be your Inbound not Outbound at that port. So you want to port forward to your IP and make it static then reserve that IP if you have DHCP enabled.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
Solarcoin newbie here... having difficulty with my newly downloaded solarcoin wallet version 2.0.8

for some reason my wallet is not connecting to my network and I have zero connections. I'm running on windows 7 and thought it could have been my firewall that was blocking something, so I went into my advanced settings and created a new outbound rule to allow a connection through port 18181... that didn't work. even went into my SQL server configuration and made sure that TCP/IP was enabled. So right now I'm not so sure it's my firewall.

Has anyone had trouble with their wallet connecting to the network? If so, any suggestions on what I should test so I can properly use the wallet? Any help would be much appreciated

Also, love solarcoin... I see some real potential here
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 493
We are finally showing up on the Bittrex home page  Grin Grin Grin

Activity: 493
over $18,000,000 volume today on ETH at poloniex. Solarcoin would be great over there.

Yea it looks like their is dumping going across all major alts today.  ETH is down almost 30% from a week ago.
legendary
over $18,000,000 volume today on ETH at poloniex. Solarcoin would be great over there.

Please fill this out for Solarcoin= https://poloniex.com/coinRequest
legendary
legendary
I have patience, I know the true value of this technology. I'll let people take early profits, it's going to happen anyway. For those with deep enough pockets to buy and hold now, I also thank you. The largest corporations in the world wouldn't survive if the majority shareholders sold out on every peak. They keep their valuation in part due to large percentage holders.

With so much going on behind the scenes, we've only seen a fraction of what's to come.

Stock issuance for major corporations based on PnL statements are different than PnD.
Thank you for the dump of those coins yesterday as to all the buyers who took advantage will now have a little more profit in their stash.

It just proved yesterday how strong the community is for Solarcoin

That magic sell wall yday was a shorters paradise Wink I have to say thank you too
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Thank you for the dump of those coins yesterday as to all the buyers who took advantage will now have a little more profit in their stash.

It just proved yesterday how strong the community is for Solarcoin

legendary
If any of the attendees decide to invest we could be in for a wild ride. deep deep pockets i suspect.
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
For those in New York on May 3rd, I will be mentioning and discussing solarcoin publicly to the NYC finance crowd for the first as part my presentation to NYSSA.  http://www.nyssa.org/events/upcomingevents/conferencesseminars/ctl/viewdetail/mid/3763/itemid/2665/d/20160503.aspx

Last time I presented I was on a panel with the Vice-chair / founder of Blackrock among others discussing systemic risk. It was fun.
Jump to: