Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 138. (Read 466802 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

This project is really exciting and we are seeing kind of an acceleration in interest on it. A few months ago, and in late 2015, we are talking about the concept of connecting data loggers to blockchain. i.e. sun to blockchain flow with the whitepaper. Now I estimate that there are about either 100-300 people working on this on different chains, different cryptos and also within the ElectriCChain project itself. I was over on the IOTA chat, and there is a lot of interest now in China regarding IOTA (hundreds of people). It is only a matter of time before that interest or a subset is connected with SolarCoin as well.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
SolarCoin is an alternative digital currency with a built-in mechanism to incentivize the generation of global solar electricity.

Cool idea, how much would you say have you accomplished in getting nearer to this aim of yours?

I would say we are slowly getting there. You have to realize this is a long term project.
Some people are working very hard to make Solarcoin a success. In reality I don't think SLR has incentivized a lot of people to put Solar Panels on their roof. Simply because it wasnt really worth the hassle. Just like mining bitcoins wasn't really worth it back in 2010. people only started to really understand it when the price started going nuts. I think now that people are actually paying a lot more for solarcoins the incentive for claims will rise just like it did with mining for bitcoin.

What I really like most about Solarcoin is that it's the perfect way to effectively invest in both blockchain technology and Solar energy. It's a new idea and like most new ideas it will take time to establish itself. It's definitely the most interesting crypto project out there. But that's just my opinion. Don't take my word for it Wink

edit: I just saw the quote was from the Solarcoin foundation. I'm not part of the Solarcoin foundation, I'm just a speculator who has been following Solarcoin for a while
Solarcoin is number 4 by volume on bittrex today. Lets get it to number 1   Cool

We should be able to beat VOX and CPC, wtf is that crap anyway haha
SolarCoin is an alternative digital currency with a built-in mechanism to incentivize the generation of global solar electricity.

Cool idea, how much would you say have you accomplished in getting nearer to this aim of yours?

The current SolarCoin claimable energy reward is worth over $3 billion USD. SolarCoin is being given out in 19 countries.  Right now the community is very small less then 500 people, but growing quickly.  The electricchain is only 8 weeks old and has observers from around the world from leading science, govt, commercial and academic institutions dealing with energy, blockchain and solar hardware.  Business and Technical Development work is quietly under way in cities around the world with very large partners.....the seed is planted.

Great work. Keep it up you guys are legends! However I have to point out it's not really 3 Billion$ :p there would be no demand for that amount of SLR  (right now at least)
is the price of SolarCoin going down, when the power produced by Solar Cells getting cheaper over time?

That only makes it cost less to claim as you are saying it is cheaper to buy panels. But you are correct when you say the price of SolarCoin will go down if Solar becomes cheaper since more people Claiming and selling will flood the market with coin that it can't support at higher prices. Everyone here likes to tell people the price goes up by claiming but when the market can leave to BitCoin the price goes down. BitCoin is an integral part of SLR and always will be. If the holders of coin right now sell to BitCoin the only way they come back in with their BitCoin is at lower prices, the concept of the market is to buy low sell high and everyone will be doing it at some point so how will it sustain the price later when there will be more people trying to get their claims out into BitCoin and then to Fiat to get the costs of their Solar out. If you get your costs out then that money leaves and doesn't come back. Even if the exchanges let people go from SLR to Fiat the money still leaves to pay for installation costs. How does the SLR market absorb that if there is only so much BitCoin to go around?

You have been talking about claims flooding the market since we went past 0.00002000 . And for some reason we are 700% higher now? how can that be if caims are flooding the market. You could say the same about bitcoin. 25 new BTC every 10 min... However the price still stays somewhat stable.. Those who saw the bigger picture got rewarded by a higher solarcoin price. It was pretty simple to see coming. I posed everywhere telling people how I thought SLR was severely undervalued. And who would have guessed. Here we are at much higher prices. I think you might not have realized how little bitcoins had to be invested into SLR for the price to sustain itself. a few months ago all that was needed was a couple of dollars a day. Im not sure about right now but I can tell you it was pretty obvious that SLR was undervalued.
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

The current SolarCoin claimable energy reward is worth over $3 billion USD. SolarCoin is being given out in 19 countries.  Right now the community is very small less then 500 people, but growing quickly.  The electricchain is only 8 weeks old and has observers from around the world from leading science, govt, commercial and academic institutions dealing with energy, blockchain and solar hardware.  Business and Technical Development work is quietly under way in cities around the world with very large partners.....the seed is planted.
Activity: 493

Cool stuff I think people are getting wind of the electric chain.  The volume today is 20K that is insane!!!
Wow what's seems to be going on with the price today!!!

Looks like someone is Solar hungry  Grin Grin Grin

Already did that a few days ago. Lets get SLR on all other altcoin exchnages. Lets get it in to the top 5 by volume
Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
is the price of SolarCoin going down, when the power produced by Solar Cells getting cheaper over time?

That only makes it cost less to claim as you are saying it is cheaper to buy panels. But you are correct when you say the price of SolarCoin will go down if Solar becomes cheaper since more people Claiming and selling will flood the market with coin that it can't support at higher prices. Everyone here likes to tell people the price goes up by claiming but when the market can leave to BitCoin the price goes down. BitCoin is an integral part of SLR and always will be. If the holders of coin right now sell to BitCoin the only way they come back in with their BitCoin is at lower prices, the concept of the market is to buy low sell high and everyone will be doing it at some point so how will it sustain the price later when there will be more people trying to get their claims out into BitCoin and then to Fiat to get the costs of their Solar out. If you get your costs out then that money leaves and doesn't come back. Even if the exchanges let people go from SLR to Fiat the money still leaves to pay for installation costs. How does the SLR market absorb that if there is only so much BitCoin to go around?
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
the 1st page of this thread is still announcing POW and POS , without mentionning we are POST.
This 1st page should be updated to reflect the correct actual stage of the project.
+1
I just made a request and saw that too.
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
i made a request too.
For your info , as they request the link of ANN SLR of this forum , the 1st page of this thread is still announcing POW and POS , without mentionning we are POST.
This 1st page should be updated to reflect the correct actual stage of the project.
Thanks

Thanks just made a coin request here

Great! They have over $10 million in volume today alone on that exchange.

I don't think they will put us on Polinex because of the pre-mine.  It would be great though.  I submitted a request as well.
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001

Great! They have over $10 million in volume today alone on that exchange.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Activity: 128
Wow what's seems to be going on with the price today!!!
Activity: 185
I dont think so, cheaper installation costs will encourage more people to install solar PV, which will mean more people claiming Solarcoin, a bigger network/market and therefore a higher value/utility to having Solarcoins.

Unlike Bitcoin the difficulty of Solarcoin issue doesnt increase the more people join.
Jump to: