Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 141. (Read 466802 times)

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
legendary
What should have happened is the 33 Million coin should have been deleted
Correct me if i am wrong, but the 33 million is now what sustains the actual blockchain with POST ? if removed, how can it works? it's not only a market, it's also a blockchain.

The coins get rolled into the 10K or 100K and meet the marketcap of $100 per coin. There is no loss of money or investment from the people who mined the first coins. They didn't exactly pay that much for the coins either, but people who bought in may have quite a few BTC invested. That is also to say they didn't pay as much as it costs to Claim too. I know it represents the previous generated solar but that is a mute issue since the coin needs Claimers in the here and now not represent the previous Solar Generation. But it would still be represented come to think of it just in a better way.

What would happen is the coin would fork when the new Smart Contracts are in place. There may be no better time than that to do it since SLR would also be containing the Generator Pool.

So by doing an even exchange for the existing coin that cuts the current wallets down to size and then the Price would be allowed to boost without profit takers to $100 per coin or whatever the proper price is per MWH by the market.

People will buy these coins and support the Claims. Pretty simple.

If there are more Claims than buyers that is a good problem to have since you still give out the claims and the actual monetary trade value can officially always be PEGGED at X per MWH which you do not need an Exchange for. Say you want to trade your old PlayStation to someone holding SLR. Now lets say the going Price for SLR on the exchange is $20 or really really low... But all holders of SLR agree that Trade is always at $100 per coin.

When Merchants are involved then the actual Market Price is used so they can get their costs out of their goods. But for normal trade the base is stable at the actual Price world wide. It could be a magic number too and this way it always stays the same. Then the only thing holding the economy back is Claiming or buying new solar panels to then produce more coin and Trade with or Sell to people at Low or possibly High prices. This makes the most sense because the Trading is something of Value for a Green Investment where people who support the coin understand that 1 to 1 with the magic number is ok since this is supporting the economy and mindset. Also when you sell lets say a used PlayStation to a Claimer or holder of SLR coin you can do it for retail even though the PS is used. Like I am trading a $300 PS for 3 SLR $100 Magic Number Coins and you show no depreciation if you wish to trade further with another person. So you take that 3 SLR you got for your PlayStation and you buy an item from someone else that you really want or finalize and depreciate by going to a Merchant to buy a product off the shelf at retail and let them take the risk in the market. The merchant may hold their profits too and create a hedge later but this is volatile and why the actual market is dangerous for merchants. But Trade should be easy to adopt.
Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Well done in the interview Nick, you killed it !

Where can I find a recording of the interview? Price action is encouraging now.

Fuzznuts should have a copy. You can PM him.

Fuzznuts should have a copy. You can PM him.
Activity: 493
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Activity: 300
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
What should have happened is the 33 Million coin should have been deleted
Correct me if i am wrong, but the 33 million is now what sustains the actual blockchain with POST ? if removed, how can it works? it's not only a market, it's also a blockchain.
legendary
The selling wall is beeing drying up on bittrex , weak hands and short terms sellers are fewer and fewer.I also noticed we have now 8 wallets in France , while i was alone few weeks ago.  Tongue go go France !

Yea but since we are one market the manipulation is still high. The price is doing good right now.

Also keep in mine that at current prices someone has about $30K worth of SLR sitting at bittrex.

picture share

The funny thing is that Distro Chart hasn't changed in years. The Top 2 wallets have not budged or sold anything. Or they buy and sell to themselves? Doesn't make much sense to do that, but I have screenshots that show this chart almost like a mirror. 3 wallet has accumulated 100K but the rest is the same.

All it would take is for the big wallet holders to buy their own positions and boost the price up. Then people could sell off and reboost or no one buys at those inflated prices. But that would be the real test. Get the price up through manipulation and see if people actually place high buys, or just make a buy wall since the majority of coin would be owned by the person buying up and then see if SLR can sustain a real 1MWH Per coin Price. Then it could stabilize or just give incentive for people to claim. The holders of coin could come to this conclusion together and they could at that point reward the claimers and it would reciprocate a process instead of earning 10 cents a year. This kind of shows how impossible it is to stabilize at 1MWH though unless the effort is concerted. Since the majority holders can not sell to the volume of buys and there is not enough movement to make an investment worth while. The only profit takers are the majority holders and the price slides down when they take profit.

What should have happened is the 33 Million coin should have been deleted and then people would be forced to buy the claimers coin. Then by claiming you have a rare coin and also demand for something rare. But instead 33 Million sit out there stagnating and waiting to pounce on buyers who have nothing to do but wait to sell higher just like everyone else.

Why not restructure an IPO so people can get their investment out. Somehow if everyone cashed out even and reset so that there are only 100,000 coin for the IPO holders or work the math on the current price and divide it up so. No one is using the coin for buying things anyways so why would it matter if 33 Million are there or not?

So the Market Cap is at about 1 Million dollars. If the true cost of 1MWH is $100 then divide 1 Million Dollars by $100 and turn the 33 Million coin into 10,000 coin or 100,000 to give 10x Profit. Then when Claimers Claim there is much less competition to sell and makes the coin more rare. This puts more value on the claim coin. The 10K or 100K coin can be fractionalized so it is like a stock reduction and a Claimers market!

Also keep in mine that at current prices someone has about $30K worth of SLR sitting at bittrex.
... but he knows like many of us, that there is only 15 btc sitting at bittrex: the real number is 33.000.000, but only 66000 selling.
No one is dumb enough to sell at this price when you know what worth one megawatt when you produce it  Shocked

Just to put it in situation, you can count with your 2 hands the number SLR produced in one year for 1 roof, not more.
You can see the gap when you figure out that a year produced is estimated to less than few cents now.
Activity: 493
The selling wall is beeing drying up on bittrex , weak hands and short terms sellers are fewer and fewer.I also noticed we have now 8 wallets in France , while i was alone few weeks ago.  Tongue go go France !

Yea but since we are one market the manipulation is still high. The price is doing good right now.

picture share
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Well that hangout with Nick Gogerty was nothing short of amazing.  I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know how lucky you are to have someone as intelligent and personable working on this project.  I love the vision and the idea of changing the world and would love to hear more input in future hangouts if the community is interested. 

Additionally I'm going to put a Solarcoin room in the mumble server found at beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo so your community has a place to discuss and even record meetings in a private place where one of your trusted community members controls access. 

I look forward to helping archive the documentation of growth in this community as I believe it is one of the projects taking the inspiration uᴉoɔʇᴉq brought us and exploring the galaxies beyond uᴉoɔʇᴉq. I am so humbled and thankful to have been able to learn more about all of you. 
Unfortunately time is a factor that I cant overcome, Id love to hear the recordings if possible tho
The selling wall is beeing drying up on bittrex , weak hands and short terms sellers are fewer and fewer.I also noticed we have now 8 wallets in France , while i was alone few weeks ago.  Tongue go go France !
Activity: 158
Well that hangout with Nick Gogerty was nothing short of amazing.  I just wanted to drop by and let everyone know how lucky you are to have someone as intelligent and personable working on this project.  I love the vision and the idea of changing the world and would love to hear more input in future hangouts if the community is interested. 

Additionally I'm going to put a Solarcoin room in the mumble server found at beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo so your community has a place to discuss and even record meetings in a private place where one of your trusted community members controls access. 

I look forward to helping archive the documentation of growth in this community as I believe it is one of the projects taking the inspiration bitcoin brought us and exploring the galaxies beyond bitcoin. I am so humbled and thankful to have been able to learn more about all of you. 
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
On mumble conference room right now cool stuff! Current topic Solarcoin!
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
New version of SolarCoin wallet is underway: https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

Nice.  Smiley

Just wanted to let you know I am going to have the hangout this friday still for your community.  It will be at 11:15-11:30am EST.  Our community is looking forward to it.  Smiley

Don't forget to download mumbe @ beyondbitcoin.org/mumbleinfo !

Awesome! I won't be able to attend, but I look forward to watching the podcast. Smiley

I need at least one person to represent the community--preferably someone with a long history with Solarcoin and solid understanding of the vision and tech (at least at a high level).  Also very interested in seeing if there is someone who would be considered the "community manager" for Solarcoin as well.  I am wanting to help you guys alot over time, but I would need someone who is trusted 100% by your community so I can help them and give them help leveraging the tools and connections I have. 

I would be interested in putting this person in place to put up maybe a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly solarcoin hangout and will give them tokens that will be later used to own beyond uᴉoɔʇᴉq.  If you guys/gals know of such a person, please do me the favor of getting them in touch with me?

I would gladly give them a room of their own to administer in the beyond uᴉoɔʇᴉq server.  Smiley

I really want to join this hangout! Sounds exciting. It will be late for me, but will try.
Best,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com

Good article. It is important to remember that ElectriCChain itself is a non-profit, based on the Linux Foundation model. ElectriCChain itself can spin off multiple separate business models to be built on top of this.

Please navigate to the slack if you want to be added in.

Thanks,
lfloorwalker
New version of SolarCoin wallet is underway: https://github.com/onsightit/solarcoin

Nice.  Smiley

Just wanted to let you know I am going to have the hangout this friday still for your community.  It will be at 11:15-11:30am EST.  Our community is looking forward to it.  Smiley

Awesome! I won't be able to attend, but I look forward to watching the podcast. Smiley

I need at least one person to represent the community--preferably someone with a long history with Solarcoin and solid understanding of the vision and tech (at least at a high level).  Also very interested in seeing if there is someone who would be considered the "community manager" for Solarcoin as well.  I am wanting to help you guys alot over time, but I would need someone who is trusted 100% by your community so I can help them and give them help leveraging the tools and connections I have. 

I would be interested in putting this person in place to put up maybe a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly solarcoin hangout and will give them tokens that will be later used to own beyond bitcoin.  If you guys/gals know of such a person, please do me the favor of getting them in touch with me?

I would gladly give them a room of their own to administer in the beyond bitcoin server.  Smiley

for what it is worth. I am publishing these details to the electricchain slack and to the solarcoin foundation slack used by solcrypto and global solarchange.
Activity: 158

Nice.  Smiley

I would be interested in putting this person in place to put up maybe a weekly/bi-weekly/monthly solarcoin hangout and will give them tokens that will be later used to own beyond bitcoin.  If you guys/gals know of such a person, please do me the favor of getting them in touch with me?

I would gladly give them a room of their own to administer in the beyond bitcoin server.  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

Nice.  Smiley

Jump to: