Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 145. (Read 466802 times)

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003
Just for the hell of it I decided to post on /r/solar, there is an intersting question about whether Solarcoin would invalidate an SREC claim, Im in the Uk so have no idea, anyone have the definative answer?

I believe it does invalidate the SREC and what is worse is that States may include all SLR as payout and dilute the SREC payout.

In any state where a Solar User has already gained SREC credits they should not claim SLR. SLR now competes with the SREC market currently at a lower valuation with no real incentive. Making SLR coin possibly illegal if they do claim for free even, since they can then sell the SLR they claim. Although not saying SLR is SREC, yet users located in SREC markets will participate in the selling of SREC and some are sold from one state into another state legally and now you subvert SREC markets by allowing them to reclaim. Local SREC markets may choose to then include other States SLR as a claim in their potential payout and dilute the SREC markets since the Gov. may use these as claims in their oversight and just not pay the market as well. This would be the only way to legally sell your SLR, being when the Gov. includes the SLR from states that don't participate in SREC Market as a dilution.

For example: State A has an SREC market, State B is allowed into State A SREC market, and State C has no market and is not allowed into other markets. State A and B should not be able to participate in SLR only State C. But With the Traversal of State B into A they may include SLR in their market and dilute the actual markets across the board. This is if they don't outlaw SLR or require SLR to validate against SREC claims before issuance. Which would disallow State A and B from SLR participation.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Just for the hell of it I decided to post on /r/solar, there is an intersting question about whether Solarcoin would invalidate an SREC claim, Im in the Uk so have no idea, anyone have the definative answer?

There was some discussion on SRECs in the SolarCoin FB group back in February:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/solarcoin/permalink/406196769580863/
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
sets the filters to some setting that puts solarcoin is second place.

The filters there are set to "market-cap-by-total-supply" and that is why it appears second  Grin
Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Can someone fix the link to coinmarketcap.com on www.solarcoin.org?
When you press on Coinmarketcap Info it takes you to the coinmarketcap website and sets the filters to some setting that puts solarcoin is second place. I'm not sure how this is calculated but it's is kind of misleading.
Activity: 224
Merit: 150
solcrypto.com
Wow, NZ installed a lot of nodes in the last week.

free screen capture software
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
update on electricchain.org feel free to join if you wish monitor.  call was held with sr. manager in energy at Xerox Parc yesterday they are introducing to software and hardware teams. NASA conversation is on Friday. Good discussions with IOTA / GridSingularity being held pilot projects being planned. Things moving well with sunspec. Meeting with Michael Casey of MIT is leading to some students getting introduced to the project soon.

for those in NYC April 5. I will be presenting solarcoin on stage here at noon: https://www.conference-board.org/conferences/conferencedetail.cfm?conferenceid=2778

Nick

I see that Solar City is going to be there, Yeloha and Younicos among other big wigs

Good luck, if you can get it on video for you-tube that would be great as well.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker

I second this! That would be fantastic if it's possible.
solcrypto.com
update on electricchain.org feel free to join if you wish monitor.  call was held with sr. manager in energy at Xerox Parc yesterday they are introducing to software and hardware teams. NASA conversation is on Friday. Good discussions with IOTA / GridSingularity being held pilot projects being planned. Things moving well with sunspec. Meeting with Michael Casey of MIT is leading to some students getting introduced to the project soon.

for those in NYC April 5. I will be presenting solarcoin on stage here at noon: https://www.conference-board.org/conferences/conferencedetail.cfm?conferenceid=2778

Nick

I see that Solar City is going to be there, Yeloha and Younicos among other big wigs

Good luck, if you can get it on video for you-tube that would be great as well.

Cheers,
-lfloorwalker
Activity: 37
Merit: 0

Nick

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Nick
nice one, good luck Nick
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.

Nick
solcrypto.com
Glad solar is still going strong
Well lately someone is dropping the price - there was ~50k "dump" few days ago. It's not big of a deal, but that guy is playing on my nerves since he constantly is adding low sell orders, instead of pumping the coin...

it was a race on the Ethereum ^^

and it was not me )

Hi all,
We are talking to a number of collaboration partners for the IoT platform.
We've been in talks to 2 different ways to connect a blockchain to IoT. One is using the solarcoin blockchain via the "granting machine". The other way is using token's on Ethereum.
We've decided just to reach minimum viable product is to use current technology that is out there and connect it together. So we are doing the way on the solarcoin blockchain.

So, Solcrypto has decided a few months ago just to "have a go". What does that mean? Build a minimum viable product and ship it, then iterate it...etc. etc.
So we finally found a cool and lightweight datalogger platform that connects to a minimum 12V and 1 solar panel system. This product was originally developed in India. We are testing in our labs here in Tokyo at the moment. So the plan:

1) Connect the IoT platform (unit) to a corresponding user profile on Solcrypto. We sell the units in SolarCoin to current Solcrypto users and/or anyone.
Record the unique MAC address of the unit that the user has. Then when they install it on their solar system it will send data over https:// to the user corresponding user profile.

2) The data logger itself has a OS layer. This is great, the people who made the datalogger decided to keep their OS open! Wow, was this hard to find. I took me 6 months of searching the world to find this. Then I asked another datalogger company and they were not so interested. Doesn't matter, we have it now.  It means that we can write PHP onto their OS system so that we can do (1).
All these people have these great ideas (hey just connect a raspberry pie etc etc...good in theory but this datalogger we have has already survived 4 indian desert summers with no ventilation apparently.) More testing through the high humidity Tokyo summer will tell us more.
The datalogger runs on DC power, and consumes at most 2W of power. This was really key for us when finding it.

3) We can choose the data interval for the logger to send its packets. (Totally open). So we will see how much data these loggers are actually producing then record it on our internal database per user.

4) Finally, Solcrypto has our code to connect to the SolarCoin Foundation granting machine. This is part of our affiliate website status and job. The users then can be gathered and batched each day/week or month and then they can send a request to the granting machine API. THEN, the SolarCoin's will be sent to the users "SolarCoin Balance" in their profile. Or, if the user requests, the coins are sent to their corresponding public key address.

Major concerns:

1) Encryption of IoT and Mac address to Solcrypto node platform. We are in discussions now with the IoT provider and someone in the community could help us write a PHP script to help encrypt this data.

Thanks,
Yours in the sun,
lfloorwalker

Activity: 32
Well lately someone is dropping the price - there was ~50k "dump" few days ago. It's not big of a deal, but that guy is playing on my nerves since he constantly is adding low sell orders, instead of pumping the coin...

it was a race on the Ethereum ^^

and it was not me )
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Nice volume today on Solarcoin at Bittrex.
Activity: 445
Guys since it looks like Solarcoins are going to get some traction we need to protect our stash.

I would advice if you have to enter your Solarcoin password for your wallet use the on screen keyboard and use the mouse to enter your password this can avoid keyloggers from getting your password etc. I also do a full virus scan before any time i have to enter my password on my wallet.

These are not 100% protection but they sure will help.

Hope this helps guys!

I don't actually trust antiviruses. I honestly believe they have access to your data. at least to a certain extent.
I got rid of mine a few months ago. The most important thing is a firewall. If you have that and know what you are doing you should be good to go without a anti virus.

Edit: Obviously you're better off with a antivirus if you also do other things with your computer, but I like to do other things on my macbook Wink. My windows is only running Solarcoin 24/7 and nothing else
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
Activity: 14
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
Hi all,
i am wondering if the POST code is correctly set up for staking .

I have noticed my stakes are larger when i shut down my wallet few days than if i let it run everyday.
If the POST code is a way to reward those who are a node for the network, why rewards the same those who are shutting down their PC ? when restarting few hours later,  it's like it's recovering with higher stakes those which were not awarded when the wallet was down during few hours.

I believe the code should be adapted for those who are really letting the wallet opened all day long.
I am wrong ? or is the way it should work ? am i alone to notice this ?
Thanks.

I think it's working as intended. Though I'm sure the algo can be changed if there's an issue.

I would suggest looking at your average coin holding period and the nominal interest rate you are earning. It should converge or approximate to 2% over time.

Yes, if one does what you suggest, the algo is definitely going to be proven to be working correctly.
I did notice the same behavior user_fred noticed, but figured out it's only a perception - here is the logic that would explain it:
the algo does give older-aged coins bigger staking chances - and coins that did not stake for a while (in an offline wallet) do appear "older-aged" to the algo, but then after these "fall back" into the regular online wallet staking coin pool, the per-day interest award for the wallet gets back to around the median for that wallet. If one sums up the awards, which ARE BIGGER for some time after several days of being offline (in my case this was 3-4 days), the sum total will be LESS than the sum total of the average per-day awards the wallet gets when continuously online.
ok thanks all for theses answers, at least it is said and known as a correct behavior Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Guys since it looks like Solarcoins are going to get some traction we need to protect our stash.

I would advice if you have to enter your Solarcoin password for your wallet use the on screen keyboard and use the mouse to enter your password this can avoid keyloggers from getting your password etc. I also do a full virus scan before any time i have to enter my password on my wallet.

These are not 100% protection but they sure will help.

Hope this helps guys!
Jump to: