Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 149. (Read 466802 times)

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
So many False Premises! lol

price goes down to 1 satoshi and CryptoNick gets all SLR, and stops talking.  Shocked
until then - Ignore, to save space & time.

I can't ignore CryptoNick entirely. He has brought up some valid points in the past. I won't discount his contributions. I keep waiting for that gem stone to appear among all of the unremarkable ore. It does from time to time.

Well I am spouting gloom and doom so I can understand your defensiveness and I am working on concepts now that I can't implement inside SLR since the direction is set in stone. I tried for you guys though and the devs listened for hours. Probably sick of me.

I have a few ideas but everything goes back to how difficult it is to adopt and make merchants not get stuck in a market that stagnates or generates profit from their acceptance of the coin. Of course this could make them profit if the price goes up continually. And that is the feedback loop that can't be defeated, and the only way to break the loop was to make the Claimers buy their claims. There is no way around it.
I dont follow the conversation clearly, but I did buy my SLR claim, the panels on my roof didnt pop into existence for free, you cant just bowl up and claim SLR for nothing.  Assuming my system lasts 25 years, each SLR will have cost me about £80, if you take the produced energy as a factor each SLR will have cost about £20.  I live at 51 degrees N, without government incentives or SLR, solar PV is a massive financial gamble, and governments are scaling back on incentives so SLR will have a true value: Im not going to sell out of SLR at 1 Satoshi or it damages my solar PV investment RoI.

You mean you didn't get your solarcoins for free like some people want to do.  Grin
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

price goes down to 1 satoshi and CryptoNick gets all SLR, and stops talking.  Shocked

I can't ignore CryptoNick entirely. He has brought up some valid points in the past. I won't discount his contributions. I keep waiting for that gem stone to appear among all of the unremarkable ore. It does from time to time.

Well I am spouting gloom and doom so I can understand your defensiveness and I am working on concepts now that I can't implement inside SLR since the direction is set in stone. I tried for you guys though and the devs listened for hours. Probably sick of me.

I have a few ideas but everything goes back to how difficult it is to adopt and make merchants not get stuck in a market that stagnates or generates profit from their acceptance of the coin. Of course this could make them profit if the price goes up continually. And that is the feedback loop that can't be defeated, and the only way to break the loop was to make the Claimers buy their claims. There is no way around it.
I dont follow the conversation clearly, but I did buy my SLR claim, the panels on my roof didnt pop into existence for free, you cant just bowl up and claim SLR for nothing.  Assuming my system lasts 25 years, each SLR will have cost me about £80, if you take the produced energy as a factor each SLR will have cost about £20.  I live at 51 degrees N, without government incentives or SLR, solar PV is a massive financial gamble, and governments are scaling back on incentives so SLR will have a true value: Im not going to sell out of SLR at 1 Satoshi or it damages my solar PV investment RoI.
legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
пpивeт вceм, я oчeнь paд, чтo являюcь чacть cooбщecтвa "solarcoin", этa мoнeтa имeeт бoльшиe пepcпeктивы в cpeднe-дoлгocpoчнoй пepcпeктивe. пpиятнo видeть, чтo 1/7 миpa oтpaжaeт мoй нeбoльшoй кoшeлeк Smiley
peбятa, SLR имeeт пoд coбoй yдaчнyю кoнцeпцию, ибo "Зaпaд" нaxoдитcя в aктивныx пoиcкax aльтepнaтивныx иcтoчникoв энepгии -  и я paд. тyдa eмy и дopoгa... )
solarcoiner, ты мapкeтмeйкep ? ecли дa, тo нe paбoтaй тaкжe тoпopнo кaк "Epiphany".
yдaчи ) Poccия пoмнит o вac ) (шyткa).

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Im no expert, but the only way any crypto works long term is if the coin can be exchanged for goods/services, so for SLR we need solar installers to accept it in place of fiat, then it not claimants selling out to BTC/LTC or whatever, its an actual economy.

Say they accepted like 5-10% in Solarcoin. That would be huge!

Or if you pay with 10 solarcoins you got 5% off etc on your solar install......
My thinking is for Value Added Services like panel cleaning/maintenace, or upgrades like battery storage or immersion heater add-ons, as an installer the pool of intersted solar pv targets is constantly shrinking, at some point you need to start moving to non-installation as a proportion of your business model. 

All businesses want to discount to drive promotions, but they dont want to reduce their headline price as there is resistance when it increases again... SLR becomes almost like a loyalty programme - panel owners not wanting to claim thier SLR directly can have it claimed/stored by their installer on their behalf, or the installer can make that invisible by claiming the kWh production for their suite of clients in SLR and subsidising their overall operations with it.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.

I do agree! That's the reason I hit the Unignore once per page, eye-scanning for that gem stone....
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org

legendary

Not assuming, I was told by the SolarCoin Devs that you can not go to FIAT or it is a Securities Act Violation. BitCoin is the only one allowed to be traded for FIAT. I scratched my head the whole time since it is only 1 step removed from FIAT to BitCoin so what is the difference? If you can go to FIAT by just creating a coin and suddenly out of thin air people can send Fiat for a coin and give the maker and most worthy miners of the coin money for nothing but their time and hash power, it sounds like the way to go.

This still doesn't solve the dilemma I stated about why to buy SolarCoin or any Alt coin even BitCoin for that matter. Just to facilitate its existence? Yeah SolarCoin is fast and light etc. but why buy it and how do you support even $25,000 worth of merchant transactions without crashing the market? There are not enough coin in existence to deal with the low buys that will be forced out on the constant dive of selloffs. If that is the purpose of the coin to be used right? Or are people just supposed to come in at a frenzy and think that it is the next BitCoin and just buy buy buy? There are only 12 BitCoin in the market and most of the buys are very low. So to get a transaction in real time a merchant can sell $4,440.00 worth of goods and then the coin is at .00000002 and someone holds a ton of coin at that position. Now your positions are eroded just because of one single sale from a Panel Installer for 1 Job on 1 Roof.

More than just Transaction Value? I guess I can't argue with perception.

Why do you constantly assume the market is going to stay thin forever? You can't apply the conditions today with what will happen tomorrow, yet you stay convinced it's never going to happen. All of your arguments on trading liquidity are only based on trading actions, it never takes into account market viability. Are you aware every major currency in the world is traded on an exchange and the value constantly fluctuates, and there's a limited amount of supply for the demand? You just don't notice huge swings because of the adoption rate. In several years of claims, you'll see similar liquidity. I'm beginning to think you're just here to cause a ruckus.

To address your other concern about Solarcoins existence. It really only matters if people adopt it. I think there are several good reasons to do so.

Why? Because it can't support itself! I outlined it several times as a Leaky Ceiling. It makes no difference then if the market grows it only perpetuates the same outcomes on bigger scales. SLR and all Crypto coins including BitCoin are not a Currency they are a Stock, and you would buy a stock that has no assets or Profits just pure Market Cap? BitCoin has an infrastructure and costs so it may be the only relation to worth, where PoST can actually go in the opposite direction and that would make it worth less since it costs less to sustain since there is no competition to gain it. BitCoin is a race to spend energy and heat and generates worth, SolarCoin shows how much it can save and attempts to prove worth that way but at no real expense since the owners of Solar Panels already benefit from their purchase. 

All currency is a stock. It makes no difference if it's BTC, SLR, USD, or Euro. All currencies trade against each other and are subject to fluctuation. How many assets back up the US Dollar? How many profits? None. It's a debt note which makes it worth less than even 1 bitcoin, it's only function is to inflate. The USD like many other countries currencies are leaky ceilings but that fact is conveniently tucked away.

Your arguments tend to be based on false premises which is why arguing with you is pointless.

False Premise? So you think that creating SLR gave the right to make a currency? Securities act violation, even the devs mentioned it and they are wrong? Why are there laws?  I think you are confused that people spend their currency to get BitCoin and it represents what they are willing to spend to make it seem like a currency. They may have their currency in BitCoin but they all hope it goes up and not down, since Fiat is what all merchants need in liquidity until everyone agrees there is no need for Fiat then BitCoin can become a currency since it holds what people valued once as currency.

USD and currency are not a Stock, it is what you use to buy a Stock, if it inflates it is the power of the currency vs other currency and not the cost of the stock. The only reason why they trade Currencies is the fact that there are exchange rates. Which is stronger vs the other and only in order to trade goods that they PEG to their trading pair and hedge their trading activities. I can create a Cryptoland Currency and say I make 98 Billion of them and then manipulate the Bittrex market on the exchange over time to make it worth more than the amount of USD in existence, I then have a successful currency and can topple the US Dollar!

Meanwhile people spend their USD to make my currency worth more than the USD! You are the perfect example of why Crypto is so delusional, hoping to make themselves rich so it clouds judgement.

So back to the main issue and if I am creating a false premise then I am basing it off of the coin structure which would also need to be false.
1. There are 98 Billion freely granted coins right?
2. There are people buying those SLR on a market right?
3. There are 2 options for claimers, Hold or Sell, buying a product is selling too and the merchant could also hold, still 2 options.
4. Having more claimers does not make the price go up since they do not buy coin they claim it for free... goes back to the first so called false premise 1. and equals the Leaky Ceiling like I stated.
5. Now the buy low sell high has to be proven as a false premise... Hmmm Buy High Sell Low? Buy High Sell Even? Buy Low Sell Even?
6. Now the merchants selling has to be proven as a false premise... Hmmm got me there they could just hold on to the coin like little pack rats and never sell.

So it is a False Premise of it being easier to take your Fiat and go to the merchant and buy their service or panels or whatever they are selling than it is to go buy SLR and then purchase the same from the merchant? To be false you have to think it is easier to buy SLR than it is to just take your USD or whatever Stock Currency you may hold that the merchant takes and buy SLR with it instead of just handing it to the merchant. This merchant would have to only accept SLR and not Fiat to have your argument work, and then they would also need a corner on the market of what you are buying to not go to another merchant.

Is there a product that SLR can corner the market with? Forcing people to go to market to buy their CURRENCY and then export goods and services based on it?

Then the merchant has to recognize SLR as a global currency and it must not need to be sold to create its worth.

legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Im no expert, but the only way any crypto works long term is if the coin can be exchanged for goods/services, so for SLR we need solar installers to accept it in place of fiat, then it not claimants selling out to BTC/LTC or whatever, its an actual economy.

Or if you pay with 10 solarcoins you got 5% off etc on your solar install......
legendary
Solarcoin.org

Not assuming, I was told by the SolarCoin Devs that you can not go to FIAT or it is a Securities Act Violation. BitCoin is the only one allowed to be traded for FIAT. I scratched my head the whole time since it is only 1 step removed from FIAT to BitCoin so what is the difference? If you can go to FIAT by just creating a coin and suddenly out of thin air people can send Fiat for a coin and give the maker and most worthy miners of the coin money for nothing but their time and hash power, it sounds like the way to go.

This still doesn't solve the dilemma I stated about why to buy SolarCoin or any Alt coin even BitCoin for that matter. Just to facilitate its existence? Yeah SolarCoin is fast and light etc. but why buy it and how do you support even $25,000 worth of merchant transactions without crashing the market? There are not enough coin in existence to deal with the low buys that will be forced out on the constant dive of selloffs. If that is the purpose of the coin to be used right? Or are people just supposed to come in at a frenzy and think that it is the next BitCoin and just buy buy buy? There are only 12 BitCoin in the market and most of the buys are very low. So to get a transaction in real time a merchant can sell $4,440.00 worth of goods and then the coin is at .00000002 and someone holds a ton of coin at that position. Now your positions are eroded just because of one single sale from a Panel Installer for 1 Job on 1 Roof.

Why do you constantly assume the market is going to stay thin forever? You can't apply the conditions today with what will happen tomorrow, yet you stay convinced it's never going to happen. All of your arguments on trading liquidity are only based on trading actions, it never takes into account market viability. Are you aware every major currency in the world is traded on an exchange and the value constantly fluctuates, and there's a limited amount of supply for the demand? You just don't notice huge swings because of the adoption rate. In several years of claims, you'll see similar liquidity. I'm beginning to think you're just here to cause a ruckus.

To address your other concern about Solarcoins existence. It really only matters if people adopt it. I think there are several good reasons to do so.

Why? Because it can't support itself! I outlined it several times as a Leaky Ceiling. It makes no difference then if the market grows it only perpetuates the same outcomes on bigger scales. SLR and all Crypto coins including BitCoin are not a Currency they are a Stock, and you would buy a stock that has no assets or Profits just pure Market Cap? BitCoin has an infrastructure and costs so it may be the only relation to worth, where PoST can actually go in the opposite direction and that would make it worth less since it costs less to sustain since there is no competition to gain it. BitCoin is a race to spend energy and heat and generates worth, SolarCoin shows how much it can save and attempts to prove worth that way but at no real expense since the owners of Solar Panels already benefit from their purchase. 

All currency is a stock. It makes no difference if it's BTC, SLR, USD, or Euro. All currencies trade against each other and are subject to fluctuation. How many assets back up the US Dollar? How many profits? None. It's a debt note which makes it worth less than even 1 bitcoin, it's only function is to inflate. The USD like many other countries currencies are leaky ceilings but that fact is conveniently tucked away.

Your arguments tend to be based on false premises which is why arguing with you is pointless.
legendary

legendary
Actually now that I think about it, I created an Option and gave it to Joe that would do this type of function, but he said Claimers should not be required to pay. At this point you could have shown the excess as futures on the market inside the wallet. Like a derivative. But Backed with real money, see that is what a market is not just made up coin etc.
legendary
Solarcoin.org

To stay competitive. Then PV producers start accepting SLR from installeres. To stay competitive. Then raw material producers start accepting SLR from PV producers. To stay competitive...etc.etc... Along this chain, everyone adds SLR to their workers' compensations - since these are the people who will want it the most - in order to get the better deals to install/expand the PV installations on their roofs/cars/etc. And to do more of that, they will need more SLR than what they already claim for their Solar electricity production. So ...why not offer to start selling their excess electricity directly for SLR?...

Why even put any thought limits on the possibilities for expansion into the actual economy?

I think it is called anti-trust law. You are not competing fairly since you don't have a cost to maintain the power lines or respond to power outages. You can't sell the electricity for SLR, because you don't own the lines that carries the power, your excess power only relates to your meter. You would have to bundle claims somehow as one entity and maybe use a Tax write off for each installation or location within an agreement as a whole. I think this may be going on with the large installers behind the scenes since they own the Panels and you lease them. But you would have to buy the SLR as a corporation and then not sell the SLR to take the loss but create the Value. This might work if your corporation sells the Solar Panels and makes a profit to then write off the excess power and boost SLR. But it is convoluted to say the least.

What you refer to is called the Status Quo.
What I refer to is what we are aiming at in this project . It's called Tomorrow, and it's us doing it.

No I am Quoting Laws. You need to build your own wired network for electricity transmission is all. But there are not that many claimers so just hook em all up together as one. Kinda bogus that Power Companies are just that... In Power.

Laws as of today ARE the Status Quo.
So ...why not offer to start selling their excess electricity directly for SLR?...

You are changing the Claim since it has been paid for the generation of electricity already as a KWh claim. So how do you pay for excess not used when it has already achieved the output?

Who says I will always want my generation of electricity to be paid in FIAT? If I see more value in getting SLR instead of FIAT, I will start selling for SLR and abandon FIAT altogether.
legendary

To stay competitive. Then PV producers start accepting SLR from installeres. To stay competitive. Then raw material producers start accepting SLR from PV producers. To stay competitive...etc.etc... Along this chain, everyone adds SLR to their workers' compensations - since these are the people who will want it the most - in order to get the better deals to install/expand the PV installations on their roofs/cars/etc. And to do more of that, they will need more SLR than what they already claim for their Solar electricity production. So ...why not offer to start selling their excess electricity directly for SLR?...

Why even put any thought limits on the possibilities for expansion into the actual economy?

I think it is called anti-trust law. You are not competing fairly since you don't have a cost to maintain the power lines or respond to power outages. You can't sell the electricity for SLR, because you don't own the lines that carries the power, your excess power only relates to your meter. You would have to bundle claims somehow as one entity and maybe use a Tax write off for each installation or location within an agreement as a whole. I think this may be going on with the large installers behind the scenes since they own the Panels and you lease them. But you would have to buy the SLR as a corporation and then not sell the SLR to take the loss but create the Value. This might work if your corporation sells the Solar Panels and makes a profit to then write off the excess power and boost SLR. But it is convoluted to say the least.

What you refer to is called the Status Quo.
What I refer to is what we are aiming at in this project . It's called Tomorrow, and it's us doing it.

No I am Quoting Laws. You need to build your own wired network for electricity transmission is all. But there are not that many claimers so just hook em all up together as one. Kinda bogus that Power Companies are just that... In Power.
legendary
So ...why not offer to start selling their excess electricity directly for SLR?...

You are changing the Claim since it has been paid for the generation of electricity already as a KWh claim. So how do you pay for excess not used when it has already achieved the output?
Jump to: