Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 216. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
question we are earning lets say 2% to 8% interest a year. then how does someone get 10,000 solarcoins in one block? all in one lump sum? By dumb luck?

Thanks.

Current interest rate is *very* high, but it will get closer to 4% in a couple days.

Everything should work itself out.

Yeah, that's what we do all the time Wink
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
question we are earning lets say 2% to 8% interest a year. then how does someone get 10,000 solarcoins in one block? all in one lump sum? By dumb luck?

Thanks.

Current interest rate is *very* high, but it will get closer to 4% in a couple days.

Everything should work itself out.
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
What if there is no flaw in the code? Perhaps this is highlighting something else we weren't aware of? I dunno... Just thinkin' outside the box and getting a kick out of how the universe has a clever and chaotic way of fuckin' with us!  Cheesy

It will all work out. Nick is on it. Take a deep breath. The sky will not be falling. Not today anyway... Or maybe it will? I plan to enjoy the show either way.  Shocked And with that, I will go take my seat, maybe get some popcorn. Wink
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Nick please keep us posted.
Activity: 445
I must admit, I'm kinda loving this right now. Feels like I won the lottery. LOL

you wont be loving it anymore when SLR becomes worthless. Everyone won the lottery Wink i'm kind of worried

Oh but I will! My definition of worth has nothing to do with currency anymore. Smiley Worry is an emotion I haven't felt for months now and I don't expect it will be back. I'm not worthless and neither are you my friend.  Kiss

Obviously SLR is not worthless, I too like most of us here am in it for the long run Wink
Im glad we can now agree that there is a problem and it needs to be fixed!
All i was saying is if we don't fix this before the first interest payments come rolling into people's account's, then SLR would most definitely fall in price dramatically, since millions of new coins have been created in the last couple of hours
I must admit, I'm kinda loving this right now. Feels like I won the lottery. LOL

you wont be loving it anymore when SLR becomes worthless. Everyone won the lottery Wink i'm kind of worried

Oh but I will! My definition of worth has nothing to do with currency anymore. Smiley Worry is an emotion I haven't felt for months now and I don't expect it will be back. I'm not worthless and neither are you my friend.  Kiss
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Attention!  The Fork has a serious flaw in it. Many more coins are being created from staking than intended leading to an inflationary scenario.

I am reaching out to Steve the developer to do the following.

1. diagnose the scale, scope and cause of the problem.
2. identify the best case solution.
3. Propose and get consensus from the community that the solution is desired and effective.
4. Deploy the solution ASAP.

There may be multiple solutions.  Most likely the blockchain will be rolled back to block 830,000 so that all wallets and accounts are reset from that block.  I will keep you posted. Rolling back the blockchain was used with Bitcoin in the early days when a vulnerability was discovered leading to too many coins produced.

Steve, the developer with the handle: OnsightIT will likely post his diagnosis and proposed solutions on the forum today. We want to resolve this as quickly as possible so that the blockchain and transaction achieve stability rapidly.  I will be updating as things are discovered and solutions proposed.

Nick

Exactly!
OK, did some more calcs and by accepting that the "Earnable matured interest" variable number could be right (varying from 0% to 99% as shown right now) and looking at the Interest transactions' addresses' starting balances, the most probable error is a missing in the code "divide by 100" operation. Because ~7,400,000 SLR interest on a ~200,000 SLR stake is definitely WRONG. If it was 74000, I would accept it.

But we still have ~400 confirmations till these become spendable, so I guess there is still time to learn how to NOT confirm the blocks after 830000.

That sounds about right. I was staking for only a few hours and got almost 400k... unfortunately my laptop ran out of battery while I was asleep so i didn't stake for very long... Anyway This needs to be fixed before the first transactions get confirmed and move to the spendable balance, otherwise SLR is doomed

Exactly!
OK, did some more calcs and by accepting that the "Earnable matured interest" variable number could be right (varying from 0% to 99% as shown right now) and looking at the Interest transactions' addresses' starting balances, the most probable error is a missing in the code "divide by 100" operation. Because ~7,400,000 SLR interest on a ~200,000 SLR balance is definitely WRONG. If it was 74000, I would accept it.

But we still have ~400 confirmations till these become spendable, so I guess there is still time to learn how to NOT confirm the blocks after 830000.

Is Bittrex running the new wallet? I haven't seen that mentioned anywhere and I noticed last night on the "distribution" tab that there were a couple million SLR sitting in accounts there.

If those people got a new wallet and started staking, blocks would come faster and this would even out?
Maybe 1SLR = 1KWh now? LOL
I guess someone should confirm that the numbers are actually right. Somehow these look like to me 1000x what they should have been.... There was no practical way more people could participate in testing of the staking functionality, so what if a simple calc/number precision error did make it into the release?

I agree.  this is insane. the numbers can't be right
I guess someone should confirm that the numbers are actually right. Somehow these look like to me 1000x what they should have been.... There was no practical way more people could participate in testing of the staking functionality, so what if a simple calc/number precision error did make it into the release?
guys this is crazy if I am reading this correctly my SLR just trippled? how the f*ck is that supposed to keep the value stable? eveyone just getting 300% more slr??
Activity: 300
It says it is staking, let's wait and see I guess:(
I'm not sure if i'm staking to be honest, the staking amount has remained zero throughout although i have it enabled

I re-started the wallet last night a few times. It didn't seem to do anything at the time but then it started to show up. I've only caught a small handful of blocks between the two wallets in that time. Maybe 5? And there were 4 stale ones (showing in the history tab but no confirmations).

Also, I think when the spendable goes down, that must mean that the amount going to staking returns "principal and interest" so to speak, where principal is the number of coins used for earning that particular interest payment? I had a good chunk of old coins, perhaps those are given a very hefty weight in the very early blocks. Once the 510 blocks catch up, the 8 hours will be met and they will have a normal weight. Your coins are relatively newer than mine, I expect when you do catch a block, it will be a nice reward. Smiley I'll be telling all my friends who bought theirs last year to update their wallets and start staking, for sure. Cheesy

Does your wallet say "Staking" with a little circle at the bottom?
Activity: 300
I'm not sure if i'm staking to be honest, the staking amount has remained zero throughout although i have it enabled
... Shocked ... I have a lot more coins this morning than I had when I went to bed. And by a lot, well, I mean, I'm a little speechless right now...  Shocked  Grin Kiss
Jump to: