Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 284. (Read 466799 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Whatever is going on, there does seem to be some price manipulation happening. I can't imagine why though. Most people in cryptoland try to manipulate prices upward, not downwardHuh

Kinda weird…do ppl not know they can lump them all together in one buy?  Not sure of the purpose of that, other than to hide the fact - for whatever reason ? - that less than 1 btc can take this back right to 2500?  Goofy.

One reason could be to manipulate the formula for the *Uses the top 50 levels of the buy and sell order books* graphic that shows a portion of the order book in the upper right of the Bittrex screen. Are these numbers pulled externally to be used for bot programming maybe?
Activity: 368

Kinda weird…do ppl not know they can lump them all together in one buy?  Not sure of the purpose of that, other than to hide the fact - for whatever reason ? - that less than 1 btc can take this back right to 2500?  Goofy.

Activity: 546
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Whats up with 222 on bittrex  Undecided
Someone has unloaded a large quantity of coins over the last week or so.

It was Epiphany's nemesis  Tongue

Old ghost.trader...

Roll Eyes

I love you and I hate you at the same time!!! What a paradox you have me in!  Shocked Grin Shocked

Old ghost.trader...

Neighbor just got solar panels put on his house.  The crew had no idea aboit slr. Of course i explained and they lookwd at me stupid. Feel happy that your lucky enough to run into somebody.that.told you about crypto or found out about it your self!
Baby stage for slr

It is a challenge, almost like we have to encourage bitcoin to continue to grow to bring crypto itself into the awareness of more people so that it becomes easier to explain SolarCoin. It is pretty complicated to explain to people who know absolutely nothing about what you're talking about.  Grin
Activity: 30
Merit: 0
Neighbor just got solar panels put on his house.  The crew had no idea aboit slr. Of course i explained and they lookwd at me stupid. Feel happy that your lucky enough to run into somebody.that.told you about crypto or found out about it your self!
Baby stage for slr

I think the boom of venture capital into Bitcoin technology will help all crypto currencies. Much of the current $ going into blockchain startups is around the wallet technology. Hopefully putting solarcoins in the hands of ppl who want to support the cause, becomes as easy as acquiring $ today. As the wallet technology and acceptance of digital currencies becomes mainstream everywhere, with a choice of crypto currencies for consumers to use, the strength of solarcoin may really surface!  It's a good cause, and that will attract many ppl…we just have to wait some for the current boom to bring the general technology to everyone, and all crypto currencies.  In the meantime, I believe if the solarcoin foundation becomes incorporated for non-profit, and the membership becomes even stronger, and the outreach/funding/grants start to really kick-in, the coin will be well positioned to reap the rewards of the innovation at the technology level, allowing millions of ppl to acquire, invest, and spend solarcoins!  Cool
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
I wonder how many people are actually buying solarcoin out there or is it only us?

I think there are probably a lot more people buying than the people who post on this thread. Also there are various people selling into the bids, probably some miners, probably some short-term traders who bought when it was under 500 satoshis. SolarCoin is a coin with an active market now, several BTC traded per day. That's a very positive development. I don't think it's just 5 or 10 people doing all that trading. We're on page 3 of Bittrex every day now, sometimes even page 2.
Quote from: mazzaneo on Today at 07:14:45 AM
Quote from: terciops on Today at 07:02:35 AM
Quote from: mazzaneo on Today at 06:58:13 AM
Quote from: mazzaneo on Today at 06:50:06 AM
I'd love to know who is manipulating the price of Solarcoin on Bittrex, deliberately trying to keep the price down.
The guy seems to keep putting small 25 SLC orders, we should all try an chip in if we can to buy up these bullshit orders.

There are actually 2 or 3 bots running on the SLR list.  You can watch the continuous interplay of small bids and offers that make making a sensible bid very difficult.  What the point is I am not sure since the tactics are very repetitive.  Maybe it does keep the price down, it is certainly disruptive.

Well unless they have deep pockets this can't go on forever I guess.

He'll run out of SLR eventually, right? I bought some yesterday with a market order, I suggest if people buying would do that instead of putting low ball bids, the price might actually go up. It only takes 0.4 BTC to pop it back over 2300 sats yet I see large bid orders in there sub 2000. If someone is actively selling, those low ball bids are giving him what he needs to keep the price low. Just my opinion though, I don't begrudge how others choose to buy. It's a free market after all.  Smiley

Another way is to just ignore his sell as it's such a measly amount and buy the next sell one down that what I've been doing just out of principle.

If you keep a little extra to purchase the small amounts that show up right after, but wait a little bit, it seems to bring the buys up.  lol  I did this and the buys followed (they are up over 20% from where they were).  

…hopefully it's moot, and we're buying the last piles in this price range  Wink

Superficially, it might be frustrating to see the price stagnate at 2000 satoshis, but in reality we WANT the dumpers to dump as much as possible BEFORE PoS kicks in. The more coins that get put into the wallets of long-term holders now, the stronger this coin will be in the future. So keep bringing it!
Activity: 414
Freedom through Cryptocurrency!
When is the next board meeting?  It's been 3 month since the last meeting; after meeting in both June and July?  I know there has been a focus on the coin technology developments (block reduction and PoS), but it would be nice to see progress beyond the blockchain technology. What are the plan updates?

I was invited to join a call this weekend to discuss the upcoming fork and the 15% nameplate capacity automation. Hopefully more news will come as a result of that call. Great ideas are one thing, putting it into practice and actually getting shit done is quite another.  Roll Eyes That's the real challenge.

Any further word/development on the incorporation…and subsequent outreach for grants/funding/etc.?

The focus of the team right now is on getting ready for Proof of Stake. After that's done (about 2 more weeks), then the attention can shift to organizational development, business outreach, funding, etc.

One interesting thing is that I went to a Bitcoin conference in Orlando last weekend and met some people involved in Ripple. Learned a lot about the Ripple platform and how it can be used for creating a direct fiat-to-SLR trading exchange. Also some other things such as Ripple's progress on developing smart contracts.
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
Miner seem to be selling today, hope they have plenty a little left at these prices tomorrow.
When is the next board meeting?  It's been 3 month since the last meeting; after meeting in both June and July?  I know there has been a focus on the coin technology developments (block reduction and PoS), but it would be nice to see progress beyond the blockchain technology. What are the plan updates?

I was invited to join a call this weekend to discuss the upcoming fork and the 15% nameplate capacity automation. Hopefully more news will come as a result of that call. Great ideas are one thing, putting it into practice and actually getting shit done is quite another.  Roll Eyes That's the real challenge.

Any further word/development on the incorporation…and subsequent outreach for grants/funding/etc.?

Nick has some ideas on grants/funding that I have seen in some emails but it's not my place to share those. Maybe he will pop in here and share himself!!!  Grin
Jump to: