Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 59. (Read 466803 times)

legendary
Activity: 987
Merit: 1003

Thanks!
Vote for my Video! Smiley Nick Crypto is mine. Had to make it very fast though and will edit it to make it better if needed...
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
I'm curious about your thoughts on how to balance wallet staking with security. While on the one hand, it seems advantageous to stake your entire wallet, but on the other hand, cold storage is the most secure way to protect against hackers. How risky is it for the larger wallet holders (esp. those over 100k in SLR) to be continually active staking all their coins? This might not be a large concern right now with a market cap of under $4 million, but as the value of SLR rises, then it might make more sense to choose security over staking. Thoughts?

The idea now is to get an army of IoT computers staking grant rewards. The wallets may only have a few coins, but with enough of them on the network, it'll sustain transaction verification.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
I'm curious about your thoughts on how to balance wallet staking with security. While on the one hand, it seems advantageous to stake your entire wallet, but on the other hand, cold storage is the most secure way to protect against hackers. How risky is it for the larger wallet holders (esp. those over 100k in SLR) to be continually active staking all their coins? This might not be a large concern right now with a market cap of under $4 million, but as the value of SLR rises, then it might make more sense to choose security over staking. Thoughts?
Activity: 493
Merit: 250
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Yes Solarcoin community is very active just not to much on here.
Activity: 365
Making things better with better things.
Just a reminder if you want to dig in and see what is going on with the solarcoin community:

There are 270 people on the solarcoin-group slack   https://solarcoin.org/en/solarcoin-forum/
There are over 267  on the electricchain slack http://www.electricchain.org/electricchain/community/
There are 88 members on the solarcoin telegram channel doing super cool stuff with raspberry pi etc.
any EU policy wonks out there?

http://www.europarl.europa.eu/sides/getDoc.do?type=COMPARL&reference=PE-601.075&format=PDF&language=EN&secondRef=02

"Stresses that the current emergence of currency competition between national currencies and private virtual currencies could benefit innovation and price stability, Stresses that as long as Blockchain can work as an infrastructure and basis for Fintech development, Commission should encourage the expansion of Blockchain platforms in order to create inclusivity and synergies for FinTech firms and hubs, similar to the platforms that bigger financial intermediaries create for inter-banking clearing operations;

Welcomes that very important initiatives that use the capabilities provided by FinTech and Blockchain platforms (e.g. Solar-coin) to create incentives for environmentally responsible energy use and behaviour, as well as research that attempts to reduce the environmental cost of bitcoin-mining and related activities;….

"  to be voted in april   thoughts on how to support / report this and what the full body of the resolution means.

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Multisig and also yep first Coin to orbit the earth in space. Solarcoin will make the sun orbit the earth!
Beautifully put, you win a smiley  Grin
legendary
what person (or people) actually control the private keys that send the awards? I know the "SolarCoin Foundation" is a group of volunteers, however, they can't be collectively responsible for the award payments. The website doesn't talk about this for some reason. Does anyone know?

Multisig and also yep first Coin to orbit the earth in space. Solarcoin will make the sun orbit the earth!
legendary
So far last i heard it was a go. Not sure on eta
legendary
I believe they are going to be stored in space soon no joke.
Activity: 579
Merit: 500
CoinQuacker
what person (or people) actually control the private keys that send the awards? I know the "SolarCoin Foundation" is a group of volunteers, however, they can't be collectively responsible for the award payments. The website doesn't talk about this for some reason. Does anyone know?
Activity: 71
Merit: 10
Volume is good even if it pushes the price down a bit. Currently it looks just like normal action to me. Lots of activity in alts right now so the more exposure the better to draw in new people. There appear to be a lot of bubbles forming right now so I'm glad we are avoiding that and price seems quite stable. My guess is most of the others will pop and people will be looking for the next opportunity to make some quick money. SLR might get caught up in this  Roll Eyes
Well I've been watching it and about a couple of weeks ago somone was dumping like crazy on Lykke. They way their chart's look on the mobile phone you can tell when somone is dumping. I think the more POW holders that cash. out the better and they essentially give their coins to Lykke. When BTC runs up like this you get a lot of ALT coin dumping. SLR isn't immune to it.

Someone at the moment is "playing" the market at Bittrex - maybe he is trying to catch the little fishes, but I don't think they are that stupid... 21 000 $ volume at Bittrex today - I think the shark from the same time last year has awaken again and he is exploring the waters Roll Eyes

Well it didn't end well for us last year....I hope that he find some other waters to swim in.  The volume on Bittrex is pretty huge after the run up we had over the past days.  Looks a bit like a retracement to me.
Activity: 232
Merit: 105
Solarcoin.org
Well I've been watching it and about a couple of weeks ago somone was dumping like crazy on Lykke. They way their chart's look on the mobile phone you can tell when somone is dumping. I think the more POW holders that cash. out the better and they essentially give their coins to Lykke. When BTC runs up like this you get a lot of ALT coin dumping. SLR isn't immune to it.

Someone at the moment is "playing" the market at Bittrex - maybe he is trying to catch the little fishes, but I don't think they are that stupid... 21 000 $ volume at Bittrex today - I think the shark from the same time last year has awaken again and he is exploring the waters Roll Eyes

Thanks! Haven't paid attention lately but Lykke should be a gateway into SLR hopefully, rather than out. Guess most PoW hardcore holders wouldn't leave anyways until $1 and up. Glad to see the bump up in the market.

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: