Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 69. (Read 466803 times)

Activity: 445
Merit: 250
Action Required! Mandatory update to 2.1.8 using the wallet’s Check for Update feature, or downloading it from the solarcoin.org website.

SolarCoin Community,

Thank-you for your patience as we get through this fork.  We rolled out 2.1.6 to reduce the minimum transaction fee from 0.001 to 0.0001, with a fork scheduled for block height 1440000.  Because this was not a hard-fork, it opened the door for 2.1.1 nodes to reject transactions for not paying the minimum fee of 0.001. This was expected to cause a soft fork, which it did.  However, I suspect that when transactions were sent from 2.1.1 nodes to 2.1.6 nodes, this also created a third fork among the 2.1.6 nodes.  

We tried to remedy this in 2.1.7 by creating a hard fork, bumping the protocol version from 70004 to 70005, and blocking nodes on older protocols.  This was somewhat successful.  However, there were still 2.1.7 nodes creating mini-forks.  We issued 2.1.7.1, which added four new blockchain checkpoints, and required more node connections before allowing a wallet to stake.  Because this was not a staking issue, but a transaction fee issue, those on 2.1.7.1 that were not sending transactions (i.e. the master node, explorers and many in the community) managed to stay in sync.

We are actively testing version, 2.1.8, which retains the reduced transaction fee (SLR 0.0001), and reverts all of the special forking logic back to a code state equivalent to 2.1.1 (but still using protocol version 70005, which blocks 2.1.1 nodes).

Please update your Qt wallet ASAP to 2.1.8 and begin staking so we can get the network stable again.

Note: This update forces a Blockchain Reload.  After the reload, please rescan your wallet.

We will notify the exchanges and explorer ASAP.  The website will be updated later today.

I have a huge problem. When Im connected with my ISP I CAN'T download anything from the Solarcoin website anymore. Its crazy but someone I think my ISP is blocking everything. When I connect with a VPN it suddenly works. Thats why I wasn't getting any new bocks from the new Version yesterday. I guess ill have to run my node on a VPN now. what a bunch of jerks

I'm installing VPNS on my nodes and should have them back up soon
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
Action Required! Mandatory update to 2.1.8 using the wallet’s Check for Update feature, or downloading it from the solarcoin.org website.

SolarCoin Community,

Thank-you for your patience as we get through this fork.  We rolled out 2.1.6 to reduce the minimum transaction fee from 0.001 to 0.0001, with a fork scheduled for block height 1440000.  Because this was not a hard-fork, it opened the door for 2.1.1 nodes to reject transactions for not paying the minimum fee of 0.001. This was expected to cause a soft fork, which it did.  However, I suspect that when transactions were sent from 2.1.1 nodes to 2.1.6 nodes, this also created a third fork among the 2.1.6 nodes.  

We tried to remedy this in 2.1.7 by creating a hard fork, bumping the protocol version from 70004 to 70005, and blocking nodes on older protocols.  This was somewhat successful.  However, there were still 2.1.7 nodes creating mini-forks.  We issued 2.1.7.1, which added four new blockchain checkpoints, and required more node connections before allowing a wallet to stake.  Because this was not a staking issue, but a transaction fee issue, those on 2.1.7.1 that were not sending transactions (i.e. the master node, explorers and many in the community) managed to stay in sync.

We are actively testing version, 2.1.8, which retains the reduced transaction fee (SLR 0.0001), and reverts all of the special forking logic back to a code state equivalent to 2.1.1 (but still using protocol version 70005, which blocks 2.1.1 nodes).

Please update your Qt wallet ASAP to 2.1.8 and begin staking so we can get the network stable again.

Note: This update forces a Blockchain Reload.  After the reload, please rescan your wallet.

We will notify the exchanges and explorer ASAP.  The website will be updated later today.
Installed the 2.1.7.1 last night and it seemed ok, so went to bed.  Got up this morning and it wasn't syncing again, will try some more triage.

I will be home in a couple of hours to try starting over.
Pretty sure we are going to have to revert back to before the hardfork though. Its pure chaos right now and everything used to work a week ago
Its all OK now on my end, did a new blockchain reload and its been stable for some hours

Happy to hear this, cant wait to get my wallet back up online and staking. Steve I will send you some coins to the SLR donation address you provided on your profile  Grin

Morning SolarCoiner, please check your PM. Thanks!

-Steve
Installed the 2.1.7.1 last night and it seemed ok, so went to bed.  Got up this morning and it wasn't syncing again, will try some more triage.

Pretty sure we are going to have to revert back to before the hardfork though. Its pure chaos right now and everything used to work a week ago
Its all OK now on my end, did a new blockchain reload and its been stable for some hours

Happy to hear this, cant wait to get my wallet back up online and staking. Steve I will send you some coins to the SLR donation address you provided on your profile  Grin
Activity: 185
Merit: 100

Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
2.1.7.1 is stable.

Good work!

Stable here so far, too. Good work!
Activity: 523
2.1.7.1 is stable.

Good work!
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Download link of Linux wallet seems to be broken. Is this mean new version coming?
My wallet doesnt seem to be updating with new blocks. When i scroll over the icon at the bottom right it says : xxxxx bocks downloaded out of 1456310 (But new blocks are rolling in on the block explorer). My wallet is still syncing but it doesn't seem to update with the blockchain. It basically says that the block height is at 1456310 and its not updating

What is the first number (xxxxx)?  If the bootstrap was successful, the gap between the two numbers should be small.

EDIT: Also check your disk space. The bootstrap is over 800M.

Its still currently downloading. The bootstrap isn't working so i'm letting it load the old fashioned way. I only have a few blocks loaded since I just started from scratch. What I meant to ask is what is the current correct block height?

Current block height is now 1456335.

EDIT: I have one syncing from scratch also. It may take a day, but it's a good sanity check. Wink  While your node is below height 1440000, you may notice 2.1.1 peers. That's fine. After 1440000, the 2.1.1 peers will not be allowed to connect to you.

I shut everything back down because nothing is working right now. I cant even download the bootstrap manually (The download wont start)
What I meant to say before: While I was letting it sync the old fashioned way the block height (displayed at the bottom right of the wallet when you hover over it with your mouse) was lower than the one on the block explorer.

Doesn't this suggest that there is a problem elsewhere?
I reinstalled everything and reinstalled using the bootstrap like 5x.
Now the bootstrap wont download anymore and im forced to let it load the old way... But I have a feeling there is no point if my wallet is already displaying the wrong block height why should i even let it load

Sounds like a case of a "really long day".  Wipe everything in the AM per the instructions a few pages back.  In the meantime, I'm going to setup a cron job to build the bootstrap at the TOP of every hour.

Get some rest!

Well put! It was a really long day haha Smiley In the end nothing seemed to work anymore. I will try again in a few hours when I get home..
I would like to thank you again for your efforts and I will def. Donate some SLR once the blockchain is back online and working properly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Installed the 2.1.7.1 last night and it seemed ok, so went to bed.  Got up this morning and it wasnt syncing again, will try some more triage.
My wallet doesnt seem to be updating with new blocks. When i scroll over the icon at the bottom right it says : xxxxx bocks downloaded out of 1456310 (But new blocks are rolling in on the block explorer). My wallet is still syncing but it doesn't seem to update with the blockchain. It basically says that the block height is at 1456310 and its not updating

What is the first number (xxxxx)?  If the bootstrap was successful, the gap between the two numbers should be small.

Its still currently downloading. The bootstrap isn't working so i'm letting it load the old fashioned way. I only have a few blocks loaded since I just started from scratch. What I meant to ask is what is the current correct block height?

EDIT: I have one syncing from scratch also. It may take a day, but it's a good sanity check. Wink  While your node is below height 1440000, you may notice 2.1.1 peers. That's fine. After 1440000, the 2.1.1 peers will not be allowed to connect to you.

I shut everything back down because nothing is working right now. I cant even download the bootstrap manually (The download wont start)
What I meant to say before: While I was letting it sync the old fashioned way the block height (displayed at the bottom right of the wallet when you hover over it with your mouse) was lower than the one on the block explorer.

Now the bootstrap wont download anymore and im forced to let it load the old way... But I have a feeling there is no point if my wallet is already displaying the wrong block height why should i even let it load

Sounds like a case of a "really long day".  Wipe everything in the AM per the instructions a few pages back.  In the meantime, I'm going to setup a cron job to build the bootstrap at the TOP of every hour.

Get some rest!

Edit: It just updated to 1456312
Can anyone confirm that this is the correct chain?

I'm done for tonight. Already shut down my PC. Unfortunately I need to get up early tomorrow.
I have tried everything I can like 5x already. On top of that it takes twice as long on the intel pc stick so it's really annoying to have to uninstall/install the Wallet and delete/download the blockchain...
The Wallet won't even let me reload the blockchain from the bootstrap now for some reason.

When I have time tomorrow I will try again and I will PM you my debog.log file.

Thank you for your efforts

Thanks for hanging in there.   No need to reinstall, just stop, delete peers.dat, restart, and reload blockchain.

But if you don't mind, please shutdown your wallet if it is forked. Thanks.

PS: You may have been trying to reload the blockchain while it was being created.

Giving it one last try right now since I was probably trying to reload while you updated the bootstrap like you said. I deleted all the blockchain data and its reloading now. If it doesn't work I will obviously shut it off before I got to sleep.

Thanks for the effort and hope to get this resolved soon

Edit: Just one last question:

For some reason I try to reload from the bootstrap and the window just randomly disappears so now it's loading from scratch... Can I let it load like this or do I need the bootstrap? (I only have the master node in my config file)

Sometimes, if the PC is under load, it appears that the window just suddenly disappears without completing the extraction, but the wallet should restart fine.

I'm done for tonight. Already shut down my PC. Unfortunately I need to get up early tomorrow.
I have tried everything I can like 5x already. On top of that it takes twice as long on the intel pc stick so it's really annoying to have to uninstall/install the Wallet and delete/download the blockchain...
The Wallet won't even let me reload the blockchain from the bootstrap now for some reason.

Thanks for hanging in there.   No need to reinstall, just stop, delete peers.dat, restart, and reload blockchain.

PS: You may have been trying to reload the blockchain while it was being created.

Giving it one last try right now since I was probably trying to reload while you updated the bootstrap like you said. I deleted all the blockchain data and its reloading now. If it doesn't work I will obviously shut it off before I got to sleep.

Thanks for the effort and hope to get this resolved soon

Edit: Just one last question:

For some reason I try to reload from the bootstrap and the window just randomly disappears so now it's loading from scratch... Can I let it load like this or do I need the bootstrap? (I only have the master node in my config file)

Pages:
Jump to: