Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 72. (Read 466803 times)

Activity: 365
Merit: 250
Making things better with better things.
Many thanks to all those involved in fixing the issue, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I have managed to lose just under 500 SLR between the update from 2.1.1 to 2.1.7, roughly 1% of my total, so not sure what to make of that, but at least all appears to be working again.

I also used the downtime to update my ten year old laptop with a SSD; night and day difference.  Grin

If the loss was from interest earned by staking. It should be earned back over time based on the staking algo according to our lead dev.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1000
Solarcoin.org
Hi all, for Lykkex, does anyone know why the pool address 8cSBrj3d9Hc2KZ6dfNCMHG4BqLwjMjNULP is not in the blockchain.
We are asked to send to this address, but for what i can see , it doesn't exist.
Thanks for your answer if you have, i have also asked to Alan.
fred

Dear Fred, the address was generated, but haven't been used earlier. Nick just tried to send small tx 0.5 SLR https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/address.dws?8cSBrj3d9Hc2KZ6dfNCMHG4BqLwjMjNULP.htm , which was successfully received.

If you sent the transfer to this address earlier, but don't see transaction in the blockchain, you might need to roll back and rescan the wallet, and then resend the coins. 

We suggest to send a small amount first and wait for our confirmation before full transfer.

Warm regards,
Sergey Ivliev,
COO Lykke

I understand Lykke services aren't available for people in the US, does this mean I cannot provide solarcoin for the liquidity pool since I'm in the US?
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
Many thanks to all those involved in fixing the issue, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I have managed to lose just under 500 SLR between the update from 2.1.1 to 2.1.7, roughly 1% of my total, so not sure what to make of that, but at least all appears to be working again.

I also used the downtime to update my ten year old laptop with a SSD; night and day difference.  Grin
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Activity: 95
Merit: 10
ok thanks, well received.
FYI

We have put together a small FAQ for SLR liquidity pool participation https://lykke.com/city/slrfaq
Hi all, for Lykkex, does anyone know why the pool address 8cSBrj3d9Hc2KZ6dfNCMHG4BqLwjMjNULP is not in the blockchain.
We are asked to send to this address, but for what i can see , it doesn't exist.
fred

Dear Fred, the address was generated, but haven't been used earlier. Nick just tried to send small tx 0.5 SLR https://chainz.cryptoid.info/slr/address.dws?8cSBrj3d9Hc2KZ6dfNCMHG4BqLwjMjNULP.htm , which was successfully received.

If you sent the transfer to this address earlier, but don't see transaction in the blockchain, you might need to roll back and rescan the wallet, and then resend the coins. 

We suggest to send a small amount first and wait for our confirmation before full transfer.

Warm regards,
Sergey Ivliev,
COO Lykke
Thanks for your answer if you have, i also have asked to Alan.
fred

Fred not sure about that.  I will ask Nika and Lykke to this thread to respond.
Activity: 95
fred
Activity: 308
truth=(true?true:false);
All,

We have just issued version 2.1.7, protocol version 70005, to fix the problem described below:

"The reduced txn fee change caused 2.1.1 nodes to fork because 2.1.6 nodes were not paying enough fees. This in turn caused 2.1.6 nodes to fork sporadically."

Please update your Qt wallet ASAP and begin staking so we can get the network moving again.

Note: This update requires a Blockchain Reload.  This is due to the fact that some 2.1.6 nodes are ahead of the master node, and we want to get everyone one the correct chain. After the reload, please rescan your wallet.  If you are running a daemon, you can download the bootstrap.zip here: http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/downloads/bootstrap.zip

PS: We will be notifying the exchanges and explorer ASAP.  The website will be updated later today.

PPS: After the rescan, you may see conflicted transactions from earned interest.  You will make up the "lost" interest in future stakes.

Hi Steve,

Please let us know when the Explorer has been updated, so that we are sure we have the correct height there to compare to. Thanks!

Yes I was also thinking about that. How do we really know what the real chain is? How do we even know the explorer is on the right chain. Since everyone was on a fork how can we tell?

The CryptoID explorer was updated to 2.1.7 yesterday. It is on the same block as the masternode, and we are watching it. The 2.1.7 wallet is on protocol version 70005 and will block any nodes on 70004, so if you are still having syncing issues, please reload the blockchain and rescan your wallet.  That works 99.9% of the time, but if not, shut down the wallet, remove your peers.dat and make sure the only addnode in your wallet config is: addnode=162.243.214.120

Also, please ensure that the clock on your computer is set accurately.  This is known to cause some nodes to have trouble syncing.

Thanks, for your patience.

-Steve
Activity: 445
All,

We have just issued version 2.1.7, protocol version 70005, to fix the problem described below:

"The reduced txn fee change caused 2.1.1 nodes to fork because 2.1.6 nodes were not paying enough fees. This in turn caused 2.1.6 nodes to fork sporadically."

Please update your Qt wallet ASAP and begin staking so we can get the network moving again.

Note: This update requires a Blockchain Reload.  This is due to the fact that some 2.1.6 nodes are ahead of the master node, and we want to get everyone one the correct chain. After the reload, please rescan your wallet.  If you are running a daemon, you can download the bootstrap.zip here: http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/downloads/bootstrap.zip

PS: We will be notifying the exchanges and explorer ASAP.  The website will be updated later today.

PPS: After the rescan, you may see conflicted transactions from earned interest.  You will make up the "lost" interest in future stakes.

Hi Steve,

Please let us know when the Explorer has been updated, so that we are sure we have the correct height there to compare to. Thanks!

Yes I was also thinking about that. How do we really know what the real chain is? How do we even know the explorer is on the right chain. Since everyone was on a fork how can we tell?
Activity: 445
2.1.7 version wallet wokrs like charm.

I removed old peer.dat after updating wallet. reloaded blockchain.

The wallet has been on correct chain for hours. Good job devs!  Smiley

Same here, back online and staking since around 12hours...
A big thank you to the devs for fixing this ASAP.

For those who are still having problems:

1- Uninstall Solarcoin from your PC
2- Delete the Solarcoin folder from the Appdata folder (but make sure you have the wallet.dat file backed up somewhere)
3- Restart PC
4- Install Solarcoin Wallet version 2.1.7
5- When it asks you if you want to recover a backed up wallet press NO (I noticed when you press Yes it reloads the entire blockchain without extracting the bootstrap which does make it a lot faster)
6- Once the Wallet is installed it should download the bootstrap and extract it
7- Then the wallet will restart and you will be asked to create a new passphrase
8- Create the new Passphrase by typing whatever you want (I used 1234567890 )
9- The wallet should now load the last 200-500 Blocks and once loaded it should be on the correct chain.
10- Quit the wallet and open the appdata folder
11- Replace your backed up wallet.dat file with the once that just got created.
12- Reopen the wallet, enter your password and once in the wallet press rescan wallet.
13- ONce this is done your wallet should be back online and staking on the correct chain

Hope this helped
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
2.1.7 version wallet wokrs like charm.

I removed old peer.dat after updating wallet. reloaded blockchain.

The wallet has been on correct chain for hours. Good job devs!  Smiley
Activity: 185
All,

Hi Steve,

I got syncd and went ahead of the explorer by more than 10 blocks, also my balance went wrong again so re-scanning (again)
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
I've had version 2.1.7 running and staking for 11.5 hours working great and is staying on the correct chain no more orphaned blocks all interest is getting confirmed.

Nice work devs on get the problem fix quickly.
Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
All,

Hi Steve,

All,

I cant get synced on the new version, I have connections but the blocks are just getting further behind

did you reload the blockchain?
Yes Sir I did, will try again this morning
Activity: 74
All,
         let me break down the 2.1.7 upgrade process for you a bit further.  As there are added frustrations since this is a 'new' file for most browsers/AntiVirus/Windows stuff...

From the 2.1.6 HELP ->  Check for Update

Say YES to everything.

As that starts downloading ->  Turn off your AntiVirus for the next 30 minutes (it is slowwww)

Windows will moan about the download.

Click - > more details

Say Yes

2.1.7 is now loaded ...

Let it start and load whatever it does that takes longer than booting Windows 8 on a 286 PC Smiley

Reload the Block Chain - > have dinner, in fact have dinner and drinks - this is slow....

Rescan your wallet  - >  take a post dinner nap

Wait for it all to start again

Pray

Rinse and repeat as required until you have a functional wallet that holds some promise that the POW rewards don't go [?]....

Seriously though - well done Devs, let's hope you have the solution with 2.1.7 as 2.1.6 was driving me even more insane than I am normally Smiley

T

All,

I cant get synced on the new version, I have connections but the blocks are just getting further behind

did you reload the blockchain?
All,

Pages:
Jump to: