Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SLR] SolarCoin | PoW to PoS v. 2.0 | Solar Proof of Generation (§1 = 1MWh) - page 71. (Read 466803 times)

Activity: 377
Merit: 251
Note to self: it's not you doing it, it's us.
Thats exactly what I posted yesterday when I temporarily fixed my wallet. However I am still having issues so the problem must be elsewhere

I'm currently trying this again but it just fixes the problem for a few hours and then the wallet gets stuck again...

Did your solarcoin.conf have just the master-node?

I just did all the steps on one of the wallets, for the heck of it - same result - stuck in "syncing", every new connection with a smaller startingheight decreases the number of "Blocks Remaining", and the sync halts again. Right now I have 19 connections, non of those is sending my wallet any blocks.
The solarcoin.conf has just the master-node in it:
addnode=162.243.214.120

Thanks. I suspect you are not receiving blocks because your node is blocked. The block can last for 24 hours.

I'm trying to identify the offending nodes, atm.

Are the nodes identified/blocked by IP address?

Also, I just got In Sync & Stacking. At block 1455297!!! Then it started syncing again, with much fewer block left to sync - it now shows 1455649 as the total number of blocks it is targeting to sync up to. And yes, the wallet started receiving blocks and syncing up to that target. Here is what getpeerinfo is showing for the several connections that just came in:
{
"addr" : "92.135.75.153:17445",
"services" : "00000003",
"lastsend" : 1478972794,
"lastrecv" : 1478972758,
"conntime" : 1478971893,
"version" : 70005,
"subver" : "/Satoshi:2.1.7/",
"inbound" : true,
"startingheight" : 1456003,
"banscore" : 0
},
{
"addr" : "40.112.185.197:1280",
"lastsend" : 1478972331,
"lastrecv" : 1478972065,
"conntime" : 1478972065,
"startingheight" : 1455934,
},
{
"addr" : "37.112.117.122:63750",
"lastsend" : 1478972110,
"lastrecv" : 1478972107,
"conntime" : 1478972107,
"startingheight" : 1455297,
},
{
"addr" : "125.193.49.2:56917",
"lastsend" : 1478972250,
"lastrecv" : 1478972785,
"conntime" : 1478972164,
"startingheight" : 1456006,
},
{
"addr" : "24.186.0.49:20986",
"lastsend" : 1478972252,
"lastrecv" : 1478972250,
"conntime" : 1478972249,
"startingheight" : 1454513,
},
{
"addr" : "81.247.156.211:18188",
"lastsend" : 1478972769,
"lastrecv" : 1478972770,
"conntime" : 1478972560,
"inbound" : false,
"startingheight" : 1439173,
},
{
"addr" : "195.154.185.5:57135",
"lastsend" : 1478972723,
"lastrecv" : 1478972790,
"conntime" : 1478972716,
"startingheight" : 1456015,
},
{
"addr" : "174.57.202.216:49976",
"lastsend" : 1478972759,
"lastrecv" : 1478972759,
"conntime" : 1478972757,
"startingheight" : 1455649,
}
]

Now it is in sync & stacking at block 1455675. I have disabled staking (obviously why).

I am re-confirming my observations:

I have been encountering the same issue as reported in the several previous posts - after upgrading to 2.1.7 and running fine for just a while, I am not able anymore to correctly sync any of 6 wallets on 4 machines (also tried connecting through my 4G internet provider to get a brand new IP address thus eliminate possible banning issues, but the result was the same).
There are 2 issues I noticed:
1 - the wallet "decides" it has synced  (changes its status to In Sync) the moment it encounters a new connection with a lower startingheight than it's own, or lower than the previous higher height connections it found (I am using the getpeerinfo command from the Console). The wallet then (syncs to) and starts staking at that lower block height (if the total number of connections at that time is >= 3). Then only if it gets a new connection with a higher than it's own block height, it goes to Syncing mode but no blocks get further downloaded (see issue 2 below).
2 - the wallet remains in the state "Syncing" no matter how many connections with a higher startingheight it has. Then later on as soon as it gets accidentally a new connection to a node with a lower startingheight (than it's own or the previously found higher height connections) , it goes to issue 1 above. If the total number of connections at that time is >= 3, it even starts staking at that lower block height.

Right now I have re-loaded the blockchain from the newest bootstrap, up to block 1455297, and trying to sync from there on. I have snapshots of both issues, if needed.

Isn't the protocol originally supposed to choose the highest blockchain? Why does it decide to have synced and starts staking only when it finds a connection with a block height lower than the previously found? Was there any "hot-fix" change made to the basic-level consensus protocol so that the 2.1.6 -> 2.1.7 transition gets propagated faster?

Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Tried sending slr to bittrex and although the wallet is supposedly up and running it doesnt seem to be showing.

Anyone know whats up?

i have the same trouble: trying to sync from block 1455297
Activity: 185
Merit: 100
Thats exactly what I posted yesterday when I temporarily fixed my wallet. However I am still having issues so the problem must be elsewhere

I'm currently trying this again but it just fixes the problem for a few hours and then the wallet gets stuck again...

Yes I assume it did since I did a fresh Re-Install and didn't use a custom .conf file

Give me five minutes. I'm rebuilding the bootstrap.zip now so it is as current as possible.

Following the steps to the letter, just doin the wallet rescan now, confirmed the masternode in the conf file
EDIT: All done, in sync for now..........

I just did all the steps on one of the wallets, for the heck of it - same result - stuck in "syncing", every new connection with a smaller startingheight decreases the number of "Blocks Remaining", and the sync halts again. Right now I have 19 connections, non of those is sending my wallet any blocks.
addnode=162.243.214.120

Thanks. I suspect you are not receiving blocks because your node is blocked. The block can last for 24 hours.

Are the nodes identified/blocked by IP address?
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
truth=(true?true:false);
Tried sending slr to bittrex and although the wallet is supposedly up and running it doesnt seem to be showing.

Anyone know whats up?

Please hold off sending any SLR until the syncing issues are resolved. Thanks!

addnode=162.243.214.120

Activity: 300

Anyone know whats up?

addnode=162.243.214.120

Yes I assume it did since I did a fresh Re-Install and didn't use a custom .conf file

Give me five minutes. I'm rebuilding the bootstrap.zip now so it is as current as possible.

Activity: 445

To everyone that is still experiencing issues, please follow these steps:

1. Shutdown your wallet.
2. Uninstall the SolarCoin wallet.
3. Verify that the clock is set correctly on your computer.
4. Make a copy of your wallet.dat and save it in a safe, temporary, location.
5. Delete EVERYTHING in the application data directory (C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin\).
6. Delete EVERYTHING in the program directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarCoin\).
7. Download and Install the 2.1.7 wallet from: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/
    (Respond 'No' to importing a wallet.)
8. Run File->Reload Blockchain, then wait for the wallet to restart and fully sync with the network.
   (This should happen automatically after the install. You will need to provide a password for the new wallet.)
9. When the wallet is fully synced, shutdown the wallet again.

10. Copy your saved wallet.dat back to the application data directory.
11. Startup your wallet.
12. Run File->Rescan Wallet (Your wallet will restart and take a while to fully come back up.)

This is a sledgehammer approach, but removes all possible variables.

Notes:
  Executing steps 1 - 9 with a fresh (empty) wallet will make the process go much faster, as there are no transactions in the empty wallet to scan for.
  The installed solarcoin.conf file should only have one addnode for the master-node server. If you use a custom conf file, please wait to reintroduce it until you are fully in sync.

Thanks for you patience,
Steve

EDIT: I just ran through these steps, and everything synced up fine. Please follow the steps exactly. Thanks.

To everyone that is still experiencing issues, please follow these steps:

1. Shutdown your wallet.
2. Uninstall the SolarCoin wallet.
3. Verify that the clock is set correctly on your computer.
4. Make a copy of your wallet.dat and save it in a safe, temporary, location.
5. Delete EVERYTHING in the application data directory (C:\Users\{your name}\AppData\Roaming\SolarCoin\).
6. Delete EVERYTHING in the program directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\SolarCoin\).
7. Download and Install the 2.1.7 wallet from: http://solarcoin.org/downloads/
    (Respond 'No' to importing a wallet.)
8. Run File->Reload Blockchain, then wait for the wallet to restart and fully sync with the network.
   (This should happen automatically after the install. You will need to provide a password for the new wallet.)
9. When the wallet is fully synced, shutdown the wallet again.

10. Copy your saved wallet.dat back to the application data directory.
11. Startup your wallet.
12. Run File->Rescan Wallet (Your wallet will restart and take a while to fully come back up.)

This is a sledgehammer approach, but removes all possible variables.

Notes:
  Executing steps 1 - 9 with a fresh (empty) wallet will make the process go much faster, as there are no transactions in the empty wallet to scan for.
  The installed solarcoin.conf file should only have one addnode for the master-node server. If you use a custom conf file, please wait to reintroduce it until you are fully in sync.

Thanks for you patience,
Steve

EDIT: I just ran through these steps, and everything synced up fine. Please follow the steps exactly. Thanks.
Aaand im stuck again.. Looks like wo have a problem

Edit: Stuck on block 1454973

I hope the devs realise that there is no more need for anymore hard forks. Seriously everything was working before and now I have do deal with this 3 hours a day. Sometimes its better to leave things as they are
All,

We have just issued version 2.1.7, protocol version 70005, to fix the problem described below:

"The reduced txn fee change caused 2.1.1 nodes to fork because 2.1.6 nodes were not paying enough fees. This in turn caused 2.1.6 nodes to fork sporadically."

Please update your Qt wallet ASAP and begin staking so we can get the network moving again.

Note: This update requires a Blockchain Reload.  This is due to the fact that some 2.1.6 nodes are ahead of the master node, and we want to get everyone one the correct chain. After the reload, please rescan your wallet.  If you are running a daemon, you can download the bootstrap.zip here: http://blockexplorer.solarcoin.org/downloads/bootstrap.zip

PS: We will be notifying the exchanges and explorer ASAP.  The website will be updated later today.

PPS: After the rescan, you may see conflicted transactions from earned interest.  You will make up the "lost" interest in future stakes.

Hi Steve,

Please let us know when the Explorer has been updated, so that we are sure we have the correct height there to compare to. Thanks!

Yes I was also thinking about that. How do we really know what the real chain is? How do we even know the explorer is on the right chain. Since everyone was on a fork how can we tell?

The CryptoID explorer was updated to 2.1.7 yesterday. It is on the same block as the masternode, and we are watching it. The 2.1.7 wallet is on protocol version 70005 and will block any nodes on 70004, so if you are still having syncing issues, please reload the blockchain and rescan your wallet.  That works 99.9% of the time, but if not, shut down the wallet, remove your peers.dat and make sure the only addnode in your wallet config is: addnode=162.243.214.120

Also, please ensure that the clock on your computer is set accurately.  This is known to cause some nodes to have trouble syncing.

Thanks, for your patience.

-Steve

I have been encountering the same issue as reported in the several previous posts - after upgrading to 2.1.7 and running fine for just a while, I am not able anymore to correctly sync any of 6 wallets on 4 machines (also tried connecting through my 4G internet provider to get a brand new IP address thus eliminate possible banning issues, but the result was the same).
There are 2 issues I noticed:
1 - the wallet "decides" it has synced  (changes its status to In Sync) the moment it encounters a new connection with a lower startingheight than it's own, or lower than the previous higher height connections it found (I am using the getpeerinfo command from the Console). The wallet then (syncs to) and starts staking at that lower block height (if the total number of connections at that time is >= 3). Then only if it gets a new connection with a higher than it's own block height, it goes to Syncing mode but no blocks get further downloaded (see issue 2 below).
2 - the wallet remains in the state "Syncing" no matter how many connections with a higher startingheight it has. Then later on as soon as it gets accidentally a new connection to a node with a lower startingheight (than it's own or the previously found higher height connections) , it goes to issue 1 above. If the total number of connections at that time is >= 3, it even starts staking at that lower block height.

Right now I have re-loaded the blockchain from the newest bootstrap, up to block 1455297, and trying to sync from there on. I have snapshots of both issues, if needed.

Isn't the protocol originally supposed to choose the highest blockchain? Why does it decide to have synced and starts staking only when it finds a connection with a block height lower than the previously found? Was there any "hot-fix" change made to the basic-level consensus protocol so that the 2.1.6 -> 2.1.7 transition gets propagated faster?

Activity: 337
Merit: 258
At the risk of jinxing myself, mine's running along quiet happily at the moment.
Alright, I seem to be back in business, I didnt do anything, it just synced while I wasnt looking, weird

EDIT: false alarm, Im on a chain about 700 behind the block explorer, wondered why I was staking every few minutes Sad  in wallet explorer has height 1455698, Im staking on 1454964

2nd EDIT: taken my wallet offline, no point in contributing to the bad chain
legendary
Activity: 1736
Merit: 1001
Both my wallets also stuck.
My machine hibernated last night, now Im stuck unable to sync again, also the balance was wrong again!

I rescanned the blockchain and that fixed the balance but this is getting quite frustrating, it wont sync.

Am I getting banned or something, I have plenty of connections?

EDIT: OK I noticed in the console command getinfo that my IP was looking quite strange, a hexadecimal almost like an IPv6 address.  I reset my WAN IP by jumping on a VPN, restarted the wallet and the IP now shows like an IPv4 address and I started syncing, it progressed a couple of hundred blocks and Im stuck again now.
Activity: 337
Merit: 258
Many thanks to all those involved in fixing the issue, your efforts are greatly appreciated.

I have managed to lose just under 500 SLR between the update from 2.1.1 to 2.1.7, roughly 1% of my total, so not sure what to make of that, but at least all appears to be working again.

I also used the downtime to update my ten year old laptop with a SSD; night and day difference.  Grin

If the loss was from interest earned by staking. It should be earned back over time based on the staking algo according to our lead dev.
The loss would be attributed to staking but it would not be attributed to the 2.1.6 / 2.1.7 upgrade as my 2.1.1 wallet total was roughly 55,500 before 2.1.6 was released. Interest wise I used to get about 2 SLR a day on 2.1.1, so losing 500 SLR is losing roughly 250 days of staking, which is quite substantial.

I've re scanned my wallet a few times now but the total remained the same at roughly 55,040 before any new interest was earned.

I'm not overly worried at losing 500 SLR, more raising it as a point of interest to see if anyone else experiences a similar issue.
Pages:
Jump to: