Author

Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE - page 248. (Read 298777 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
smartcoin.io
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Activity: 98
How about Mac, will I be able to start mining on my mac at the launch time ?
You can mine without a wallet.
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
How about Mac, will I be able to start mining on my mac at the launch time ?
Are you going to upload the encrypted wallets before and give the password at launch? It might take me a while to compile it if you're not going to release a Linux binary.
Yes we are. It could take a while before we finally compile the Linux wallets for every flavor of Linux.

Again, any complications one may have at the beginning should be averted by the block rewards. Ideally, it wouldn't even be advantageous to mine from the beginning as there will be a few difficulty retargets once the 1000th block is approached.

Exactly, why mine at the beginning as the blocks are all basically empty, waste of electricity.  I will not be mining, block one is already premined, so blocks 2-999 are empty except for 1 coin in each, correct?
Essentially yes. We think this gives everyone an opportunity to compile everything before it fully launches.
cool, now for us non-calculating people, about how long is the estimate until block 1000 is reached?
It really depends on the hashing power at the start, but the first 60 blocks should be essentially an instamine - good thing that is only equivalent to someone signing up early. After that, the difficulty would adjust accordingly. I'd predict at least 1 hour.
It will be interesting, looking forward to it!
smartcoin.io
Are you going to upload the encrypted wallets before and give the password at launch? It might take me a while to compile it if you're not going to release a Linux binary.
Yes we are. It could take a while before we finally compile the Linux wallets for every flavor of Linux.

Again, any complications one may have at the beginning should be averted by the block rewards. Ideally, it wouldn't even be advantageous to mine from the beginning as there will be a few difficulty retargets once the 1000th block is approached.

Exactly, why mine at the beginning as the blocks are all basically empty, waste of electricity.  I will not be mining, block one is already premined, so blocks 2-999 are empty except for 1 coin in each, correct?
Essentially yes. We think this gives everyone an opportunity to compile everything before it fully launches.
cool, now for us non-calculating people, about how long is the estimate until block 1000 is reached?
It really depends on the hashing power at the start, but the first 60 blocks should be essentially an instamine - good thing that is only equivalent to someone signing up early. After that, the difficulty would adjust accordingly. I'd predict at least 1 hour.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100

It is depends about hash power of all network. MAX 998 * 40 s = 11 h
but probably block will done within few seconds maybe 5 s per block  = 82 minutes *

* if I'm not wrong
Activity: 882
Merit: 563
Bitcoin to the moon!
According to my calculations, it would take us over 11 hours to reach the 1000th block(40 sec. block time). Correct me if I'm wrong.

smartcoin.io

launch time is horrible, change it plz

Launch time is perfect, keep it just like it is.
legendary
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Will all the pools be ready at Launch time i.e.
smartcoin.io

Activity: 210
All you babies complaining about launch time: just setup CGWatcher schedule to start mining on one of the pools when it launches so you can get your precious sleep.

But how can we be sure that it would be released on time and not be delayed like most of the previously released coins?

Doesn't matter anyway.  Set your backup pool to something else you want to mine so there is no mining time wasted either way.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
All you babies complaining about launch time: just setup CGWatcher schedule to start mining on one of the pools when it launches so you can get your precious sleep.

But how can we be sure that it would be released on time and not be delayed like most of the previously released coins?

I think, will start on time because SmartCoin team is well prepared and looks professional.

You can set the alarm clock and check Smiley

For me, the start is at 1 am (CET) and to not complain. of course, for someone from Russia it be even less convenient. But no exaggeration;]
Maybe it would be better to start in the night between Saturday and Sunday than Sunday and Monday. But this is no longer possible to change;]

I hope they go well digging and coin grew stronger.
smartcoin.io

Because the hour before launch we will post the encrypted ZIP of the wallets. Windows installer is done. It automatically configures everything.
Activity: 882
Merit: 563
Bitcoin to the moon!

Jump to: