Author

Topic: ••• [ANN][SMC] SmartCoin • KGW • Cryptsy • Reduced Block Rewards • Update your wallets • 10 EXCHANGE - page 261. (Read 298777 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Activity: 101
Merit: 10
Nice logo and name. This coin should do well on here.
Activity: 112
smartcoin.io
Thank you for your response, OP.

I expect great things from you - and also let's take some steps if you can to minimize the pump-dump mentality of majority of altcoin investors. Not sure, but solid support and efforts can survive such a fate of catcoins or moon.
We'd love to hear any ideas you may have, it's not to late to implement any changes. We've been thinking of different scenarios of different block rewards to minimize instamining.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
Thank you for your response, OP.

I expect great things from you - and also let's take some steps if you can to minimize the pump-dump mentality of majority of altcoin investors. Not sure, but solid support and efforts can survive such a fate of catcoins or moon.
Activity: 61
Activity: 336
smartcoin.io
Good graphics on the OP but not a lot of information to go on at the moment. Max coins? Block time? What sets this coin apart from the 800 other scrypt coins in this subforum?

Also, I don't understand the reason for premining 2% of the coins and giving them out. Why have a premine at all? Seems like a ploy to harvest email addresses.

We definitely don't have any use for the email addresses other than to send you the link and verify that everyone gets their fair share. That's all. No funny business. Faucets rely on donations and often the amounts given away are not significant enough. This way you can at least have a relatively wide distribution of people holding it rather than people who instamined it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
Good graphics on the OP but not a lot of information to go on at the moment. Max coins? Block time? What sets this coin apart from the 800 other scrypt coins in this subforum?

Also, I don't understand the reason for premining 2% of the coins and giving them out. Why have a premine at all? Seems like a ploy to harvest email addresses.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
Binding reserve emails to accounts in bitcointalk should provide additional security as well.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Looks like a smart approach to some initial distribution.   Perhaps something like this will become the way of the future - although, I'm sure massive abuse will be attempted with emails/ips/capchas.
Activity: 308
signed up.

But how are you going to prevent people from signing up with 100 of emails and abusing your system? i could get proxy services and use 1000 proxies to setup 1000 accounts.

How are you going to fight that?

First of all, captchas and multiple submissions from the same IP are going to be the first deterrent. reCaptcha has a reputation for being secure and we prevent multiple signups from multiple IPs. If someone were to acquire a bunch of proxies, the captcha should deter some of them. Otherwise, we have some tricks up our sleeve to detect HTTP based proxies. Second, emails will be filtered out at the end for any disposable email services and other tricks I won't list. Third, after emails are sent out, you will have to type in your wallet address. Withdrawing to duplicate wallet addresses will not be possible.

Hopefully this should be enough... if you've got other suggestions we're open to hearing them.

You could ask users to list their bitcointalk username along their payout address once you release the coin. This way you can prevent spam and abuse of your system because no one is going to make multiple accounts on bitcointalk to get some coins.

if suggestion is good. maybe I can get some bonus coins? Wink
smartcoin.io
signed up.

But how are you going to prevent people from signing up with 100 of emails and abusing your system? i could get proxy services and use 1000 proxies to setup 1000 accounts.

This. Answer, OP?

Edit: Missed your post. I hope you make it even more secure.

On to my question, what are the informations on the coin and mining file conf
Sorry this info isn't available yet, we're still deciding on what would be most optimal to avoid any instamining issues on testnet. As soon as we decide on the best configuration, we'll let everyone know!
signed up.

This. Answer, OP?

Edit: Missed your post. I hope you make it even more secure.

On to my question, what are the informations on the coin and mining file conf
smartcoin.io
signed up.

First of all, captchas and multiple submissions from the same IP are going to be the first deterrent. reCaptcha has a reputation for being secure and we prevent multiple signups from multiple IPs. If someone were to acquire a bunch of proxies, the captcha should deter some of them. Otherwise, we have some tricks up our sleeve to detect HTTP based proxies. Second, emails will be filtered out at the end for any disposable email services and other tricks I won't list. Third, after emails are sent out, you will have to type in your wallet address. Withdrawing to duplicate wallet addresses will not be possible.

Hopefully this should be enough... if you've got other suggestions we're open to hearing them.
Activity: 308
signed up.

Signed up, email given.

Reserved. At least it 'looks' more promising than other altcoins, but you will have to give a lot more information regarding the coin before people are convinced.

Coin supply? Scrypt or SHA? etc. etc.

Would also appreciate example conf file and nodes, rpcport numbers, etc.
Jump to: