Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SPT] - Spots - Cryptsy | Fork 9/19 | Scrypt | Introducing Reward Reduction - page 9. (Read 93360 times)

Activity: 74
Merit: 10
Well spots look pretty stable to me I think we go only up from here..  Cheesy
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus
Any news on the mac wallet.
Cheers

I just need to make it a priority to fix the distribution.  The build is good, it is just missing a dependent library file from the looks of it.  I'll try to do it this evening, or worst case tomorrow.  My OSX VM environment is a pain to work with, I am very sorry for the delay.

Actually, on the same subject, I need to make it a priority to try to breathe some new life in the coin.

Now that a few weeks have gone by, and things are beginning to settle after the fork, it would appear that we have achieved exactly what we were hoping to achieve.  The selling has significantly dropped off on Cryptsy, and the downward pressure is slowly being lifted.  Without any promotional activities we've managed to get back in the triple digit satoshis, and it seems like we are slowly rising in value instead of dropping.

Does anyone have ideas or suggestions on promos?  I think with some effort, we could move the needle now that we've reduced the block reward and got out of the targets of the Scrypt-N multipools!
Activity: 637
Merit: 250
Any news on the mac wallet.
Cheers
There's something wrong, all of our blocks are being rejected with the following error:

2014-09-29 10:16:17 ERROR: CheckProofOfWork() : hash doesn't match nBits
2014-09-29 10:16:17 ERROR: CheckBlock() : proof of work failed
2014-09-29 10:16:17 ERROR: ProcessBlock() : CheckBlock FAILED

Please advise on any stratum changes required.

Are you still trying to mine with Scrypt-N?  The fork switched us back to Scrypt, as well as introduced block reward reductions.

No, we're using Scrypt.

The only thing I can think of is that you are somehow pulling the wrong version from Github.  The client is running fine on several other pools.  If you double check and find it isn't the version, shoot a PM to MrData.  He is normally pretty good at trouble shooting.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
There's something wrong, all of our blocks are being rejected with the following error:

Are you still trying to mine with Scrypt-N?  The fork switched us back to Scrypt, as well as introduced block reward reductions.

No, we're using Scrypt.
I'm disabling my SPT pool temporarily...  NOMP is reporting transaction failures, so I'm going to shut it down and troubleshoot.  Please use others in the mean time.  Sorry.

Back online...
I'm disabling my SPT pool temporarily...  NOMP is reporting transaction failures, so I'm going to shut it down and troubleshoot.  Please use others in the mean time.  Sorry.
It's a wonderful cryptoworld!  Cheesy

Cryptsy updated the SPOT wallet, yep! Transactions pass Ok. Which level are we expect at next week?
800 sat?

It would be nice to see some significant growth.  Now that we're off of the Scrypt-N algo, we shouldn't be mine and dumped by Scrypt-N multipools any longer.  The block reward reductions are going make SPT much harder to come by, as well.

Now that we're back up and running, I'll start planning some fun promos again...  More to come!
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
800 Sat seems too optimistic. But hey one never knows what's next in the crypto-world. That would sure make me a HAPPY camper.

I mined the crap it out of these while wallet was offline and diff really low. I'll stay on it another few days if hash/diff stays low.

Happy mining/trading
-Pit
Activity: 399
It's a wonderful cryptoworld!  Cheesy

Cryptsy updated the SPOT wallet, yep! Transactions pass Ok. Which level are we expect at next week?
800 sat?

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us

Cryptsy just tweeted....theyre working on the SPT wallet now  Smiley

Cheers,
Pit

That's exciting, I don't see the Tweet though?  Which feed are you looking at???
Cryptsy just tweeted....theyre working on the SPT wallet now  Smiley

Cheers,
Pit
What formula is used to calculate the exchange rate of SPT to the silver bars on http://www.thespt.com/exchange/ ?

Cheers,
Pit

propably they cant share due to manipulation Smiley

not sure i know what you mean Huh

-Pit

He's spreading FUD because he doesn't have anything better to do...   Wink

The silver exchange on the main website uses coinpayments.net built-in features to determine the USD equivalent of SPT.  I have the price set at $2.12 + shipping at the moment.
What formula is used to calculate the exchange rate of SPT to the silver bars on http://www.thespt.com/exchange/ ?

Cheers,
Pit

not sure i know what you mean Huh

-Pit
Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!

Cheers,
Pit

Cheers,
Pit
Activity: 637
No worries and thanks for all the work getting this done
 Kiss Wink
I'm a little confused, the official mining pool says the algo is scrypt but the op says it's scrypt-n. I was gonna point my asic miner at it for some time.
Can anyone please confirm which algo you use? Thanks!

EDIT - Ok my bad, didn't notice the hard-fork notice, reverting to scrypt  Roll Eyes

Yea, sorry for the confusion.  I've updated the OP to reflect all of our new specifications.  I'll take a look at the websites later this evening.

For you OSX users, I know I still owe the fix.  I'll get to that soon as well.
Pages:
Jump to: