Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][SYN] SynCoin | [NO PRE-M][Auto Reward, Anti-ASIC] - page 23. (Read 60627 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
be fair relaunch not on workdays

A relaunch is not guaranteed at this point, but I've taken your suggestion into account if it does. Don't forget to vote if you haven't already.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Sorrydidnt get it just woke up... Ive set miners on http://syn.validerrorpool.com/ its not working. So is there any working pool? if not can we mine it at all, is it all good? Can you give me some guidance?

ps Fuck ups can happen so everyone chill out and lets get this thin going... Smiley
Bottom line - no need to relaunch, let's move on!

Allowing for a democratic process. The poll closes at 5PM EST today; if a majority is reached by either side that will be the decision.
On another note, I've mined about 20 SYN. Anyone need to be reimbursed? I'm giving all of mine away as it comes in until everyone is paid in full. (Must have proof, obviously).
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
be fair relaunch not on workdays
Activity: 109
Bottom line - no need to relaunch, let's move on!
I agree the coin loss isn't even an issue. I think some of us were more facepalming because here is yet another launch where someone says "i never saw a ddos coming" despite the fact every coin with interest gets them.

Also the sleeping, that got some people. I understand fatigue, I do. I get less than 20 hours of sleep a week. Still.

Best of luck.

Thanks for the support. I'll try to unfacepalm as many people as I can -- whether that's through personal reimbursement out-of-pocket, or through faster updates and generally working harder.

I'm trying my best here... I've been given plenty lemons and sure as hell am trying to find some sugar.
Activity: 616
I agree the coin loss isn't even an issue. I think some of us were more facepalming because here is yet another launch where someone says "i never saw a ddos coming" despite the fact every coin with interest gets them.

Also the sleeping, that got some people. I understand fatigue, I do. I get less than 20 hours of sleep a week. Still.

Best of luck.
How can you NOT already be prepared for a DDOS during a launch? You should EXPECT these things as it happens with every single launch!

Hey I have an idea, let's jump off a cliff. If we need parachutes, we'll know after we jump and can figure it out then.

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

Yes, let's relaunch the coin, because the "Challenger" event lastnight wasn't enough.

It's completely my fault, but on the other hand -- I was pessimistic with the launch. I saw maybe like 10, 20 people truly interested. Did NOT expect that many lurkers.

So the massive traffic + the UDP DDOS that happened last night wasn't even within the wildest of my nightmares. I guess I should've been more prepared, but now my credibility is pretty much shot (except with those on the subreddit, who have been with me since day one and know my commitment to the project).

I've spent too many hours debugging and rewriting to be hated upon so feverently for a mistake that is arguably not all my fault.
But yes, I'll take responsibility. So I'll pay any unpaid shares within 24 hours if there's substantial proof of unpaid shares for a miner.

Though I think it's important to account that this is less than 0.002 percent of the entire number of coins.

But still, a lot of people think I'm a scammer? So I guess I'm letting them have their say with this poll. If enough people lost faith in the coin, maybe a relaunch would restore it.

It's just another option, though.

Dude, you've got like 5 people saying that here ... Max Keiser had millions ... did he relaunch?  Wink

I know, but it just sucks to have lost like half the people here because ONE FUCK UP due to external factors. It's like getting ready for a wedding, and then your car dies (with a broken phone). Everyone at the wedding is wondering what the hell happened, while you're flipping shit.

I'll be honest, I am literally doing an alternation of screaming, cursing, and coding some more right now in response to the massive influx of freakouts last night.

Sometimes I wish I didn't need to sleep so I could address things immediately all the time, but alas the toll of coding for like 7 hours straight a day took its toll on me in the most inopportune time.
Activity: 616
How can you NOT already be prepared for a DDOS during a launch? You should EXPECT these things as it happens with every single launch!

Hey I have an idea, let's jump off a cliff. If we need parachutes, we'll know after we jump and can figure it out then.

Roll Eyes

Roll Eyes

Yes, let's relaunch the coin, because the "Challenger" event lastnight wasn't enough.
Activity: 363
Merit: 250

But still, a lot of people think I'm a scammer? So I guess I'm letting them have their say with this poll. If enough people lost faith in the coin, maybe a relaunch would restore it.

Dude, you've got like 5 people saying that here ... Max Keiser had millions ... did he relaunch?  Wink
Just to be clear, no shares to p2pool prior to the 6:13AM EST reboot (fix) will ever be paid out ... correct?

Only shares after the fix will be paid as I'm assuming everything before that was fubar'd and we were not actually mining anything ... or is this not the case?

I would love to hear that all of those shares I was getting from 0 minute until 1:30 hours later when I gave up will be valid.

No, the shares should be paid if the backlog was saved correctly. And I'm offering to pay any shares prior to the error if they're not paid by the pool within 24 hours. So yeah.

And if that's not enough to convince you, vote for a relaunch.
Well yeah as of now only ~5 500 coins out of 250 000 000 000 have been generated, so it's not really a big deal. Smiley

I'm putting up a poll right now to see if people want a relaunch.
and if you relaunch what is gonna be with my coins? Will I lost all coins?

A relaunch would mean everyone goes back to 0 (so any rumors that I'm somehow trying to unfairly profit would be dispelled, as I would lose my coins too). Nobody would keep any coins.

Don't do it. Even if you had the coins, it would be such a small amount it doesn't really matter.
5000 coins out of 250 billion = 0,000002%
And I doubt you have even those coins.

I have 30 kh of mining power, and the address the pool takes fees to is listed.

Activity: 363
Merit: 250
Just to be clear, no shares to p2pool prior to the 6:13AM EST reboot (fix) will ever be paid out ... correct?

Only shares after the fix will be paid as I'm assuming everything before that was fubar'd and we were not actually mining anything ... or is this not the case?

I would love to hear that all of those shares I was getting from 0 minute until 1:30 hours later when I gave up will be valid.
Activity: 83
Update: I'll be mining to reimburse anyone who isn't paid by the official pool within 24 hours. If you haven't been paid, simply PM me a screenshot of how many shares you mined, and I'll calculate how much to send you.

Thank you.
Also, please don't forget to vote in the poll.

You would have made it easier for everybody to tell right after the start the problems you were facing. Now a lot of people went away from this. Why didn't you just tell abt the problems right from the start?

Imo don't do a restart, it's not worth it considering the amount.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
Got two bloks on solo, so everything works fine
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Well yeah as of now only ~5 500 coins out of 250 000 000 000 have been generated, so it's not really a big deal. Smiley

A relaunch would mean everyone goes back to 0 (so any rumors that I'm somehow trying to unfairly profit would be dispelled, as I would lose my coins too). Nobody would keep any coins.

Don't do it. Even if you had the coins, it would be such a small amount it doesn't really matter.
5000 coins out of 250 billion = 0,000002%
And I doubt you have even those coins.
Update: I'll be mining to reimburse anyone who isn't paid by the official pool within 24 hours. If you haven't been paid, simply PM me a screenshot of how many shares you mined, and I'll calculate how much to send you.

Thank you.
Also, please don't forget to vote in the poll.
http://blocks.synco.in shows 4 of the  blocks that I found p2pool minimg for a total of 2.8 SYN. Watching to see how many of the >100 or so show up.

I think you mean shares, but yeah. Hopefully the pool clears its backlog by sometime today. If not, please vote for a relaunch.

Pages:
Jump to: