Pages:
Author

Topic: 🔥🔥🔥[ANN]Tagion - Elastic|Decentralized|Scalable - page 5. (Read 2865 times)

legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1282
Logo Designer ⛨ BSFL Division1
Question is what is more secure DAG or other DLTs?
Low volume of transactions will make it vulnerable to attacks, or they are often heavily centralized.
Decentralization has not be achieved with DAG so far.
Also none of the DAG projects so far had any significant traction and attention in the world.
Activity: 64
Merit: 15
hi dev
do you have a plan for bounty campaign ?
to spread the word about tagion
thank you

@coinswebid

We do. We are just putting the final touch on the program. We will announce it here as soon as it is ready.

thanks for your respond,, i hope i can be a part on it
because my signature space is waiting  Wink

well, will keep eye on it  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

anyway this is coin with own blockchain right? not a token?

-

Yes, we are building everything from scratch. You name it, we build it Wink
To increase speed, throughput etc. we are building on our own hashgraph, our own database etc. And to ensure the network becomes a common we also developed the governance model.

Principles from Elinor Orstrom and with thoughts going in this direction.
https://forum.tagion.org/t/tagion-governance-1-1/41/2

Tagion FAQ #6

What is a Directed Acyclic Graph?

The Directed Acyclic Graph (DAG) DLT is a solution that offers the benefits of blockchain with better performance.

The idea of a Directed Acyclic Graph is by no means a new one. In mathematics, a DAG is a graph that travels in one direction without cycles connecting the other edges. This means that it is impossible to traverse the entire graph starting at one edge. The edges of the directed graph only go one way. The graph is a topological ordering, that keeps each track of each node. Imagine a collection of individual transactions where each transaction is linked to at least one other transaction in the following way:

Directed

The links point in the same direction with earlier transactions linked to later transactions, and so on.

Acyclic
Loops are not possible. A transaction cannot loop back on itself after linking to another transaction.

Graph

The mesh of connected transactions can be represented as nodes in a graph network, in which nodes are joined to each other by links.

FAQ post:https://forum.tagion.org/t/tagion-faq/81/7 and join our Telegram Chat: https://t.me/tagionChat

#Tagion FAQ #7

How is a #DAG different from other #DLTs (distributed ledger technologies)?

Practical differences between a DAG and a DLT typically include greater scalability and lower transaction fees for a DAG. They offer much higher validation speeds. In fact, whereas #Bitcoin-style blockchain slows down as traffic increases.

A blockchain is a long list of blocks, so in order to find the last transaction, you need to search backward through the whole block (this is time-consuming). To minimize this issue, a #database searches for the unspent output from bitcoin transactions (UTXO) instead.

There is no #mining on DAGs and therefore no need to incentivize miners through mining reward systems and thus, no need to charge users high transaction fees. No mining also means no mining equipment, the sort that you’ve undoubtedly heard uses more energy than entire nations.

With little or no transaction fees, DAGs can be used in situations where blockchain would not be feasible. A prime example is micro or nano-transactions between devices and sensors. DAGs however often contain a fee to reduce spam and to control the supply of money.

Find more FAQs post:https://[Suspicious link removed]/eTqASVZ and join our Telegram Chat: https://t.me/tagionChat
#faq #altcoin #crypto #altcoins #telegramchat #forum

[moderator's note: consecutive posts merged]
copper member
Activity: 2156
Merit: 983
Part of AOBT - English Translator to Indonesia
hi dev
thank you

@coinswebid

We do. We are just putting the final touch on the program. We will announce it here as soon as it is ready.

well, will keep eye on it  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

anyway this is coin with own blockchain right? not a token?
@republicrypto

Great to have you watching. Hope to make you get involved soon as well Wink

Tagion FAQ #5

What is a shard?

A database shard is a horizontal partition of data in a database or search engine. Each individual partition is referred to as a shard or database shard. Each shard is held on a separate file system to spread the load.
Tagion’s database, DART, supports sharding on a single DART where the DART is divided between nodes in the network. This means that only a fraction of the data is stored in a node’s local file system.
One of the examples is having a sub-DART for a video game, so that in-game transactions don’t stall the main network - and ensures the data as it is only the owner of the data that can modify or erase it. This is not the case for a torrent file system.

Some data within a database remains present in all shards, but some appear only in a single shard. Each shard (or server) acts as the single source for this subset of data. A node always has a copy of the data to secure data in case a node is lost. It also improves the load speed because you can load data from several nodes at once. It also reduces distributed denial-of-service (DDoS).

FAQ post:https://forum.tagion.org/t/tagion-faq/81/7 and join our Telegram Chat: https://t.me/tagionChat

Activity: 1414
Merit: 252
Keep it Simple guys :)
I am sure this will benefit a lot of people. Hopefully, in the looooong run, it can even play a part in bringing the money power back to the people.

/tobias

nice hope
and i believe your hope will become true if you and your team seriously develop this project
i will watching this project too  Wink
regards
I am sure this will benefit a lot of people. Hopefully, in the looooong run, it can even play a part in bringing the money power back to the people.

/tobias
Activity: 773
Merit: 101
Soil.co - Earn USDT/USDC
Thanks! Happy to have you watching - and maybe one day joining, who knows Wink

Let's watch and see what can benefit many people here. it's time to find out about that. Hopefully change something new.
Thanks! Happy to have you watching - and maybe one day joining, who knows Wink

Tagion FAQ #1

Who governs #tagion?

The users of the system by a reputational trust score model and Proof of Community model. More, we are trying to extend the governance model to reward all actors in the model, which could be divided into four main categories:

• Sense-makers: core concept developers
• Value-makers: programmers and nodes
• Relation makers: evangelists and services on top
• Decision-makers: core developers and node operators

See more FAQs on www.tagion.org and join our Telegram Group: @TagionChat

Tagion FAQ #2

What is DART (Distributed Archive of Random Transactions)?
DART is built to store and keep track of transactions in the Tagion network. The database efficiently handles the removal and addition of transactions in a secure and distributed manner.

Why is DART better than Legacy or other distributed databases?

In comparison to other distributed ledger technologies, DART is optimized for token transfers. It creates cryptographic bills which makes it extremely efficient for searching, reading and storing. It also contains a fingerprint for the state of the database, another feature that is missing in classic distributed hash tables.

See more FAQs on www.tagion.org and join our Telegram Chat: @tagionChat

Tagion FAQ #3

What is HTLC (Hash Time Locked Contract)?
A Hashed Timelock Contract (HTLC) is a type of smart contract used in cryptocurrency channels to eliminate counterparty risk. It enables the implementation of time-bound transactions.
In practical terms, this means that recipients of a transaction have to acknowledge payment by generating cryptographic proof within a certain timeframe. Otherwise, the transaction does not take place.

See more FAQs on www.tagion.org and join our Telegram Chat: https://t.me/tagionChat

Tagion FAQ #4

Does Tagion have a DEX?
Yes - soon. Pay with anything anywhere. Tagion DEX is an open protocol that enables a trustless exchange of any digital currency that supports HTLC (Hash Time Locked Contract). Thanks to the fair ordering of transactions enabled by Hashgraph, Tagion DEX also provides automatic ‘on-chain’ pair matching.
Once completed, Tagion’s DEX will be able to seamlessly exchange between all common crypto and FIAT currencies (semi-decentralized). Read more in the White Paper.

#faq #altcoin #crypto #altcoins #telegramchat #forum

Activity: 122
Merit: 1
Interesting project and concept #PoC

Will follow the progress
Hi @Dinhvinhson

Great to hear. We are not pursuing an ICO so, the easiest way to get Tagion is part take in the soon to be released bounty hunt. We are testing the final features to make sure the program is as good as possible before we launch. 

Stay tuned for more information here or join our Telegram Group: @TagionChat - the entire team is there and can provide more information.
You can also join forum.tagion.org and become an active part in the project Wink

/tobias

Activity: 54
Merit: 3
I want to own Tagion token. What should I do?
We will make sure to keep you posted!
Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
hi dev
thank you

@coinswebid

Activity: 1
Merit: 1
Team may stand behind but it doesnt change the fact that Hedera Hashgraph algo u stole from Zilliqua wont cut it. It wont make it unique. It is the year 2020 when more than algo is required to rear a coin into a high-usage grown network. I guarantee that in a month the team will be bent backwards to me as I set up conditions of my involvement into Dumbgion project.

I have been one of the founders of the project and developer. @PAMPT, I am not sure I get your points, and your claims are false.

1. When you write Hedera Hashgraph, we need to distinguish the math proof Hashgraph from Hedera's implementation of Hashgraph, Hedera Hashgraph (which is closed source). We did implement a Tagion Hashgraph algorithm using the Hashgraph math proof, and we have another gossip and sorting mechanism as well. (We had a Tagion Hashgraph test network running december 2018 to summer 2019, where you could see the network live running on 6 nodes.) I can elaborate further on patents if that would be of interest. I don't know the Zilliqua project, but why would you say we have stolen from them? I just checked their repo on GIT, it is written in C++, all our code is written in D Lang and some C lib. More, you can see that we did not do any forks of the https://github.com/Zilliqa/Zilliqa/network/members.

2. I agree you need more than one algorithm to make a viable proposition to challenge the current financial industry's organisation/infrastructure. That is WHY we created Tagion. We have been developing the project for soon 3 years and ready with the full alpha network soon, so I don't think a month would change much for us, why would you think that?
Activity: 7
Merit: 10
Team may stand behind but it doesnt change the fact that Hedera Hashgraph algo u stole from Zilliqua wont cut it. It wont make it unique. It is the year 2020 when more than algo is required to rear a coin into a high-usage grown network. I guarantee that in a month the team will be bent backwards to me as I set up conditions of my involvement into Dumbgion project.

Patents differentiate between one another regarding claims, and the commercial product application.

You cannot patent science and mathematical protocols. You can patent a method that uses the science or the mathematical protocol in the product (see Hedera).

The claim can be for example a method for a distributed database to reach consensus based on an implementation of the Hashgraph mathematical proof and a proof of stake system. A distributed database reaching consensus with proof of stake built into the method.
It is the method for reaching consensus in the database, the database system, which is patented and not the mathematical proof, which we have implemented in our own context (Tagion), with our own gossip mechanism, virtual voting, a trust layer, and our own database system. The DART (database system) is patented in our case.
We have an open system, not permissioned, and a different governance mechanism, based on Trust and Community and not proof of stake. Our governance is not coupled directly to the method for reaching consensus in the database.

Cheers.
@pampt

True that - hashgraph is not an unique feature in it self. But combined with our DART (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mVJrR7HGKqU&t) and the principles of the consensus mechanism (https://forum.tagion.org/t/proof-of-community/78) we have a very unique basis for building a new monetary system.

/tobias
Activity: 237
Merit: 10
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
@CaVO32

Our CTO and the development team is in Kiev, so this gives us an opportunity to find use cases for our network there. It's easier because the team is on the ground. We can also try in Denmark, once our technology is more mature.

The focus right now is to launch the alpha network, the wallet, and open-sourcing gradually the tech stack so developers can work with it.

We have seen more openness from Ukraine as a developing country. Keep in mind that they have just regulated crypto, and the financial system there is dealing with heavy financial monitoring by the state.

You can read more about it here - what financial monitoring implies, and what they expect of Ukrainian citizens transacting fiat and crypto:
https://link.medium.com/5XEdL68R46

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
@Bitstar_coin

Tagion network - 20,000 throughput per sec   -   visa 65,000 throughput per sec (that is a huge gap) which if this two options are available in a payment point I would immediately go for visa, so how does Tagion intends to meet up with such challenges?

Thanks for the kind words about the project.

In theory, our network can be at least on par with Visa regarding speed once the network is fully up and running. Just - we have not tested it in real life yet Wink

We like to stick to facts - as they are right now - and not how they will be in a few years. Rather underpromise and overdeliver than visa versa Wink

Activity: 2408
Merit: 693
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
When you say banking system, are you saying Tagion will provide all the functions of banking systems in a decentralized way? This is very interesting to know although I think it will be very difficult to achieve, how do you intend to implement this and do you hope to open a bank, I still don't fully understand what it is that Tagion do,

And can you elaborate more on this statement "There will be no pegging to other currencies" if not pegged to any currency, how do you determine it's value?  And should I include your white paper is one of the most technical I have seen so far.

We have run tests for the Tagion network and saw that we can achieve 20,000 throughputs per second, at a speed of 3-5 seconds.

The Visa network achieves max 65,000 throughputs per second, at speed of 1-3 seconds.

You may think, well, if Visa is faster, who would use Tagion? Payment as a Service and Banking as a Service is on the rise. Think Alipay, WeChatPay, Revolut etc.

There will be more players coming in. These players will want alternatives for payment networks, not just Visa and Mastercard. Perhaps they will not want to have 8 intermediates between payments like Apple Pay has.

You can achieve true pseudonymity, no exploitation of personal data, no rollback of transactions. It's an alternative to the old financial system, at the very least.

If you'd like to discuss privacy, ethics, and payments, our team is active on our Telegram Chat @tagionchat and happy to provide more information.

"No pegging to other currencies" means we won't be backing our Tagion currency the way Stablecoins are backed (euro, dollar, precious metals, a basket of currencies, crypto collateral). We achieve stability in time, algorithmically.

On forum.tagion.org we would love to add intelligent participants like your self ...

Let first say interesting question and interesting answer
Tagion network - 20,000 throughput per sec   -   visa 65,000 throughput per sec (that is a huge gap) which if this two options are available in a payment point I would immediately go for visa, so how does Tagion intends to meet up with such challenges? Like you said, more players will be coming and at the end it will all boils down to who has the best service,

An alternative to the old financial system should be a able to top the game, visa is in this category and in terms of true pseudonymity, anonymity this is a disadvantage but when you talk about speed, it still out perform the alternative, I think there should a complete take over of the old financial system not just some part.
Pages:
Jump to: