Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TES] ϟ The Tesla ϟ Decentralize the Energy System ϟ TeslaStarter - page 76. (Read 84571 times)

Activity: 356
Merit: 250
Copied from https://github.com/TentacleMan/teslacoin-tman/blob/master/doc/readme-qt.rst

Berkeley DB version warning

A warning for people using the static binary version of Bitcoin on a Linux/UNIX-ish system (tl;dr: Berkeley DB databases are not forward compatible).

The static binary version of Bitcoin is linked against libdb4.8 (see also this Debian issue).

Now the nasty thing is that databases from 5.X are not compatible with 4.X.

If the globally installed development package of Berkeley DB installed on your system is 5.X, any source you build yourself will be linked against that. The first time you run with a 5.X version the database will be upgraded, and 4.X cannot open the new format. This means that you cannot go back to the old statically linked version without significant hassle!
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
INSERT COIN
Ok I've successfully installed Teslacoin on a VM running Ubuntu 16, also done a node for you located at 89.38.147.79 I'm downloading Ubuntu mate 16 for ARM (Raspberry pi3) so i'll have a look at that tomorrow.

Thanks for the node!! Smiley

How is it going?  

Well i gave it my best shot yesterday and failed  Sad  i don't think it's possible to run on ARM PI3 doesn't that have a new kernel? maybe if you updated to QT-5 it would work. i was getting database errors msse3.

I have successfully compiled the headless Teslacoind wallet for my Raspberry Pi 1 (there is no use compiling the Qt wallet, there is not enough RAM on it) and are in the process of syncing. Seems to be working. I forked the source code on Github to my own repisitory and made some changes described here for BottleCaps: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=241445.3280

Perhaps it will work on RP3 too? I have not been able to emulate a RP3 yet but perhaps someone that have a real one can clone my repo and try?

https://github.com/TentacleMan/teslacoin-tman

Then build the daemon with the custom makefile I prepared:
Code:
cd teslacoin-tman/src
make -f makefile.arm-linux

The cpu's differ between RP1 and RP3 and there is some assembler scrypt code in there that I'm not sure is compatible but it's worth a shot.

I won't be able to keep my own node up 24/7 unfortunately due to my flakey internet connection...

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1025
Is that Tesla from the cars?

This coin has not been created by Tesla Motors.

That doesnt mean it wont be related to Tesla Motors. Because... IT WILL BE!!!  Wink

But do not invest in TES thinking you are buying Tesla Motors Stocks...  Cheesy
legendary
i have left the wallet open for 2 DAYS  and did not sync..still around block 600k

use the bootstrap....

ed: Do you know what should do with it or we should make a little tutorial?
not trollng, just asking.
we need to make this available for everyone...

do you even have some active nodes? my wallet only findes 3

you should find more, but anyway working on having more nodes 24/7.

this is a interesting project....will be watching and even hope that my wallet  will sync.... eventualy  Grin

use the bootstrap  Wink

Activity: 223
Merit: 101

What do you think the price would be, if it would be connected with Tesla Motors already? But the aim among other goals is cooperation with them. One step at a time ... As far as I'm concerned Elon Musk could be a silent holder of a portion of TES already, he is a technology freak after all and a cofounder of PayPal.

A lot depends on the community, if we are loud and persistent enough, anything is possible.
Activity: 994
Merit: 504
yup..one of them is actualy elon musk ...trolling you dude Grin
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
even put some hash power into your pool  Angry
i have left the wallet open for 2 DAYS  and did not sync..still around block 600k
legendary
Ok I've successfully installed Teslacoin on a VM running Ubuntu 16, also done a node for you located at 89.38.147.79 I'm downloading Ubuntu mate 16 for ARM (Raspberry pi3) so i'll have a look at that tomorrow.

How is it going? 

Well i gave it my best shot yesterday and failed  Sad  i don't think it's possible to run on ARM PI3 doesn't that have a new kernel? maybe if you updated to QT-5 it would work. i was getting database errors msse3.

Sad

Thanks for trying it!

We'll discuss that inside the team to give a priority cos seems quite urgent...

Would you like to help on that?

How is it going? 

Well i gave it my best shot yesterday and failed  Sad  i don't think it's possible to run on ARM PI3 doesn't that have a new kernel? maybe if you updated to QT-5 it would work. i was getting database errors msse3.
legendary

How is it going? 

Hello, I don't own any TES but let me see if i can build a wallet on my Raspberry pi3, i have already built a Tubecoin wallet and its been staking for a few months now without any problems.

If my TES wallet successfully works i'll post the instructions on here. Any bounty for this?

Hi!

It would be great if you could build a RP3 capable wallet since I don't own such a system myself and would have to emulate it on a PC to build one. It's critical to have a wallet on the Pi to get more nodes up and avoid show-stopping forks. Others have offered 60000 TES (see above in the thread) as a bounty for this and I can chip in 5000 myself. Let's see who can do it first, shall we? Smiley

Ok so far i've not been able to build this coin on a Raspberry Pi3, I'll try later on tonight on a Ubuntu 14 server, can't do it now coz i'm busy. Family stuff! but i'll look later tonight.

The bounty is 60k TES for Wallet compilation for Ubuntu Mate for Raspberry 2/3

Now, 65k TES  Wink

https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/

Bounties

- Wallet compilation for Ubuntu Mate for Raspberry 2/3 (60k TES)
- Tranlation to Indian  (5k TES)
- Tranlation to Spanish  (5k TES)
- Tranlation to French  (5k TES)
- Translations (5k TES)

legendary

Hello, I don't own any TES but let me see if i can build a wallet on my Raspberry pi3, i have already built a Tubecoin wallet and its been staking for a few months now without any problems.

If my TES wallet successfully works i'll post the instructions on here. Any bounty for this?

Hi!

It would be great if you could build a RP3 capable wallet since I don't own such a system myself and would have to emulate it on a PC to build one. It's critical to have a wallet on the Pi to get more nodes up and avoid show-stopping forks. Others have offered 60000 TES (see above in the thread) as a bounty for this and I can chip in 5000 myself. Let's see who can do it first, shall we? Smiley

Ok so far i've not been able to build this coin on a Raspberry Pi3, I'll try later on tonight on a Ubuntu 14 server, can't do it now coz i'm busy. Family stuff! but i'll look later tonight.

The bounty is 60k TES for Wallet compilation for Ubuntu Mate for Raspberry 2/3

Now, 65k TES  Wink

https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/

Bounties

- Wallet compilation for Ubuntu Mate for Raspberry 2/3 (60k TES)
- Tranlation to Indian  (5k TES)
- Tranlation to Spanish  (5k TES)
- Tranlation to French  (5k TES)
- Translations (5k TES)
legendary

you should find more, but anyway working on having more nodes 24/7.

this is a interesting project....will be watching and even hope that my wallet  will sync.... eventualy  Grin

use the bootstrap  Wink

Is there a dev on this project still?  We have an issue with our wallet we need help with.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Hi Richie,

Yes, there is dev.

We were building the final team during these week and it's ready to go!

As TentacleMan has said for network issues you can contact him or renbit.

I know we are having issues due to the low number of nodes and being Yobit in a fork.

We are bounting (60kTES) for a raspberry wallet so we can put some nodes and solve this asap.

Sorry for the problems, hope we can solve them soon.

Rw

Hi!

this is a interesting project....will be watching and even hope that my wallet  will sync.... eventualy  Grin
Activity: 128
Merit: 100
INSERT COIN
Is there a dev on this project still?  We have an issue with our wallet we need help with.

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Hi Richie,

Yes, there is dev.

I know we are having issues due to the low number of nodes and being Yobit in a fork.

We are bounting (60kTES) for a raspberry wallet so we can put some nodes and solve this asap.

Rw

Hi!

thanks,
richie@bittrex

Hi Richie,

Yes, there is dev.

Rw

Pages:
Jump to: