Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 17. (Read 424118 times)

Activity: 146
Merit: 100
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
Hi Multipool.us admins,

I have a strange problem.
First of all, I'm mining on Dogecoins.
So I use the following URL: stratum+tcp://eu2.multipool.us:3352 .
But almost every minute I get a line in my cgminer with this text:

Stratum connection to pool 0 interrupted

Do I need to worry about this line everytime, or can I ignore it?
Hope to hear something soon.

Greetings, Rik
Activity: 9
I would reply in the cryptocoin talk thread, but that forum won't let me post.  Registered, logged in (I can see my name at the top of the screen), but can't post, can't reply, can't start a new thread.  Sigh.

Anyways, just wondering if something is up with DOGE? No deposits going through to Cryptsy and no change in my pool balance even though I'm hashing at 2Mhash/s.
I am hashing at 2M/s on Doge too and not having any issues.  Been getting coins all day.  I have my auto withdraws going to my Doge wallet though.  Just had one go through to my wallet an hour ago.  If you are not getting credit to your pool balance, then it is something specific to you it seems.

Cryptsy has a lot of reports about taking a very long time to register deposits (sometimes days).  Odds are it is on their end.
Activity: 910
Merit: 501
I would reply in the cryptocoin talk thread, but that forum won't let me post.  Registered, logged in (I can see my name at the top of the screen), but can't post, can't reply, can't start a new thread.  Sigh.

Anyways, just wondering if something is up with DOGE? No deposits going through to Cryptsy and no change in my pool balance even though I'm hashing at 2Mhash/s.
Activity: 1
Hi, flound i cash out my moon coin it's finished. But my moon wallet not show anything.
It lost right? How should i do?
Activity: 6
Is there any option or is there any way to change my email I registered with on multipool.us?
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
PPC did something weird! I still have well over a million shares on this epic 600 hour no blocks found marathon but the estimation shows 0... Why would it do this to me?

That's a good thing. Our shares will sit there until a block is found. The estimates probably got zeroed during the database rebuild and may not reappear until a block is found. Is this an estimate for PPC:

107 coin reward x 1,000,000 your shares/352,952,962 round shares = 0.30 PPC

https://www.multipool.us/stats.php?curr=ppc

MY FORTUNE!!! lols. thanks for the info flound.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
What is the minimum automatic payout for dogecoin?
Tnx.

Check homepage of site, has info on left.
Activity: 179
Merit: 10
What is the minimum automatic payout for dogecoin?
Tnx.
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
...Bitcointalk is going to be eliminating Alt Crypto forums soon enough.

DAMN those BitCoin bigots  Angry
Activity: 527
Merit: 500
HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing
Effective immediately, this thread is no longer considered an official support area for Multipool.  I will check it as time allows, but it's looking like Bitcointalk is going to be eliminating Alt Crypto forums soon enough.

I suggest everyone register on Cryptocointalk.com and use the new Multipool forum for support issues:

https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/660-multipoolus/

Thanks,

--Flound

Waiting on my confirmation from them.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1035
it's looking like Bitcointalk is going to be eliminating Alt Crypto forums soon enough

Seriously? Huh

Anyway, thanks for the pointer, will follow things there.
Activity: 938
www.multipool.us
Effective immediately, this thread is no longer considered an official support area for Multipool.  I will check it as time allows, but it's looking like Bitcointalk is going to be eliminating Alt Crypto forums soon enough.

I suggest everyone register on Cryptocointalk.com and use the new Multipool forum for support issues:

https://cryptocointalk.com/forum/660-multipoolus/

Thanks,

--Flound
Activity: 30
I have been a security analyst for the past decade and crypto mining botnets are really all over the place these days, I find it highly likely with speeds like that with that much fluctuation this is very likely a botnet. Many CryptoCoin Mining malware and botnets have moved away from BTC and towards scrypt mining alt coins and more recently cpu PoW generated coins like XPM, ProtoShares and basically anything with a high value in BTC. Its a lot less noticeable to have 10 thousand or more machines using their CPU's for scrypt mining coins like DOGE or CPU mining other non scrypt coins compared to the GPU based BTC miners found in some of the older bots.(not to mention when spreading GPU mining botnets the infection campaigns need to target a specific user base, typically gamers with top of the line GFX cards). I really wish their was an easy way to fight these botnets but alas not many pool operators seem to care and those whom I have worked with to block the botnets usually felt the repercussions afterwards with DDoS attempts.

If anyone out there in the security field has any ideas or is working on any projects for detecting botnets compared to miners who are actually utilizing equipment they own I would love to hear about it.

Did anyone notice the top miner in Doge stats of multipool.us?
The user  name shows up as rwisozk.

Yesterday he was mining at 825,000 KH/s and today jumped to 1,250,000 KH/s (now it dropped to 979,901 KH/s)
That's crazy, he needs to invest about $1,000,000 in equipment to mine at those rates or it is a botnet or something.

his hash rates are equal to next top 10 users combined. I think it is just increasing the difficulty for all the rest of the miners.

At very least it should be investigated and made sure it's a legit operation.

much love
detro

p.s Also much love to multipool <3 , Let me know if you are interested in detecting botnets hitting your pool as I recently found the URL for your pool posted in a thread on a Russian Botnet Forum as a "safe places to mine".

I can assume you've seen both https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/bitcoin-mining-by-botnets-updated-paper-link-377970 and http://www.alienvault.com/open-threat-exchange/blog/how-cybercriminals-are-exploiting-bitcoin-and-other-virtual-currencies (and a ton more by googling "ltc botnet 2014")
www.multipool.us
PPC did something weird! I still have well over a million shares on this epic 600 hour no blocks found marathon but the estimation shows 0... Why would it do this to me?

That's a good thing. Our shares will sit there until a block is found. The estimates probably got zeroed during the database rebuild and may not reappear until a block is found. Is this an estimate for PPC:

Actually, the problem was that the ppcoind that the estimates job uses had crashed..  Estimates should be correct for PPC again soon.
dfgfdgfdg

dfgfdgfdg
A few days ago you send me a payment of 1.1 ZET but it has never arrived on my cryptsy account..
TXID: c3a4c52aebcb2031b7c10894ff6a172e6b981f0517677546feeafa350de1cd49
Wallet: ZVL2DJthC4nuE7Rsuvs82gnNaFW8fRnBHX

Do i still have to wait or are the ZET payment postponed?
~ Luc

If you you got a TXID number then the payment went out. Your problem is at Cryspy. You should submit a support ticket and include TXID, date and amount and they'll find it and credit your account. For awhile Vern had an audit request button but I haven't seen that lately.
www.multipool.us
I have been a security analyst for the past decade and crypto mining botnets are really all over the place these days, I find it highly likely with speeds like that with that much fluctuation this is very likely a botnet. Many CryptoCoin Mining malware and botnets have moved away from BTC and towards scrypt mining alt coins and more recently cpu PoW generated coins like XPM, ProtoShares and basically anything with a high value in BTC. Its a lot less noticeable to have 10 thousand or more machines using their CPU's for scrypt mining coins like DOGE or CPU mining other non scrypt coins compared to the GPU based BTC miners found in some of the older bots.(not to mention when spreading GPU mining botnets the infection campaigns need to target a specific user base, typically gamers with top of the line GFX cards). I really wish their was an easy way to fight these botnets but alas not many pool operators seem to care and those whom I have worked with to block the botnets usually felt the repercussions afterwards with DDoS attempts.

If anyone out there in the security field has any ideas or is working on any projects for detecting botnets compared to miners who are actually utilizing equipment they own I would love to hear about it.

Yesterday he was mining at 825,000 KH/s and today jumped to 1,250,000 KH/s (now it dropped to 979,901 KH/s)
That's crazy, he needs to invest about $1,000,000 in equipment to mine at those rates or it is a botnet or something.

his hash rates are equal to next top 10 users combined. I think it is just increasing the difficulty for all the rest of the miners.

much love
detro

p.s Also much love to multipool <3 , Let me know if you are interested in detecting botnets hitting your pool as I recently found the URL for your pool posted in a thread on a Russian Botnet Forum as a "safe places to mine".

sure, email me please.
Activity: 45

much love
detro

www.multipool.us
Average block reward over the past 24 hours is only ~453k, I believe this is because middlecoin switches block to block and only mines the higher reward blocks, but I could be wrong.
I haven't read into DOGE that much, so maybe someone can just clarify this. The block reward is random, but is the block reward set at the time the block is found (so "truly random") or is it possible to predict the block reward? (Only then it middlecoin could do what you suggested.)

It's not necessary to predict..  It's available for anyone to see.  The reward for the current block is generated when the previous block was found.  It's available by getting the 'coinbasevalue' from the current block template

i.e.

Code:
dogecoind getblocktemplate | grep coinbasevalue

The value is in satoshis.
Pages:
Jump to: