Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 215. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Payouts got stuck for all coins sometime overnight.. They are currently running now.

can confirm its working now
and what abou this?

EU multiport was stuck on NVC, this has been fixed.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
received payments for wdc, arg & DGC, FTC balance is also updating, thanks for the fix Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
Payouts got stuck for all coins sometime overnight.. They are currently running now.

can confirm its working now
and what abou this?
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
This debate is awesome. I've just gone down the shop and bought some coke and popcorn (bought with the extra revenue from my dirty, multipool-induced coin hopping deeds) and am sitting down and enjoying the show....

Without seeming ungrateful for all his hard work, all Flound has done is saved everyone the hassle of spending an hour or two configuring cryptoswitcher. All cryptoswitcher has done is stopped someone needing to sit in front of their rig 24/7 and switching to whichever coin coinchoose.com says is the best right now. All coinchoose has done is stop someone needing to keep manually checking difficulties all the time. And so on.

Get over it kids. If developers want a coin resistant to hopping, develop a better coin.

They will develop a better coin because most devs are also miners. (wink, wink)

Or they could simply stop the coin from being listed on Coinchoose Coinrape.

Why are you so concerned for the pool operator and not the devs and, most importantly of all, the early adopters ?

We are the ones who made them appear on exchanges. NOT YOU.

HT xD

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
legendary
Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005
same here,
and now, when it switch from DGC to NVC is showing, now we currently mining FTC, lol.
found this pool just today, i see that other users have same issue, so i hope im not doing anything wrong.
responsible ops should tell what is happening at the moment.
legendary
LTC WDC NVC and other too

I can confirm this. No scrypt currency balances update, ftc has the issue aswell
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
dfgfdgfdg
Use the AutoPayOut, it works great for me. Just wait for the next 30 minute cycle and everything confirmed above your threshold gets paid.
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
LTC WDC NVC and other too
legendary
Shares are counted but no unconfirmed earnings for dgc and arg blocks .
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Digicoin not paying out for blocks.
Activity: 356
Nothing paid.
"Another payout is currently in progress, try again in a minute."
ARG blocks are not paid too
Why dont pat LTC and DGC blocks
Activity: 57
Nice pool and I have my first coins in my accounts  Grin

But I have a problem to withdraw them to cryptsy, I tried with Luckycoin . I entered my Cryptsy LKC adress in my account and pressed "Cash Out".

Message is: "Another payout is currently in progress, try again in a minute."

That's it for 20 minutes now  Wink
Activity: 238
The fact people are already coin hoping is no reason to give them a completely hands off way of doing it, and doesn't magically absolve you from being part of the problem.   Its not the coin devs that don't like it, its the people mining the coin the 99% of the time its not top of coinchoose (presumably because they believe the coin has merit). Your pool hops on, owns the network for 20-30min until diff adjusts, then hops off, leaving the actual coin supporters left with another grind at a higher than required difficulty.  Remember what happened to FTC, and being stuck on a ridiculously high diff?  Your doing similar, on purpose, on an almost daily basis.  Thankfully most coins adjust at an appropriate rate to not require hard forks these days, but it doesn't mean the affect isn't felt.  

The FTC developers addressed the problem and it is now not a problem for that coin anymore.  It's not my or my miners' fault if other coins, even with the benefit of prior knowledge of what happened to FTC's, continue to build copycat coins from LTC source without tweaking anything to avoid this.

I'd also like to note that 'coin jumping' wouldn't be as much of a problem if coin devs built an organic base of supporters rather than bribing exchanges to add their coin as the first thing they do.

As I mentioned, generally at least coins these days are built so as not to require a hard fork like in FTC's case, but it doesn't mean the affect isn't felt by every other miner mining the coin outside of coinchooses 30min window of profitability.  

Coin jumping also wouldn't be as much of a problem if your pool and its hundreds of Mh/s didn't hop around on purpose, automatically, every single day.  Yah there are individual programs out there (as someone previously linked), but even that is on a per miner level (and in one case doesn't actually appear to automate any switching based on another websites data), its just for when a person decides to mine a new coin.  

All these coins your railing on for having no real support, or bribing exchanges, or not building a userbase ect. would probably be dead by now if not for coin hoping, at which point you'd then see not all the coins are in this same boat.  Some would survive just fine.

They'll be dead when there are no more BTC offers for them on cryptsy and not a minute sooner.  Neither I nor my pool create rubes willing to buy a coin.  You can thank the shitcoin marketing services for that.

Your starting a dangerous race to the bottom, where no one actually cares about anything but a profitability number on a website, that is likely out of date by the time they have said coins anyways.   Building a community, infrastructure, a strong base, people hopping coins on a daily basis aren't contributing to any of that...so...what are they contributing to then? What are you?

Miners are looking to pay their electric bills and make money on top of that.  If you expect them to act in a selfless way you are dreaming.  If you expect people in this community not to take advantage of a weakness in coin design to profit then you are also dreaming.

I am providing a service that people want.  If miners didn't care about profit there would be no multipool, there'd be no coinchoose, there'd be no cryptsy, and for that matter there'd be no argentum, or bitcoin or litecoin either.

Adapt or die.

I would like to add my 2 cents.

At first I thought multipool was a bad idea for the alt coin community but it actually has an extremely useful purpose in the development of highly resilient coins.

Take BTC for example - now the network is more centralised than ever it only requires a couple of the large mining pools to go offline at the same time and then  transaction confirmation times are going to increase massively. BTC is extremely bad at adjusting to sudden violent swings in network hashrate.

What might be spawned from all this may in fact be the future of truly resilient crypto currencies.

The law of unintended consequences!
Activity: 108
Merit: 10
Free Dog to good home
I've been so inspired by this debate I brought in 6 more gig. GO MULTIPORT!!!

Now if I could just get my 5970s to mine scrypt I'd add 4 more  Grin

You need 4 alligator clips with some 12ga wires.. attach 2 to PSU out 12V and other ends to your nipples. On 3, hit switch. Magic Scrypt!

T.
dfgfdgfdg
I've been so inspired by this debate I brought in 6 more gig. GO MULTIPORT!!!

Now if I could just get my 5970s to mine scrypt I'd add 4 more  Grin
dfgfdgfdg
"...scrypted asics hit the scene.... as if it hasn't happened already."
HT xD

Do share, who is selling ASICs for scrypt???
Jump to: