Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 218. (Read 424232 times)

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1001
All cryptos are FIAT digital currency. Do not use.
I am curious what the theory is behind after I get the coins, is it more profitable to sell them as soon as I acquire them or hold on to them?

On one hand, you can make sure that you get the profits from whatever coin your mining if you sell right away, but on the other, waiting can allow the value to increase or also decrease and the coin can die.  I was just wondering if anyone else had any insight or theory about holding vs selling right away.

Pools like this one should be avoided or banned because they are a kick in the face to the early adopters/ supporters of the coins targeted.

This also creates alot of extra work trying to sell alts that no one, besides the exchange bots, will want to buy. By the time your coins will have confirmed, the well timed pump will have long been dumped and the miner will make a fraction of what was expected.

HT xD

Activity: 456
Merit: 250
I am curious what the theory is behind after I get the coins, is it more profitable to sell them as soon as I acquire them or hold on to them?

On one hand, you can make sure that you get the profits from whatever coin your mining if you sell right away, but on the other, waiting can allow the value to increase or also decrease and the coin can die.  I was just wondering if anyone else had any insight or theory about holding vs selling right away.

I think it depends on how much risk you want to take. If a coin is currently profitable compared to Bitcoin, and you sell right away (preferably before the coin becomes unprofitable!), you'll make some profit (again, profit vs. Bitcoin, not necessarily profit against your electricity costs, hardware, etc). So that's not too risky. If you hold the coins, you assume more risk because their price is bound to fluctuate, but you could make a bigger profit than if you sold immediately. So overall I think selling immediately is low risk but possibly low return, and holding is high risk but possibly much higher return (or a big loss). Personally, based on my observations of how altcoin prices fluctuate, I would sell immediately.

What we really need, as flound mentioned at one point, is a sellbot that will monitor exchanges and sell the coins you mine on the multiport as soon as they arrive!
legendary
Activity: 2800
Merit: 1012
Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

On one hand, you can make sure that you get the profits from whatever coin your mining if you sell right away, but on the other, waiting can allow the value to increase or also decrease and the coin can die.  I was just wondering if anyone else had any insight or theory about holding vs selling right away.
erk
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
I think the direct mining ports for LKY, ARG, and PXC should be re-enabled. When the pool is not on those coins there is no way to redeem the round shares you have accumulated for them as no blocks are being found.

Blocks are found so fast when the multiport is on those coins that your shares will have been paid out several times before the multiport moves off.  Mining more will also not prevent your old shares from falling off.  There's really no reason to include shares from a previous multiport mining session in the next session, with these fast coins.

(yeah I said I wasn't going to be here today..  see how well that worked out)

Understood, but it's hurting the coins in particular ARG, whose net has has fallen to only 10.64 Mh/s because the difficulty got high after the pool switched. There needs to be a more consistent hash rate for coins like that until they can stand on their own.

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
I upped the connection timeout on the load balancer to 20 minutes (it was set to 30 seconds) about a half a hour ago.

Can you let me know if things have gotten any better?
Activity: 441
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!
All my 7970s are mining MultiPort and my rejection rates are 0.39% or lower. Great job!!!

But, I can't get my 5970s to mine scrypt to save my life. I pointed them to TRC but all I get are stratum disconnects. Any suggestions on how to mine TRC with 5970s would be greatly appreciated. TIA
My batch file:
cgminer.exe -c MultiPool_Miner_2_TRC.conf
pause
exit

There are some issues right now on the TRC pool..  I haven't tracked them down yet.  It seems like some people are having issues and some aren't.  If you could send me your logs that would be helpful.

I'd be glad to send you my log if I knew how. I searched but I can't find it.

Te get the log file going for cgminer, run it with the following command:

cgminer.exe 2>cgminer.log

it will create cgminer.log file in the same folder where your cgminer is located

Activity: 294
multiport says its mining arg now.

but on my stats i see me mining dgc?

so i dont know really what am i mining now...

i did wait a few minutes but nothing changed

i did get paid dgcs....
hmmm i was on eu port 7777
Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg
All my 7970s are mining MultiPort and my rejection rates are 0.39% or lower. Great job!!!

But, I can't get my 5970s to mine scrypt to save my life. I pointed them to TRC but all I get are stratum disconnects. Any suggestions on how to mine TRC with 5970s would be greatly appreciated. TIA
My batch file:
pause
exit

There are some issues right now on the TRC pool..  I haven't tracked them down yet.  It seems like some people are having issues and some aren't.  If you could send me your logs that would be helpful.

I'd be glad to send you my log if I knew how. I searched but I can't find it.
Activity: 294
multiport says its mining arg now.

but on my stats i see me mining dgc?

so i dont know really what am i mining now...

i did wait a few minutes but nothing changed
www.multipool.us

My batch file:
pause
exit

www.multipool.us
Looks like the WDC hot wallet is low.

It was for a while, it's ok now.

I just switched to a new WDC wallet because the old one was approaching 50MB.  Doing the same for DGC and MNC shortly.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
Looks like the WDC hot wallet is low.
Activity: 441
GET IN - Smart Ticket Protocol - Live in market!

My batch file:
pause
exit

My configuration file MultiPool_Miner_2_TRC.conf:

TRC is SHA256

Here is config which should work for your 5970:
"intensity" : "7,7",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85,0-85",
"gpu-engine" : "0,0",
"gpu-platform" : "1",
"gpu-threads" : "1",

For SHA256 do not set intensity higher than 12. I found Intensity of 7 to be optimal for 5970

Activity: 453
dfgfdgfdg

My batch file:
pause
exit

My configuration file MultiPool_Miner_2_TRC.conf:
{
"pools" : [
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool1.us.multipool.in:3333",
      "user" : "worker.2",
      "pass" : "worker_pw"
   },
   {
      "url" : "stratum+tcp://pool1.eu.multipool.in:3333",
      "user" : "worker.2",
      "pass" : "worker_pw"
   }
]
"intensity" : "13",
"vectors" : "1",
"worksize" : "256",
"lookup-gap" : "2",
"thread-concurrency" : "8000",
"shaders" : "1600",
"gpu-engine" : "1050",
"gpu-fan" : "0-85",
"gpu-memclock" : "1650",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0",
"gpu-powertune" : "0",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95",
"temp-overheat" : "91",
"temp-target" : "77",
"temp-hysteresis" : "9",
"api-port" : "4028",
"auto-fan" : true,
"expiry" : "61",
"scan-time" : "60",
"queue" : "1",
"failover-only" : true,
"gpu-dyninterval" : "7",
"gpu-threads" : "1",
"gpu-reorder" : true,
"hotplug" : "0",
"log" : "5",
"shares" : "0",
"kernel-path" : "/usr/local/bin"
}
www.multipool.us
The changes to the stratum code have been fully rolled out to all pools.  You should no longer be seeing random disconnects (with shares lost) or "MySQL server has gone away".  (unless there really is a bad MySQL issue).  Please report either of these to me if you see them.

Don't worry about disconnects without shares lost, however.  It's probably just me restarting a pool server and you being redirected to another one via the load balancer.
www.multipool.us
It appears that several orphaned DGC blocks were paid out mistakenly.  This is likely due to the blocks being fully confirmed (DGC only requires 5 confirmations) and then orphaned.  There are also some blocks stuck in unconfirmed state from where this has happened on other currencies.

To prevent this from happening again, I have instituted the following changes:

1. Blocks from all currencies will no longer be scored until they reach 10 confirmations
2. DGC blocks will now be paid out after 40 confirmations.

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010
pointed my gpu here again tot est the new multiport with the added currencies, awesome job Smiley
Activity: 44
Merit: 0
www.multipool.us
Kind of a newbie question regarding multiport mining.  I noticed it switched from MNC to FTC.  

FTC average block time is currently 15mins, forgot what MNC's was, but it would obviously be less on average.

Does the pool wait until at least one block is solved before going on to the next cryptocoin?   If the answer is yes,
does it then quit if say 2 hours pass and it doesn't find anything, especially if there's something a lot more juicy to mine?

What ryen said.  There is a minimum time to stay on each coin, but it's mainly to prevent 'flapping' every minute between 2 coins that are close in price.
Activity: 292
Kind of a newbie question regarding multiport mining.  I noticed it switched from MNC to FTC. 

FTC average block time is currently 15mins, forgot what MNC's was, but it would obviously be less on average.

Does the pool wait until at least one block is solved before going on to the next cryptocoin?   If the answer is yes,
does it then quit if say 2 hours pass and it doesn't find anything, especially if there's something a lot more juicy to mine?

The multiport will switch to the higher profitable coin even if it doesn't find a block. Happens often with higher difficulty coins like LTC and NVC.
Jump to: