Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 233. (Read 424232 times)

Activity: 44
Merit: 0
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
I was thinking about another port you could add to your pool. Bitparking is a merged mining pool that mines Bitcoins, Namecoins, Devcoins, and Ixcoin at once. Could you add a merged mining port as well?

Yeah when I add BTC it will definitely be with merged mining.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
nibble wasnt over 100% a long time. dont know whats going on with this coin. pcx is great. argentum some times is on top for a very short time.
www.multipool.us
New account details page is now live.

Features:

• You can now unlock your own payment addresses!  Not that I don't enjoy receiving your emails!  Smiley
  • PIN only required for changing password and unlocking payment addresses.
  • You can lock and unlock each coin's payment address individually
  • No more PIN required for cashing out!  If you have a payment address saved, cash out with one click!
Activity: 201
Merit: 100
I would definitely vote for pxc and possibly mega coin as its up there in profitability quite a bit too.
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
I was thinking about another port you could add to your pool. Bitparking is a merged mining pool that mines Bitcoins, Namecoins, Devcoins, and Ixcoin at once. Could you add a merged mining port as well?
Activity: 322
Merit: 113
Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly
I'm working on some final changes to the db and share tables that should enable us to scale quite a bit.

As far as how long a coin is on top, it shouldn't matter too much whether it's minutes or hours..  The important thing is that we hop on when difficulty is low and hop back off quickly when difficulty goes up..  That way we maximize our profitability.

Right now I am considering adding:  ARG, NBL, and PXC once the db changes are complete.

I am also planning to add PPC and FRC and create a SHA-256 multiport soon.
Sounds good. I've never seen Argentum over 100% profitability, Nibble hasn't been for a while. Would love for PXC to be added though Smiley
Been waiting on the SHA256 port too, it was inevitable. Excellent idea.
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
I'm working on some final changes to the db and share tables that should enable us to scale quite a bit.

As far as how long a coin is on top, it shouldn't matter too much whether it's minutes or hours..  The important thing is that we hop on when difficulty is low and hop back off quickly when difficulty goes up..  That way we maximize our profitability.

Right now I am considering adding:  ARG, NBL, and PXC once the db changes are complete.

Never heard of ARG. NBL looks to be doing fine. PXC must be a new one. I'm all for it.

In regards to the SHA256 multiport, I have one question. Because the alt coins are being measured for profitability in terms of comparison to Bitcoin, that means Bitcoin will never be mined on the multiport correct?
www.multipool.us
i looked at the coin profitability the last weeks and if we get new coins on multiport, it should be coins that are a few hours on the top. doesnt make sense if its only for a few minutes.
also mincoin is too less time profitable.

i noticed that phenixcoin and megacoin are interesting atm.

so lets discuss us if we shall get phenix and mega instead of min.

flound: what is your opinion and what do u have planned for future?

i looked at the coin profitability the last weeks and if we get new coins on multiport, it should be coins that are a few hours on the top. doesnt make sense if its only for a few minutes.
also mincoin is too less time profitable.

i noticed that phenixcoin and megacoin are interesting atm.

so lets discuss us if we shall get phenix and mega instead of min.

flound: what is your opinion and what do u have planned for future?
www.multipool.us
auto payouts arent working?

Oops, they're working again now..  Forgot to re-enable that cronjob.
auto payouts arent working?

--edit--
now it works. i did set it new. perhaps that was it.
www.multipool.us
Hope the site comes back soon, even though the shares are being counted I'm a stats freak, and don't want to check to make sure my computer is still mining every hour. (Installed a new GPU today to mine with, finding it's perfect mining configs, includes some crashing Wink )

It's back up now, have fun Smiley
www.multipool.us
So, I made a fairly big change tonight to the way donations are done.

Previously, donations (as well as site fees, of which we have none, and transaction fees, of which we also have none) were calculated at the time of withdrawal.  You can obviously see that this presents an issue because someone can leave their donate% at a high number at all times, in order to appear to be donating, and change it to 0 right before they withdraw, then change it back.  This was not really an issue currently, because the site didn't lose anything except that a person got a pretty icon they shouldn't have.  But in the future, if I am to give away planned pay services for free to donators, I need to make sure the people are really donating.  Also, without knowing how much of the current reserves are waiting to be donated, it's impossible for me to do any kind of accurate financial planning.

So tonight, I have decreased everyone's available balance by your donation percent and added a new line in the account balance table to reflect this (donation).  People with donation % set to 0 were not affected. You should be able to see your total donation for each coin by going to the "My Stats" page.  It's right under "Lifetime Total Earned".  Donations will now be calculated at the time a block is scored, and added to your total donated once a block is confirmed (using the pool's required number of donations, not the network's).

Because I'm lazy, this didn't affect current unconfirmed block payouts.  So those are on the house, so to speak.

(Oh, and if you want to know why donations were calculated this way in the first place, it's the way Simplecoin does it and I never got around to changing it.  This is also why some people would see automated withdrawals for less than their threshold, because the site was subtracting your donation before sending the withdrawal.)  So if you're using any other pools based on Simplecoin, you now know about this exploit, have fun.

If you have any questions, let me know.
legendary
Activity: 1694
Merit: 1024
Hope the site comes back soon, even though the shares are being counted I'm a stats freak, and don't want to check to make sure my computer is still mining every hour. (Installed a new GPU today to mine with, finding it's perfect mining configs, includes some crashing Wink )
www.multipool.us
The frontend is going down for a couple hours tonight while I update some payment code.  Pools will remain up.
www.multipool.us
My mining clients can't connect to NVC pool at all.

You should be good to go now.
Activity: 292
My mining clients can't connect to NVC pool at all.
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1007
multiport switched to WDC, looks like many multiporters are fine but I'm not able to connect... Either via multiport or directly to the WDC pool. I've manually switched over to LTC since it's close to as profitable.

Yeah, the problem is that I moved dgc, wdc and nvc off to another server..  It is an m1.small instance, which is supposed to have half of the CPU power of an m1.medium instance (which all of the other coin daemons, plus mysql, plus the frontend, plus the pools were running on).  But for some reason the m1.small instance is not able to handle the load of only those 3 coins.  I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I moved digitalcoin back to the main box last night.  But even now with just WDC and NVC on the box, it's still overloaded.  I'm going to be changing around the architecture a bit in the next few days to make it more scalable.  Growing pains are good, right?  Smiley

Hey, it's definitely a learning experience. When I run into issues with development it annoys me, but at least then I learn from it so I figure it's a positive, :p.
www.multipool.us
multiport switched to WDC, looks like many multiporters are fine but I'm not able to connect... Either via multiport or directly to the WDC pool. I've manually switched over to LTC since it's close to as profitable.

Yeah, the problem is that I moved dgc, wdc and nvc off to another server..  It is an m1.small instance, which is supposed to have half of the CPU power of an m1.medium instance (which all of the other coin daemons, plus mysql, plus the frontend, plus the pools were running on).  But for some reason the m1.small instance is not able to handle the load of only those 3 coins.  I'm not exactly sure what the problem is, but I moved digitalcoin back to the main box last night.  But even now with just WDC and NVC on the box, it's still overloaded.  I'm going to be changing around the architecture a bit in the next few days to make it more scalable.  Growing pains are good, right?  Smiley
Jump to: