Author

Topic: [ANN][The Original Multipool - Scrypt/SHA256/Scrypt-N/X11] multipool.us - page 264. (Read 424131 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
www.multipool.us
Is WDC down?  How can we have no blocks?

What do you mean, we had tons of WDC blocks today.
www.multipool.us
Keep in mind hash power already used on a current block doesn't make the new block arrive any sooner. Each hash is randomly hit or miss. It feels right to change on block boundaries, but really it means the hashes up until that block were found were mining the less profitable coin.

I know, I was more concerned with someone submitting a block to the wrong stratum server, but I guess that could happen no matter when the switch happens.

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Keep in mind hash power already used on a current block doesn't make the new block arrive any sooner. Each hash is randomly hit or miss. It feels right to change on block boundaries, but really it means the hashes up until that block were found were mining the less profitable coin.
www.multipool.us
7777 seems to be stuck on LTC even though WDC is at 250%

According to the logs it switched back and forth between WDC and LTC several times today.

I have it set only to switch on block boundaries so we don't waste hashpower.  Maybe that's what you were seeing?
legendary
Activity: 1593
Merit: 1004
Is WDC down?  How can we have no blocks?
Activity: 319
7777 seems to be stuck on LTC even though WDC is at 250%
www.multipool.us
I love your multiport idea, but instead of mining only the most profitable coin, why not merge mine all the scrypt coins? Also consider DigitalCoin. It's gaining traction by the hour.

I don't believe any of the scrypt coins support merged mining.

I wasn't sure either. At least look at digitalcoin

I am, but I have some todo's before I can add it.
Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
I love your multiport idea, but instead of mining only the most profitable coin, why not merge mine all the scrypt coins? Also consider DigitalCoin. It's gaining traction by the hour.

I wasn't sure either. At least look at digitalcoin
www.multipool.us

Activity: 266
aka 7Strykes
www.multipool.us
btw if anyone wants to check what the multiport is (supposed to be) on go to www.multipool.in/index2.php

www.multipool.us
And, found another bug.

Auto switching should be working right now.
www.multipool.us
Nope, it wouldn't be a real test if it was hardcoded. Smiley  But it should be on WDC most of the time.
That's what I was thinking. But earlier today, after your announcement, I had switched everything to 7777, and when MNC was the best, it was still pointing to WDC.

Yeah, guess what we found our first bug Smiley

It's on LTC now.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Can I mine WDC with Guiminer-scrpyt? Or do I need a different miner? (I've only mined BTC and LTC before.)
Nope, it wouldn't be a real test if it was hardcoded. Smiley  But it should be on WDC most of the time.
That's what I was thinking. But earlier today, after your announcement, I had switched everything to 7777, and when MNC was the best, it was still pointing to WDC.
www.multipool.us
After the stratum changes are complete, I will implement a multiport for scrypt.  The multiport runs on port 7777 (Currently open if anyone wants to beta test)

Once the multiport is in full production, there will only be two coins that will be directly minable on the pool (litecoin and terracoin).  To mine the other coins you will need to use the multiport which will always point to the most profitable coin.  This will enable me to add scamcoinsnew alternate cryptocoins quickly and point the full hashrate of the pool at them as soon as they become the most profitable to mine, and switch back to litecoin or another stable coin when the profitability goes down.
Great News!

Is the Multiport hardcoded to WorldCoin until it is out of Beta?

Activity: 50
Merit: 0
Is there going to be a way to trade altcoins up for BTC/LTC automatically like CryptoSwitcher does?

Thinking either through your own btc-e or vircuex API or maybe via a special multipool.in one with an extra few %free? could still work out profitable for  the miners.
After the stratum changes are complete, I will implement a multiport for scrypt.  The multiport runs on port 7777 (Currently open if anyone wants to beta test)

Once the multiport is in full production, there will only be two coins that will be directly minable on the pool (litecoin and terracoin).  To mine the other coins you will need to use the multiport which will always point to the most profitable coin.  This will enable me to add scamcoinsnew alternate cryptocoins quickly and point the full hashrate of the pool at them as soon as they become the most profitable to mine, and switch back to litecoin or another stable coin when the profitability goes down.
Great News!

Is the Multiport hardcoded to WorldCoin until it is out of Beta?
www.multipool.us

www.multipool.us
I'm currently working on porting the litecoin stratum changes into the generalfault version of stratum server.  Once that is complete the load on the server should decrease quite a bit, since the generalfault version maintains a persistent database connection and inserts shares 50 at a time rather than one at a time.

It also supports vardiff.
Jump to: