Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][TKS]TOKES Platform | Empowering the Cannabis Industry - page 52. (Read 103676 times)

kov
Activity: 492
Merit: 500
hello how much did canabis raised?

Cant check thru the site as it require sign up :/

Hi puremage111 - we've currently raised somewhere in the neighborhood of $55,000-$60,000, comprised of ~50btc and 78,000 waves. We've actually had some assistance with an active member of our community and are planning a revamped website release soon. The new site should include an API to the funds raised, so you won't need to log in to the portal to see ICO status. Stay tuned.
Activity: 602
Merit: 506
Your own digital self
Legit project, do you have escrow?

3 post in this topic

Q: Will there be an escrow service on the ICO?

Yes. We're utilizing a 3-party mutli-sig wallet with two independent third-party signatories. The escrow signatories include, Fran Strajnar - Co-Founder and CEO of Brave New Coin, and Collin Crypto - the second highest ranked escrow on BitRated.com. All bitcoin contributions and altcoin contributions processed through our shapeshift plugin will be managed under this escrow. Because Waves does not yet have this functionality built in, Waves contributions will not be managed under this escrow agreement, but held in trust directly by the Tokes Platform team.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100
Legit project, do you have escrow?
Activity: 742
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
hey hey, i was just doing some discussion with some friends, and question:
What happens if this 3rd party incent platform goes kaput?
Was it smart to run your ICO thru a 3rd party or proxy?

I have no idea about their project, it looked cheap personally, so its hard to give money this way :/

i ask myself: what happened to Satoshi's vision?  there's no P2P or mining anymore, just give money to ideas (ICO), done thru 3rd party platforms Sad

Can you mine an equipment with you computer? there are no to similar projects, also time has changed when Steve Job and Steve Wozniak founded apple computer then they don't have the opportunity of VCs funding but today I'm very sure the will seek for VCs funding to move their project forward since the landscape has changed
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Next question. Why not just do the ico with escrows on the forum?

Good question!
Activity: 728
Never ending parties are what Im into.
Next question. Why not just do the ico with escrows on the forum?
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1092
~Full-Time Minter since 2016~
hey hey, i was just doing some discussion with some friends, and question:
What happens if this 3rd party incent platform goes kaput?
Was it smart to run your ICO thru a 3rd party or proxy?

I have no idea about their project, it looked cheap personally, so its hard to give money this way :/

i ask myself: what happened to Satoshi's vision?  there's no P2P or mining anymore, just give money to ideas (ICO), done thru 3rd party platforms Sad
Activity: 378
Merit: 251
i am involved with a dispensary and this does not solve any issues we face.

please explain how you will be able to peg tokes to the dollar?
...and how are we going to cash out?
Activity: 1568
Merit: 511
hello how much did canabis raised?

Cant check thru the site as it require sign up :/
kov
kov

Ah, I see why there's a disconnect... A couple of things here: first and foremost, we're going to be starting local, and we're going to be starting small. This is not the type of promotion we would rain down on the entire US. We'll be targeting 5-10 local dispensaries with this promotion to test its efficacy. Even then, we're going to be starting with a small number of units - the specific amount of which has not yet been determined. It will be less than a few hundred dollars each initially, though. Second, these dispensaries are not going to have immediate access to or understanding of how to go openly sell these on the market, as this is not a space they're very familiar with. Which leads to point number three, and most importantly for you. You're assuming we are going to hand out the tokes for this promotional offer and simply let the dispensaries turn around and re-sell them. Our actual plan here would be to support that promotion as a true 'company' cost and act as a repurchaser of the units used by the dispensaries. In that sense, there is no market impact as a result of these marketing efforts. We would bear the burden of paying those costs in order to foster initial relationships.

I do think it's important for me to emphasize here that this project is going to be unlike just about anything you've seen in the crypto ecosystem. We approach this more from a financial perspective than a technology one. Our actions are going to have token holders in mind, and we're going to be acting in your interest, not entirely our own. It's going to take many small steps to gain traction with the concept, but with dedicated and strategic execution, we can succeed here.

Now that's a clear answer I can get behind. Good job. I'll continue watching and maybe at the end you'll get an investment from me. Its hard though with the numerous other weed coins that have been around for much longer already carving out their place in the 420 business. But thanks again for the clear and informative answer.

Cheers, appreciate that sourgummies.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
I'll buy some!
Can I hear more about the marketing plan please. This is my second time asking.

We have a few marketing concepts for platform promotion:

1. First, we plan on distributing a small number of tokes to our dispensary partners, who in turn can use those to attract new customers via tokes giveaways. This will attract new customers for the dispensary, gain exposure for the platform, and nurture business relationships.

2. Educational and tech support efforts to assist the dispensaries with the implementation of our technology.

3. I've alluded to the tourism business concept we're pursuing...this will tie directly into our business development efforts with industry partners.

4. Building out point of sale systems in the form of computer tablets that can run our application and facilitate tokes transactions.

Those are a few, to start. Thanks for the question sourgummies.

How small is the number of free tokes that you'll be giving away? I find it hard to invest in an ico when the coins im buying will be given to others for free. Why cant I just get some free coins is my thought process.

The key difference is that our partners at the dispensary level will be utilizing their promotional allotment to further the footprint of the currency, which has broad social and economic value for all people invested in tokes. It's similar to how we're giving away tokes to people that promote through signatures, blogs, and other promotional efforts. To that end, you are welcome to join any one of our bounty campaigns and earn 'free' tokes for assisting with spreading the message.

That's a nice way to spin it. Another way could be your dispensaries will be giving away free tokes with every purchase. The pitch would be, buy this weed and I'll give you back $2 in tokes witch you can turn into bitcoin. And then just like that the sell pressure begins. You still did not answer my question. How many tokes are being put aside for this and how many will be given out for free?

Ah, I see why there's a disconnect... A couple of things here: first and foremost, we're going to be starting local, and we're going to be starting small. This is not the type of promotion we would rain down on the entire US. We'll be targeting 5-10 local dispensaries with this promotion to test its efficacy. Even then, we're going to be starting with a small number of units - the specific amount of which has not yet been determined. It will be less than a few hundred dollars each initially, though. Second, these dispensaries are not going to have immediate access to or understanding of how to go openly sell these on the market, as this is not a space they're very familiar with. Which leads to point number three, and most importantly for you. You're assuming we are going to hand out the tokes for this promotional offer and simply let the dispensaries turn around and re-sell them. Our actual plan here would be to support that promotion as a true 'company' cost and act as a repurchaser of the units used by the dispensaries. In that sense, there is no market impact as a result of these marketing efforts. We would bear the burden of paying those costs in order to foster initial relationships.

I do think it's important for me to emphasize here that this project is going to be unlike just about anything you've seen in the crypto ecosystem. We approach this more from a financial perspective than a technology one. Our actions are going to have token holders in mind, and we're going to be acting in your interest, not entirely our own. It's going to take many small steps to gain traction with the concept, but with dedicated and strategic execution, we can succeed here.

Now that's a clear answer I can get behind. Good job. I'll continue watching and maybe at the end you'll get an investment from me. Its hard though with the numerous other weed coins that have been around for much longer already carving out their place in the 420 business. But thanks again for the clear and informative answer.
kov
Peter just updated the Waves node, so API should be reporting correctly in ICO portal for anyone investing directly with Waves.
kov
Do you have any more information about the team ? Like linkedin profiles etc.

No offense but lately there are a lot scams, and i do like the idea but i would like to know more about the team etc.

Hi Mrboot - have you had an opportunity to review team information at http://cannabisrevolution.us/#Team ? I'd also encourage you to watch the Coin Interview with me that we completed last week: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSeAFtW0ue0

Also, I've had several requests for more information about my background in crypto specifically. I'm going to be drafting up an extended bio that includes my experience not only in finance, but also in crypto and cannabis. Will probably take a few days to put it together, but keep an eye out for that.

kov
Can I hear more about the marketing plan please. This is my second time asking.

We have a few marketing concepts for platform promotion:

1. First, we plan on distributing a small number of tokes to our dispensary partners, who in turn can use those to attract new customers via tokes giveaways. This will attract new customers for the dispensary, gain exposure for the platform, and nurture business relationships.

2. Educational and tech support efforts to assist the dispensaries with the implementation of our technology.

3. I've alluded to the tourism business concept we're pursuing...this will tie directly into our business development efforts with industry partners.

4. Building out point of sale systems in the form of computer tablets that can run our application and facilitate tokes transactions.

Those are a few, to start. Thanks for the question sourgummies.

How small is the number of free tokes that you'll be giving away? I find it hard to invest in an ico when the coins im buying will be given to others for free. Why cant I just get some free coins is my thought process.

The key difference is that our partners at the dispensary level will be utilizing their promotional allotment to further the footprint of the currency, which has broad social and economic value for all people invested in tokes. It's similar to how we're giving away tokes to people that promote through signatures, blogs, and other promotional efforts. To that end, you are welcome to join any one of our bounty campaigns and earn 'free' tokes for assisting with spreading the message.

That's a nice way to spin it. Another way could be your dispensaries will be giving away free tokes with every purchase. The pitch would be, buy this weed and I'll give you back $2 in tokes witch you can turn into bitcoin. And then just like that the sell pressure begins. You still did not answer my question. How many tokes are being put aside for this and how many will be given out for free?

kov
I would like to try to participate before the next round when the price goes up again. Can you please tell me what is the minimum amount we can purchase in BTC for the TOKES tokens?

quiman - we do not require a minimum investment amount to participate in the ICO. You can take a look at our site at http://cannabisrevolution.us for project details, or log in directly to our ICO portal (partnered with Incent on this aspect) at https://tokes.incentloyalty.com and review your investment options. We accept BTC and WAVES directly, or all other altcoins through the ShapeShift plugin.

No offense but lately there are a lot scams, and i do like the idea but i would like to know more about the team etc.

My take is that incent team has some involvement since their ico page is using incent's system. This is legit no doubt and the team members are not the usual potheads.

Yeah says you but they do plan on giving out free tokes whihc can kill the economy of the coin if they do it wrong. I been watching this since day one and I keep flip flopping, invest, dont invest, invest, dont invest. I think im going to pass.
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054

My take is that incent team has some involvement since their ico page is using incent's system. This is legit no doubt and the team members are not the usual potheads.

Pages:
Jump to: