Pages:
Author

Topic: ★★★ [ANN][VLC] ValueCoin | The real valuable coin | Launched - page 9. (Read 34561 times)

Activity: 435
Merit: 250
Give it a few minutes. It will find the peers. If it doesnt, maybe your firewall is blocking the client from connecting to any nodes.

Restarting the client could help too.
Activity: 275
So, I pulled Valuecoin-qt, got it installed and running.

However, I don't see any active connections to the network at all.

When I go in to the debug console and type "getpeerinfo" I'm getting nothing back.

Did I miss a valuecoin.conf file creation where I need to specify peers?
I can't connect.... are there more nodes to add besides the 4 listed on the first post?
thanks.

Just use the pool dude like everyone.

https://vlc.epools.org
why sudden interests in this coin? cryptsy will list it soon? Smiley

Yes. It is on the list. I have been mining for a long time now. Probably 4 weeks.
Activity: 766
Merit: 621
Own ONION
why sudden interests in this coin? cryptsy will list it soon? Smiley
Activity: 407
I can't connect.... are there more nodes to add besides the 4 listed on the first post?
thanks.
wow the network hashrate gone to >100mh/s in a few minutes lol

haha yea, I wish he joined the pool itself.

Would be awesome to have him  in the pool Cheesy

It is a big news!
Activity: 448
wow the network hashrate gone to >100mh/s in a few minutes lol
Wow so many people are mining ValueCoin now.

Network hashrate at 135Mhs now.

I guess even the big fish know that valuecoin is gonna go on the exchange soon.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
Pool mining guarantees faster and steady payouts.

Solo mining works best when diff is low and your personal hashrate is high. Then you will be keeping all the coins found in the blocks you mined.
Solo Mining Instructions ::

1) Download the client from http://valuecoin.org
2) Install the client and let it get synced to the network.
3) Open notepad and save the following commands as valuecoin.conf under the valuecoin folder present in the AppData folder

listen=1
daemon=1
server=1
rpcuser=Username
rpcpassword=Password
rpcallowip=127.0.0.1
rpcport=11109

4) After saving the above valuecoin.conf file, exit the valuecoin client and re-open the client.
5) In cgminer use the following settings,

cgminer --scrypt -o http://127.0.0.1:11109 -u username -p password --shaders 1792 --intensity 20 --worksize 256 -g 1 --thread-concurrency 20300 --gpu-reorder -s 1 --expiry 28 --queue 0

(these settings are for 7950)

NOW  you cgminer will be solo mining. It will not be same like mining in a pool. You will not see many Accepted shares. In solo mining, each accpeted share is a block found and you will be paid directly to your address.
quick note about online wallet: it doesn't support VLC yet. those navbar links are all the same for all of my pools so sorry for the confusion.

No problem.

Thanks for being on top of things... gives me confidence.

As far as solo-mining.   What would be the benefit here?
for solo mining, you don't share any of your block rewards with others. but they don't share anything with you as well Smiley
with pool, any block found is split between the pool miners, in solo mining, you're fighting alone.
quick note about online wallet: it doesn't support VLC yet. those navbar links are all the same for all of my pools so sorry for the confusion.

No problem.

Thanks for being on top of things... gives me confidence.

As far as solo-mining.   What would be the benefit here?
all the pool issues should be resolved now. thanks to 'valuecoin' member who PMd me with them. all the payouts for all found blocks are accurate, that's only frontend which wasn't updating properly.

Thank you erundook for resolving the issues so quick.

Pool is woking 100% fine now. Please mine with no fear!
all the pool issues should be resolved now. thanks to 'valuecoin' member who PMd me with them. all the payouts for all found blocks are accurate, that's only frontend which wasn't updating properly.
About that online wallet service, its the pool owner's own project. I don't think he has that service for VLC yet. And its not been updated since some time. So please ignore that.

As for the shares not getting recognized, its a temporary lag in the pool. Probably due to the sudden rise in the hashrate.

But all your shares will be accounted for and paid as soon as the server catches up.

but if you are too worried, I would suggest solo mining.

if you haven't solo mined before, just tell me and i will post all the required steps to start in 5 minutes.

Thanks for the prompt response.

Seems like a fair explanation, so I can wait an hour or two to see if it catches up.

I have not solo-mined before, but am willing to give it a shot.  So yes, please, do pass on those directions.

BUT, that being said, I feel like pools are better for people, in general, so I'll throw my 10M in to the pool for a while and see what it does for the greater good.

About that online wallet service, its the pool owner's own project. I don't think he has that service for VLC yet. And its not been updated since some time. So please ignore that.

As for the shares not getting recognized, its a temporary lag in the pool. Probably due to the sudden rise in the hashrate.

But all your shares will be accounted for and paid as soon as the server catches up.

but if you are too worried, I would suggest solo mining.

if you haven't solo mined before, just tell me and i will post all the required steps to start in 5 minutes.
The site points to an online wallet service that does not support VLC.

Not sure that makes much sense.

Any comment?

I am sorry what wallet service are you talking about here?

The DOWNLOAD NOW link downloads a ValueCoin wallet. Which is installed on your PC.

With that client you can solo mine or use the address in the pool to get paid.

This...

No VLC wallets there.

And, then this concerns me...

You can see form snapshot 1, I'm pumping hashes in... but the pool is not recog.

Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: