Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 169. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
Can anyone tell me how one can enable the trading bot functions on the wallet? And those little goodies like notifications?
If anyone here on this thread is a developer, maybe he can provide more feedback on the latest update on the wallet? Simple folks like me cannot easily understand those things which were just recently added on the wallet and what are the possible uses they can be right now or in the future updates. Smiley
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
First off the new wallet is pretty slick with some nice features, but over all I'm disappointed that no torrent features were released today, as I was expecting:( This is why I sold half of my coins today, I will keep 200k as this is still has potential.

Having to wait until at least the new year for the hard forks, so we can finally get torrents implemented also sucks.

That being said, the Dev has finally made some progress and actually released something Smiley

As for the price, who knows what will happen over the coming weeks or months, I would also like to add that this project does not look like so much of a gamble now.

As someone who only recently became familiar with the project I had a similar reaction to the release. It's SDC's wallet with a couple of additions (Bittrex trading, which the old version had anyway, and 2FA, which I'm pretty sure Google makes easy enough for developers to implement). No torrent features after nearly two years of development is pretty disappointing and again there's nothing here to show that the developer is capable enough of producing original code that would overcome the technical challenges involved. Good luck to the hardcore believers, but I've seen enough for now.
legendary
Activity: 1456
First off the new wallet is pretty slick with some nice features, but over all I'm disappointed that no torrent features were released today, as I was expecting:( This is why I sold half of my coins today, I will keep 200k as this is still has potential.

Having to wait until at least the new year for the hard forks, so we can finally get torrents implemented also sucks.

That being said, the Dev has finally made some progress and actually released something Smiley

As for the price, who knows what will happen over the coming weeks or months, I would also like to add that this project does not look like so much of a gamble now.

You've completely discounted how difficult 2fa is to build and what positive contributions this will make to crypto. Even if it's got bugs. Its great progress. All the fuckers out there that use exploits like teamviewer to login and steal peoples coins, in-wallet 2fa will make it harder to steal coins.  I know people that have lost thousands to these fuckers.

This is a huge contributions to crypto by the VTorrent dev(s). Thanks!

If the dev(s) can do that, torrent functionality is within their capabilities. You should buy back all those coins you sold and just accept the hit on the mistake you made. I told you to ice your wallet and go out for a walk for about a year. lol.
legendary
Activity: 1764

I bet the dev is waiting for kimdotcom on 2017 for something big to happen. This will go hand in hand with megaupload 2.0 Wink
legendary
Activity: 1288

Where can I find the 2FA settings in the wallet?

On the password section.

Thank you. It's not there if you build it from the source code but I see it in Windows version now.
legendary

On the password section.
legendary
This is a great feature:

Added CheckLockTimeVerify (BIP65)

For those who don't know, look this up and read the context of why this feature was added by Peter Todd.

Here for lazy fucks just looking for a quickie pump:

https://github.com/bitcoin/bips/blob/master/bip-0065.mediawiki

You'll be able to contract buy files from other users Cheesy

Trustless Payments for Publishing Data

The PayPub protocol makes it possible to pay for information in a trustless way by first proving that an encrypted file contains the desired data, and secondly crafting scriptPubKeys used for payment such that spending them reveals the encryption keys to the data. However the existing implementation has a significant flaw: the publisher can delay the release of the keys indefinitely.

This problem can be solved interactively with the refund transaction technique; with CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY the problem can be non-interactively solved using scriptPubKeys of the following form:

IF
        HASH160 EQUALVERIFY
         CHECKSIG
    ELSE
         CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY DROP
         CHECKSIG
    ENDIF
The buyer of the data is now making a secure offer with an expiry time. If the publisher fails to accept the offer before the expiry time is reached the buyer can cancel the offer by spending the output.

So it is more likely that we are witnessing VTR Rocket at launch site with smoking smearing out pre-launch to the moon!

For the more commercially minded folks, they can make a living selling files to average Joe public.

Just get a reseller licence or permissions from rights owners and buy and sell whatever media obtained from the torrent network. Pay across royalties, or a share to others on the torrent network and you've become a digital rights broker.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
This is a great feature:

For those who don't know, look this up and read the context of why this feature was added by Peter Todd.

The PayPub protocol makes it possible to pay for information in a trustless way by first proving that an encrypted file contains the desired data, and secondly crafting scriptPubKeys used for payment such that spending them reveals the encryption keys to the data. However the existing implementation has a significant flaw: the publisher can delay the release of the keys indefinitely.

This problem can be solved interactively with the refund transaction technique; with CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY the problem can be non-interactively solved using scriptPubKeys of the following form:

IF
        HASH160 EQUALVERIFY
        CHECKSIG
    ELSE
        CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY DROP
        CHECKSIG
    ENDIF
The buyer of the data is now making a secure offer with an expiry time. If the publisher fails to accept the offer before the expiry time is reached the buyer can cancel the offer by spending the output.

So it is more likely that we are witnessing VTR Rocket at launch site with smoking smearing out pre-launch to the moon!
Activity: 522
Merit: 500
Biggest wallet on bittrex is now ~630k

Someone is accumulating (:
legendary
This is a great feature:

IF
        HASH160 EQUALVERIFY
        CHECKSIG
    ELSE
        CHECKLOCKTIMEVERIFY DROP
        CHECKSIG
    ENDIF
legendary
Thank you mr. VTR for the update, looks good. Will install once I have some free time.

Just to give us a better idea of expected hardfork dates:
Current block: 1018971
Blocks / day (as per cryptoguru): 1495 blocks/day

PoSV2: 1200000
181,029 blocks remaining
/1495
121 days.

Four months till torrents.

Or block 1.3M

Which would be six months.

so,  meanwhile,  do we head back to 600 satoshi?  or slowly climb up to 10000?

Your guess is as good as mine.

If there is a video to wet appetites, it would be a slow climb up the charts with plenty of green candles.
legendary
Thank you mr. VTR for the update, looks good. Will install once I have some free time.

181,029 blocks remaining
/1495
121 days.

Or block 1.3M

Your guess is as good as mine.

181,029 blocks remaining
/1495
121 days.

Or block 1.3M

legendary

181,029 blocks remaining
/1495
121 days.

Or block 1.3M

Activity: 522
Merit: 500

181,029 blocks remaining
/1495
121 days.
legendary

Great Updates Dev! Smiley

2FA is working smoothly, this is the 1st ever I have seen on any wallet.
How can I enable to bot trading on the wallet?

Thanks and Great Work... waiting for the next update soon!

Did the 2fa really works well?

why people still dump after VTR got awesome features like that?

if im not mistaken, we are the ONLY coin on earth that got this feature (vtr dev in house)  or it just copy from somewhere?

Some review on it please?

People want to see torrents in action

Are we 'go' for torrent features?

Let the fuckers sell.

This is an excellent update.

Great Updates Dev! Smiley

2FA is working smoothly, this is the 1st ever I have seen on any wallet.
How can I enable to bot trading on the wallet?

Thanks and Great Work... waiting for the next update soon!

Did the 2fa really works well?

why people still dump after VTR got awesome features like that?

if im not mistaken, we are the ONLY coin on earth that got this feature (vtr dev in house)  or it just copy from somewhere?

Some review on it please?
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
Are we 'go' for torrent features?
Jump to: