Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 28. (Read 436148 times)

Activity: 613
Merit: 501

I can't sit idly by and let people throw their money into the drain, if I can at least throw up a huge warning sign and let you be aware that unless you're looking at this as a risky, volatile investment then you're making a huge mistake.

And yeah, I might come out of this by having made this post with less money in my pockets. So be it. It isn't right to sit by when things are not right.

WATCH OUT! HE IS MAKING YOU DUMP TO ACCUMULATE MORE. People are desperate these days.

F you dev if you let everyone to pump, dump and bash your project.  Huh

This thread is useless, dev doesn't care so let's start promoting other coins that are not scam.

RAIBLOCKS

GOOD DEV
LEGIT
BIG POTENTIAL

INVEST IN RAIBLOCKS  Wink
Activity: 522
Merit: 500

We were discussing this in the Slack channel.

I don't speak on an official basis for this project or any other, but when someone like this person comes along and tries to tell you this or any other project is a winner you had best take a long, deep think before you do anything.

This project has an interesting scope, it has an interesting vision and it could be extremely financially rewarding at some point in the future.

However, our dev does not openly communicate updates until he has solid stuff to share (that's at least my opinion on the matter).

This project is not an investment for the faint of heart.

When you buy into any project that has been around as long as this one, you're lining the pockets of people who invested 2-3 years ago and have made anywhere from 50 to 100x their initial investment.

Please, do your own research. Do your own thinking. By all means, go and explore projects that people suggest, but please do not go all in or take wild risks thinking you're going to come out the other side with a billion dollars. Because you most likely will not, and 99.9999999% you will not if some guy on YouTube suggests you invest in a project.

Of specific note is that this person has not talked about the project as an "interesting project" but rather primarily as a vessel for investing your money in. This is a technology project first and foremost. The only money factor is what people have decided to arbitrarily give this currency.

One day what they arbitrarily assign it may work for you and the next it may not.

I can personally promise you that all the money I've made in crypto (which is a decent amount) has been through reading and researching by myself. I've spent somewhere in the region of 2-3000 hours reading about various projects and making my own decisions. Please, please do not follow these kind of people for your own good.

Sorry but I don't care for the pump dump bullshit. If I make money off this, I want it to be because the dev has actually delivered on a cool project that works.

There's already a guy who took out a bunch of credit cards and got himself in serious debt thinking this project was a guaranteed money maker. It's not.

I can't sit idly by and let people throw their money into the drain, if I can at least throw up a huge warning sign and let you be aware that unless you're looking at this as a risky, volatile investment then you're making a huge mistake.

And yeah, I might come out of this by having made this post with less money in my pockets. So be it. It isn't right to sit by when things are not right.
Activity: 434
Merit: 436
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Could I know how to contact Vtr devs? I really wanna know how to recover my OTP..
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Everything's a bubble, idiot
Is there any news concerning activity?

lots of buys going in... possibly a MM though
Activity: 434
Merit: 436
Is there any news concerning activity?
Activity: 169
Dev, we would love an update.
Activity: 12
Bee,

The VTR coin is the token for the ecosystem and there is a 'token' that we're assuming is swappable in the wallet for VTR that will be used on a payments channel for leeching/seeding payments once the DEV gets to that point.  As far as we're aware currently, there is work being done to integrate ZCash technology for fully anonymous transactions, originally the VTR token was based loosely on Shadowcoin among others.

My guess, and it's only a guess, is that we're waiting on a protocol such as BOLT (See https://z.cash/blog/bolt-private-payment-channels.html) so that setting up and closing payment channels, as well as all token and VTR transactions would be 100% private as any of us who have been here for a while can tell you is about all the DEV is concerned about.  Privacy and anonymity.  Also, the last we heard there was much work to be done to ensure that spoofing of seed/leach ratios was not possible through various methods as these would ruin the integrity of a market based system if one could cheat what their client was actually doing in terms of this.

So, pull up a chair and feel free to join the community run slack where we all speculate until were blue in the face about what's going on and where this project could eventually take us all.
Activity: 196
The white paper link isn't functional on the website. What purpose does the VTR coin serve in the system and who is the dev? The front page ANN states that transactions are completely untraceable, by what means is this accomplished?
Keeping dreams alive.
Activity: 682
Merit: 540
The white paper link isn't functional on the website. What purpose does the VTR coin serve in the system and who is the dev? The front page ANN states that transactions are completely untraceable, by what means is this accomplished?
Activity: 196

Screenshot of early-beta version of client with BitTorrent build-in, currently only download function is available.

3 Months to go, right?

Minimum Viable Product shipping, soon (tm)  Smiley
wow nice preview! nice work dev, keep it up. we'll soon see 100 mil cap easy.

jk
Activity: 704
Activity: 784
Merit: 272

Screenshot of early-beta version of client with BitTorrent build-in, currently only download function is available.

3 Months to go, right?

Minimum Viable Product shipping, soon (tm)  Smiley
Dev

This is the best time to show video of working bittorrent. Nearly every project is red and vTorrent can be the one big green project. it is easy and free advertising to everyone in crypto for the price of a 60 second video on youtube. China will fomo.
Activity: 225

LMAO noobs in this thread haha.....I made 300x with eth and nav NOOB and you are trusting a dev who cant show his face or tell his name.... Douche get a life.

300% eh? Well congrats, so did I. In fact, I have a diverse asset portfolio of which VTR is a very small percentage because it's a risky moonshot project. If it succeeds, it could pay far more than 300X. But whatever. Keep on whining and badgering us about your missed opportunities. And I'll take the noob label over your troll any day.
zcash doing hard fork in 2018 to add new features for mobile

https://www.coindesk.com/better-faster-zk-snarks-zcash-developers-release-new-privacy-tech/

why not just release what you have now and then plan for a hard fork to their new code in late 2018?
Activity: 522
Hey Dev, as I am sure you have seen, the peer count is dropping weekly.  We are now down to 5 active connections.  Orphan rates are up too.  At some point soon you need to provide information so people have a reason to do something other than day trade the VTR token which to me seems all anyone is doing here, just look at the trex books.  Come on man...

There are actually quite a few more peers than 5. It depends on your connection/firewall and a number of other factors.
Activity: 12
Hey Dev, as I am sure you have seen, the peer count is dropping weekly.  We are now down to 5 active connections.  Orphan rates are up too.  At some point soon you need to provide information so people have a reason to do something other than day trade the VTR token which to me seems all anyone is doing here, just look at the trex books.  Come on man...
I have couple of questions around this project and I hope someone would be able to help. How are the people paid for sharing the content saved on their system? In other words when they are seeders, do they earn coins from this? Also, if this legal, I mean one can have all sorts of pirated info and could be sharing via vTorrent. How does this work?

How safe is our system when we share such contents?

How much is the earning from sharing contents by acting as seeder?

Thanks and have a nice day.

as far as we know, buying and selling prices are set by individuals.

as long as people use this for legal sources of media, files, etc, any pirated materials are down to those individuals. the cops or rights owners would go after them personally.

Dear all,

Actually, the size of piece I stated here is only related to the way BitTorrent protocol works, by slicing up different size of torrent file in pieces and have each pieces verified by leacher's client using the SHA1 algorithm against the seeder's piece after each pieces is transferred, for example with 512kb piece size, 700mb would be divided into 1,400 pieces, piece size is the key that can make a torrent seeded on a slow connection scale well.

There is actually no theoretical limit for the bandwidth or file size that our network can handle at any given moment.

Moreover, each pieces of torrent file is unrelated to each transaction on VTR network, all of the transactions made to each seeders will be in micropayment channels which most of the transaction will be off-chain, and hence there should be no bloat issue for the VTR blockchain to handle.

Regards,

vTorrent
Pages:
Jump to: