Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][VTR] vTorrent - Share with freedom | 2FA | HD | @Bittrex - page 69. (Read 436160 times)

legendary
Activity: 1029
Merit: 1000
price predictions ? I think vtr can hit 50k this year.. maybe more! Now we just need to break 10k.. and secretly I believe this is the next polo coin Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1456
It's interesting to see the Joystream dependencies

Code:
[submodule "libtorrent"]
path = libtorrent
[submodule "mSIGNA"]
path = mSIGNA

Libtorrent is basically the engine, but msigna looks like how they are managing the Bitcoin relationship with the storage files on your local drive. So it's mostly open source software already.
Activity: 86
Merit: 10
Ohhhhh, they're JoyStream screenshots. I see.

Cheesy

What kind of difference will 1300000 block fork bring us
Regarding to staking calculations?
Activity: 138
Merit: 100
Everything's a bubble, idiot

Do you think you could successfully merge VTR with a joystream fork? If the VTR devs fail?

I'm not interested in any of that. The VTR devs look to have a far superior implementation vs. Joystream, if they are going to run a straight implementation of a BitTorrent client.

1000 times better.

Joystream is going to fail badly unless they introduce some payment hubs to keep users from spamming the Bitcoin blockchain with micro-transactions. At the current cost of BTC fees, Joystream is dead in the water. You would need to be buying an mp3 file for about $5 just in fees.

vTorrent is the only game in town.

I imagine that's what the VTR token will be for? To pass fees around without touching the VTR blockchain, then it gets periodically converted back into VTR. Similar to ETH and Gas I guess. Or maybe I'm wrong.

Also, BTC transaction speeds are atrocious and why you'd want to build anything on top of that blockchain is a mystery to me. I've been waiting 5 1/2 hours for the first confirmation of a transaction sent with 25c fee.
legendary

Do you think you could successfully merge VTR with a joystream fork? If the VTR devs fail?

I'm not interested in any of that. The VTR devs look to have a far superior implementation vs. Joystream, if they are going to run a straight implementation of a BitTorrent client.

1000 times better.

Joystream is going to fail badly unless they introduce some payment hubs to keep users from spamming the Bitcoin blockchain with micro-transactions. At the current cost of BTC fees, Joystream is dead in the water. You would need to be buying an mp3 file for about $5 just in fees.

vTorrent is the only game in town.

So... where are those screens from?

Huh Huh

My computer, where else?

edit

why does bitcoin-core 0.14.0 still get blocked by virus software? You would think they have that sorted by now.

So it's not commented out from VTR's code.

The devs haven't released any yet. What they seem to have running in the clients are sections where the client will launch a bridge that will run a fully functioning BitTorrent client. 

Ohhhhh, they're JoyStream screenshots. I see.
legendary
Activity: 1288

Huh Huh

My computer, where else?

edit

why does bitcoin-core 0.14.0 still get blocked by virus software? You would think they have that sorted by now.

The devs haven't released any yet. What they seem to have running in the clients are sections where the client will launch a bridge that will run a fully functioning BitTorrent client. 

legendary

Huh Huh

My computer, where else?

edit

legendary

Huh Huh

My computer, where else?

edit

legendary

Huh Huh

My computer, where else?

edit

Activity: 613
Merit: 501
What are you talking about coins? Where did you get those screenshots from? There is a screenshot of early beta version of the client in the ANN and it doesn't look similar to those screenshots.
legendary
Once you move a file into a target directory, it seems like you can become a seller and set your price, from zero to whatever

Some of this stuff looks rather simple, but I guess the issues are not with the front end, but various aspects on the back-end

The actual generation of the torrent files is the easy part as that functionality has been tested and working on BitTorrent for years now.

Stopping fake seeders from earning revenues from your token and encrypting the various channels of communications is probably the harder part.

legendary
Was this commented out from the code already released?

Did you notice it's all in BTC and not VTR?

Just taking a look at what's what.

I think the @vtorrent implementation will be much better than this, probably closer to how uTorrent or similar actually looks and functions.

Code:

It seems to be a bridge to run the actual BitTorrent client. So there must be some two-way interaction with the QT wallet. So you should really see the benefits of two worlds in one place, either use each one on their own or together.
legendary
Some of this stuff looks rather simple, but I guess the issues are not with the front end, but various aspects on the back-end

The actual generation of the torrent files is the easy part as that functionality has been tested and working on BitTorrent for years now.

Stopping fake seeders from earning revenues from your token and encrypting the various channels of communications is probably the harder part.

Was this commented out from the code already released?
legendary

Activity: 437
Merit: 250
The upcoming hardfork does what exactly? thanks
Activity: 152
Sell now for used japanese car... Hodl for brand new ferarri
Thanks coins, must have missed that one.

Yeah, almost at 6k again  Smiley
Activity: 152
Only 5 BTC to new ATH
Pages:
Jump to: