Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WEBD][CPU][POW&POS] 🌍 WebDollar - Currency of the Internet | in browser - page 24. (Read 43671 times)

Activity: 232
Merit: 0
and this month the first exchange should be here too.
Also can you please confirm that the first Exchange almost ready because only 8 days left until the end of July ?
And have you already written a website, code, rented dedicated servers, hired support staff for the first Exchange ?
So you just ignored this question. Ok.

Obviously that will probably not have any exchange. First stable pools, then exchange. It has been said over and over again.
There is no technical relation between the pool and the Exchange. Doesn't matter what will be first.
And if there is problem with pool, nothing prevents to launch Exchange.
Otherwise, it looks like an excuse. Something like - we decided that pools must be first, so if we will have problems with pools during the year, we will not launch Exchange for a year.

sorry for missing your question, I am not really active here on this forum as I am on telegram. For being listed on a exchange we need to finish our API. Due to last weeks where we were attacked we have to delay few days the mining pools and exchange listing. First exchange will be an exchange made for WebDollar ecosystem and the next ones will be other exchanges listings. But for this we will need first of all to finish the API.
And API will be finished...? Tomorrow ?

As I told before we had to handle the attacks in the last weeks, so we will delay exchange listing to Q3 of this year. We will change the whole road map too by adding new features for the new Webdollar ecosystem plan
1. About attacks.
There were simple botnet attack, which simply raised the mining difficulty. It happens with all coins everyday.
In one word, they just stole the wallet from the dev PC, which was not encrypted enough.
No vulnerabilities were found, WD network wasn't hacked. Nothing serious was happened. The blockchain was secured and resisted all the above attacks.
In this case I don't understand this "handle the attacks in the last weeks=> we will delay exchange"
How those attacks which did not change anything in fact, caused a delay of the Exchange release and influenced API.

2. About Roadmap.
You told about Roadmap changing 7 days ago.
- To change the road map because few thinks delayed and add a new feature with a voting system for the community members and a live road map with the status of all work in progress tasks.
How many days are required to print a new plan ?

3. About WebRTC.
You always talk about anonymity and that you want to use it in your ecosystem (pools, wallets, Exchange, etc).
I don't want to talk about Javascript, who is an enemy of anonymity because of fingerprint: OS, browser, language, city, ISP, IP range, headers, screen resolution, etc. Javascript will tell all about you to website owner. There's nothing you can do about it. Mining in browser (solo/pool) will not work without JS. And this is bad. Or may be you can do something with it ?
But WebRTC is one of anonymity enemy too. So what for you want to use it ? Is it so necessary ? Or it will be optional, if you want - you will use, if not - not use.
Will I lose the full functionality of the WD system if WebRTC disabled in my browser?

1. Because we worked to close the opened doors for the attackers.

2. If you will check the github you can see the roadmap was changed but it will be released on the main website in the same time with mining pools. You can also see it on the Experimental mining pools for the moment.

3. If you're mining in browser yes, but then you can switch to terminal.
Activity: 1622
Merit: 270
Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game
Also can you please confirm that the first Exchange almost ready because only 8 days left until the end of July ?
And have you already written a website, code, rented dedicated servers, hired support staff for the first Exchange ?

Obviously that will probably not have any exchange. First stable pools, then exchange. It has been said over and over again.
There is no technical relation between the pool and the Exchange. Doesn't matter what will be first.
Otherwise, it looks like an excuse. Something like - we decided that pools must be first, so if we will have problems with pools during the year, we will not launch Exchange for a year.

sorry for missing your question, I am not really active here on this forum as I am on telegram. For being listed on a exchange we need to finish our API. Due to last weeks where we were attacked we have to delay few days the mining pools and exchange listing. First exchange will be an exchange made for WebDollar ecosystem and the next ones will be other exchanges listings. But for this we will need first of all to finish the API.

As I told before we had to handle the attacks in the last weeks, so we will delay exchange listing to Q3 of this year. We will change the whole road map too by adding new features for the new Webdollar ecosystem plan
1. About attacks.
There were simple botnet attack, which simply raised the mining difficulty. It happens with all coins everyday.
In one word, they just stole the wallet from the dev PC, which was not encrypted enough.
No vulnerabilities were found, WD network wasn't hacked. Nothing serious was happened. The blockchain was secured and resisted all the above attacks.
In this case I don't understand this "handle the attacks in the last weeks=> we will delay exchange"
How those attacks which did not change anything in fact, caused a delay of the Exchange release and influenced API.

2. About Roadmap.
You told about Roadmap changing 7 days ago.
- To change the road map because few thinks delayed and add a new feature with a voting system for the community members and a live road map with the status of all work in progress tasks.
How many days are required to print a new plan ?

3. About WebRTC.
You always talk about anonymity and that you want to use it in your ecosystem (pools, wallets, Exchange, etc).
I don't want to talk about Javascript, who is an enemy of anonymity because of fingerprint: OS, browser, language, city, ISP, IP range, headers, screen resolution, etc. Javascript will tell all about you to website owner. There's nothing you can do about it. Mining in browser (solo/pool) will not work without JS. And this is bad. Or may be you can do something with it ?
But WebRTC is one of anonymity enemy too. So what for you want to use it ? Is it so necessary ? Or it will be optional, if you want - you will use, if not - not use.
Will I lose the full functionality of the WD system if WebRTC disabled in my browser?

Activity: 62
The task is really difficult for web developers, because at the moment Web applications can not communicate with an Internet protocol that is not native to the browser or the HTTP layer.

Exactly, mostly because all other blockchain use sockets and their own TCP/IP protocol, while WebDollar is using HTTP/HTTPS as an internet protocol to communicate with browsers.  Moreover, WebDollar also has integrated WebRTC to allow the communication between two browsers directly.

I really like your website webdollar.io, but he's just working very slow, perhaps a problem with the hosting. It`s worth paying attention to it!

Thanks!  The website webdollar.io is fully consensus to in order to become consensus you download a lot of data and your CPU is using a lot of power to validate the proofs in order to become trust-less   Cool
Activity: 910
Merit: 520
I really like your website webdollar.io, but he's just working very slow, perhaps a problem with the hosting. It`s worth paying attention to it!
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007
The task is really difficult for web developers, because at the moment Web applications can not communicate with an Internet protocol that is not native to the browser or the HTTP layer.

Activity: 42

Activity: 1015
Merit: 289
Are the pools in beta working again? Is the following beta-pool stable enough?

https://webdollar.ddns.net:9094/pool/0/WebDollarExperimentalPool/0.02/WEBD$gDU+tP3@42@L9$Is463vDJi4IKrabPNNn$$/93ba881950314cca579d4f8699a6bc67695ec7292bceadb6f6709b70beba774a/https:$$webdollar.ddns.net/https:$$webdollar.ddns.net:80

Waiting for the final version..

Terminals are the safest way, but don't forget to encrypt your wallet! Also, Browser wallets are safe because they are stored on your computer, but don't forget to encrypt the wallet with a strong password that is stored in your brain. I personally didn't encrypt my wallet and somebody took it from my computer....  Roll Eyes

I am not so sure if you know, but our dev community has a trello where we follow our dev progress. You can check it out

https://i.imgur.com/stB7IL7.png

Trello Link https://trello.com/b/V7P9WLPj/dev-tasks
Activity: 350
Merit: 104

It's all about trust, so use STUPID PUBLICITY. They are 100% trustworthy.

I do not know, you already have wallets with more than 10.000.000,00 coins, without even having a pool that works well. Angry Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin

The hacking story is just a publicity stunt to delay the mining pools. The webdollar cryptocurrency was designed for the devs own benefit (and their miner friends), they will delay pools as much as possible. Experimental pools are just a way for naive people to waste their resources (they intentionally have suboptimal implementation). Don't touch this cryptocurrency, it's not for the people.

Man you're totally from another planet. Go and cry on your ICO made project. All investors lost there millions dollars and now you're trying with any weapon to recover your invention. Smiley)))) You're a joke with your project. If WEBD is as bad as you consider why are you wasting your time and energy to steal community from us? Smiley

I wish this project will be useful. A rather interesting website, arguable job, flawless website!

Thank you!!

No installations and no downloads but somewhere the coins need to be stored. Only in web wallets then?

The website is creating for you automatically an wallet. But you can create others by yourself. The wallets are stored using indexeDB in your browser and you have the option to download them for cold storage.

So this is a testnet, right? The coins don't actually count?

Nope, is the main net.

I have never done that before to be honest. It it still a decentralized solution or does anything in the browser store information that can steal the coins?

Yes it is totally decentralized. The browser is saving only on your computer the wallets, but you can use those in terminal too. You have two ways to use your wallet. Via browser or terminal.

Is using the terminal the safer way? Browsers can be easily infected or not? Terminals seem to be more safe.
Activity: 1330
Merit: 251

the first important point is the pools, the second is the stock exchange ... all the rest on these 43 pages is your dispute about who is right and who is to blame, I think if there was no "black PR" from deer_hunter89, here it would be written several pages... and about this coin with your promises would have already been forgotten.
 perhaps you need to pay wages deer_hunter89  Wink he makes you a marketing company.
seriously,  it's like a bad movie, you look only to see what to end!  Angry

p.s. I apologize if I was rude, I already regret that I have several coins and I have to constantly read this nonsense.
Activity: 19

Do you think that devs confirmation actually carries any weight? After all the delays and straight-out lies?
Do you really think any exchange will accept this untrustworthy project?

If you are lucky, they will build a private exchange with very low liquidity. At least they can issue hardforks when their exchange will get hacked.
But pretty much the webdollar project is going to fail. Don't waste your time & cycles on this.
Interesting! What consensus are you using? Any ICO? Any CPU or minimum computer requirements?

The Blockchain was developed from scratch on our GitHub https://github.com/WebDollar/Node-WebDollar We have over 14 contribuitors. The conesnsus is 40 seconds, proof of work.

We didn't held any ICO or any pre-sale.

A modest computer, and for running a full node over 1.5 gb ram. We will fix this as we load the entire blockchain in RAM for the moment.
Activity: 145
Merit: 6
Interesting! What consensus are you using? Any ICO? Any CPU or minimum computer requirements?
I know. Pools are in beta more than month.

Still no exchange or pool

We have experimental mining pools on the main network. https://webdollar.ddns.net:9094/pool/0/WebDollar%20Experimental%20Pool/0.02/WEBD$gDU+tP3@42@L9$Is463vDJi4IKrabPNNn$$/93ba881950314cca579d4f8699a6bc67695ec7292bceadb6f6709b70beba774a/https:$$webdollar.ddns.net/https:$$webdollar.ddns.net:80

We're working to finish pools this week for the official pools with referral release and bounty program and this month the first exchange should be here too.

And as you can see, one of your team member told that "finish pools this week for the official pools". And it was July 2. But today is July 22.

Probably it was me who said that we will finish the pools. Unfortunately, we can't predict the future. All the time, we try our BEST pushing ourselves to the limit, but always there are a few things to do before finishing them. Either we get troubles with the automatic payments from the pool or from the "person" who is flooding the network.

Regarding the status of the Pools. It looks we were able to finish the automatic payments. We are still improving it everyday.

https://i.imgur.com/QvO61D2.png

https://i.imgur.com/jKDlETd.png

Cheers  Cool
Pages:
Jump to: