Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][WHRL] WhirlCoin | WhirlPool Algorithm | Sloped Rewards |AMD + CUDA Equal - page 37. (Read 118096 times)

legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
Really sorry to all those who have been mining - A simple typo in the post, the total is 168,000,000, not 680,000,000

U are sorry but u don't amend your mistake ? OP not updated.
good that's better I guess, that's what some people were asking for... done  Grin even without a fork
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
any idea what's the break even price for AMD miner ?

Since the coin isn't on any exchange yet, it's impossible to say. Best bet is guessing its worth.

Huh I am asking break even point for electricity. It can be calculated and a price is the out come of the calculation
this is where the bad crypto calculation occurs and why the price of many coin is so low:

"break even point" means... I make as much profit as if I wasn't running at all... (meaning I mine for free...  Grin this isn't a profit, this is a lost of time and ressource,)

Yeah. I figure out people use this kind of calculation. Thats why price are low. I want to know what's the price for this coin. It doesn't matter if its bad or good, if everybody is using it, it become a data to analyze
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Really sorry to all those who have been mining - A simple typo in the post, the total is 168,000,000, not 680,000,000

LOL.

U are sorry but u don't amend your mistake ? OP not updated.
legendary

Since the coin isn't on any exchange yet, it's impossible to say. Best bet is guessing its worth.

Huh I am asking break even point for electricity. It can be calculated and a price is the out come of the calculation
this is where the bad crypto calculation occurs and why the price of many coin is so low:

"break even point" means... I make as much profit as if I wasn't running at all... (meaning I mine for free...  Grin this isn't a profit, this is a lost of time and ressource,)
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
nVidia - new King in mining.  Smiley Roll Eyes
ok here a new windows binaries with ADL support and a somewhat better kernel (github updated with the new kernel as well, the old one is still there and is called whirlcoin_old.cl)

https://mega.co.nz/#!IANXkDaT!kVW3Ov9Y9t_8qkjkAjA6QxWRPeIK8rqLRx-FKPhBt4Y

I get about 50% more hashrate with my card (290x) however you need to watch the temp (as it can go pretty high)...
The best config I found was -g 4 -w 128 (but the temp can be real high... I insist on that, really keep an eye on the temp... I decline any responsibility if you melt your card...  Grin)

perf. R9 290x from 4.2Mhash --> 6.somethingMHash/s
(this is faster, but clearly not nvidia fast  Grin... )

There we go. AMD upgrade.

I am sure this coin will be below 1k sat with the upgrade.

When AMD get upgrade, they get more coin, they get more coin , they dump more coin.
legendary
ok here a new windows binaries with ADL support and a somewhat better kernel (github updated with the new kernel as well, the old one is still there and is called whirlcoin_old.cl)

https://mega.co.nz/#!IANXkDaT!kVW3Ov9Y9t_8qkjkAjA6QxWRPeIK8rqLRx-FKPhBt4Y

I get about 50% more hashrate with my card (290x) however you need to watch the temp (as it can go pretty high)...
The best config I found was -g 4 -w 128 (but the temp can be real high... I insist on that, really keep an eye on the temp... I decline any responsibility if you melt your card...  Grin)

perf. R9 290x from 4.2Mhash --> 6.somethingMHash/s
(this is faster, but clearly not nvidia fast  Grin... )

Aah, that makes a lot more sense. It all depends on the amount of energy being used by your card and your power costs.

People have been guessing a price of 200-1000 sat

1k sat is not worth mining at this diff

People have been guessing a price of 200-1000 sat
Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Activity: 33
Merit: 0
I can't make the ccMiner work for my GTX460 is it too old ?

My friend's GTX 670 not working too :/

To be more precise : the miner is launched but there is no accepted share coming (nor refused....)

> The windows binary of ccminer available here is compiled for Compute 3.0, 3.5 and newer cards (32-bit version only) in a single binary, so it will not work on older cards.

Okay that what I was thinking about.

The strange thing is that it's working on my GT650M but not on the GTX670...

Edit: Okay I found my friend hasn't got a 670 but a 570Ti.... :/
Activity: 123
Merit: 100

To be more precise : the miner is launched but there is no accepted share coming (nor refused....)

> The windows binary of ccminer available here is compiled for Compute 3.0, 3.5 and newer cards (32-bit version only) in a single binary, so it will not work on older cards.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0

i think you have a little more

No I just have very low ping to europe nodes, it helps sometimes with low diff.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 531
How many hashpower?

i5 3470 setgenerate true 4 at start  Smiley
Then I tried to mine when GPU miner was released. GTX 770 give around 8.4 mh/s. See that 82 coins? It's mined by GPU lol.

Oh yes low hash (i think you have a little more), but not too bad for instamine other  Wink

We just need to wait for an exchange now, like amph said, i don't want to mine it if the price is poor
Pages:
Jump to: