Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][X11][PoS only] NinjaCoin - Ninja Launch - Hard fork 1.2.2 - page 17. (Read 69024 times)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Dedicatedpool does not agree with rolling back.  Bittrex should not be forced to lose BTC on this matter.  Dedicatedpool has stayed on the old wallet, and Bittrex will as well.

This was not Bittrex's fault.  Shit happens unfortunately, but you can't except them to take the hit on this.

If Bittrex stays on the old wallet, how are you guys going to sell your NJA?

If i have roll back the chain it's because there was a very small error but with huge problems on PoS. It's not that it was not working but it worked too well.
Millions or billions of coins were created in no time with staking. It's just not possible to stay on the old wallet.

The rollback was very short, maybe 3 hours ago to get in a sane blockchain with correct staking reward.

For a 3 hours problem, i think it's better to roll back a little. No other choice.
Activity: 120
Merit: 100
well new wallet compiles fine on linux but seg faults upon launching. good thing i only mined like a K of this coin lol
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Dedicatedpool does not agree with rolling back.  Bittrex should not be forced to lose BTC on this matter.  Dedicatedpool has stayed on the old wallet, and Bittrex will as well.

This was not Bittrex's fault.  Shit happens unfortunately, but you can't except them to take the hit on this.

If Bittrex stays on the old wallet, how are you guys going to sell your NJA?

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Kaspa
[...]

lol and to the greedy s.o.b's who put their obviously bad coins on to bittrex in the first place... thats some shaddy sh!t.

[...]

I couldn't agree more with you. In the banking system, if you deposit a fraudulent cheque and move the money before it is confirmed fraudulent, your bank account gets debited and you loose the money. Plain and simple.
It has to work that way even if scams exists around this, because we cannot allow for the creation of money out of fraudulent transactions.

So, I would have to say that the exchange is "in part" responsible for the fuck up, since they rely 100% on the coin network security, do not implement any deposit validations on there side, and won't do anything in case the coin network is abused. In clear, they are somewhat negligent and irresponsible: they assume that the coin network is always reliable at all time, and have no mechanism to ensure that a commodity does not get destroyed if the network stops working properly for a moment.

But, their responsibility is minimal compared to those trading the "glitch coins", and the coin network operator (the dev?).

My 2 NJAs on the issue...

yuppers if a bank can prove you knowingly were trying to give them a bad check you get charged with fraud or attempted fraud.

EDIT: once the states put some more reg's/laws on the books it'll give a good exchange the ability to report to ban and hopefully charge people who knowingly try to rip their other customers off with dirty coins like some of these "ninja's" did.

It'll help slowly weed scammers out, good exchanges that try to protect their customers will flourish while the others will wither and die, just like the coins with real people,dev's,teams standing beside them are going to do awesome in the long run and the rest with newb (anon) dev's will fade in to the history books.

legendary
Kaspa
If the missing dll is libwinpthread-1.dll, it's in the official download zip. I have udated it a some times ago.

just tried yet again... and no dl etc warnings... it just straight up crash's on launch every time I try it.

"golf clap"

Activity: 4
[...]

lol and to the greedy s.o.b's who put their obviously bad coins on to bittrex in the first place... thats some shaddy sh!t.

[...]

I couldn't agree more with you. In the banking system, if you deposit a fraudulent cheque and move the money before it is confirmed fraudulent, your bank account gets debited and you loose the money. Plain and simple.
It has to work that way even if scams exists around this, because we cannot allow for the creation of money out of fraudulent transactions.

So, I would have to say that the exchange is "in part" responsible for the fuck up, since they rely 100% on the coin network security, do not implement any deposit validations on there side, and won't do anything in case the coin network is abused. In clear, they are somewhat negligent and irresponsible: they assume that the coin network is always reliable at all time, and have no mechanism to ensure that a commodity does not get destroyed if the network stops working properly for a moment.

But, their responsibility is minimal compared to those trading the "glitch coins", and the coin network operator (the dev?).

My 2 NJAs on the issue...
Activity: 565
Merit: 500
Crypto enthusiast for years.
new wallet fails to load on windows. application error.
Same error.

Same here, cant load. Did clean load, not working.
legendary
Activity: 1470
NOT WORK THE WALLET FOR A RUNTIME ERROR.
FIX THEM.
If the missing dll is libwinpthread-1.dll, it's in the official download zip. I have udated it a some times ago.
legendary
Activity: 964

it was QtCore4.dll that made my wallet crash... il just wait till tomorrow and see what dev comes up with.. time to hit the sack

Well I have only missed this DLL. I can upload all dlls I have in dir with wallet if somebody need it. As usuall without fuckin' virus etc. I'm not interested in this shit.

yeah same thing with the new dll.
Activity: 672
Not work with .ddl,  also i have deleted all files except wallet.dat from roaming, and not work.

Is a Runtime Error.

Yep same here, deleted everything except the wallet, used old dll, tried new dll, same shit.

Come guys, let it together eh?
Activity: 574

it was QtCore4.dll that made my wallet crash... il just wait till tomorrow and see what dev comes up with.. time to hit the sack

Well I have only missed this DLL. I can upload all dlls I have in dir with wallet if somebody need it. As usuall without fuckin' virus etc. I'm not interested in this shit.
legendary
Kaspa
I blame dev and un tested code, or purposely messed up code either way it's the dev's f#ck up not an exchanges

if we don't know how to read the code ourselves then it's the risk we take by mining/buying  a brand new coin by a dev with little to no reputation. we take the responsibility by clicking the buy button or mining it... it's just as much our fault for pushing it on to an exchange before any of us had the code looked at.

how many of you sent your millions of staked coins to bittrex? instead of coming here to find out what was wrong and to alert the community of the problem before it became a big cluster f#ck like we have here. selling dirty coins is worse than a lazy dev releasing un tested code... unless the dev did it on purpose then he's just a little bit worse than the sellers of dirty coins.

anywho good luck out there people, NEVER go deeper on a coin (especially a new coin) than your willing to lose... nothing is guaranteed in crypto land, if you can't read the code yourselves it's straight up gambling. a risk I knew I was taking as I was taking it. with anon dev's or next to 0 reputation dev's it's like buying lottery tickets.
Activity: 585

legendary
Activity: 1470
Not work with .ddl,  also i have deleted all files except wallet.dat from roaming, and not work.

Is a Runtime Error.
Activity: 585
well this sucked some..,
any way i jumped on the p2pool for a while, lets see how this pans out...
See yal tomorrow..
Same error.

Have you make the steps i describe in the OP ?
You have to delete everything except the wallet.dat in roaming folder.

I have include the missing libwinpthread file.

We have now 2 pools on the good fork. Let's keep it running and search a exchange.

Maybe we could ask poloniex to trade our NJA on the good fork ?
This way we won't lost everything and the story can continue.

To make thing clear, the only that has "lost" something is bittrex. I understand well why they can't switch to the good fork but other exchanges can accept us, the coin is still good. And poloniex or mintpal can see this as a sort of exclusivity since bittrex is out.

It can be a bad thing for a good thing  Smiley
(any news if bittrex is on good fork for withdraw ?)
Activity: 826
Same error.

Copy the dll from the old wallet. If you need it I have it still.
Pages:
Jump to: