Author

Topic: [ANN][XC] >> Mandatory Update to new Wallet - The first POS X11 anonymous wallet - page 152. (Read 268504 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
stop shorting guys. Hold dont make the same mistakes 90% of the darkcoin early buyers did.

This +1

Check out the diminishing supply on Poloniex, people are heeding this advice.

Interesting only 29k left on Polo sell orders.
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
stop shorting guys. Hold dont make the same mistakes 90% of the darkcoin early buyers did.

This +1

Check out the diminishing supply on Poloniex, people are heeding this advice.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Activity: 168
OK here are the issues I have with XC right now. I hope the dev can shine some light on these:

1. An example of a mixed transaction shows x30 denomination inputs for the one output logged in the blockchain. That seems to be the original transaction being split up and moved through pools. Will this create bloat?
2. Currently the dev, by his own admission, operates the masternodes. That makes the trust centralized and the coin far from anonymous, if the trust is broken. Will the dev be moving to decentralized nodes and how does he plan to create incentives for others to host?
3. How is this currently any better than DarkWallet, which mixes coins through a central server?

Hoping for an answer here. Thanks.

#1 - x30 seems pretty high, can you send me a screenshot?

#2 - Valid points and completely agree somewhat, yes the goal is move to a more decentralized solution leveraging the new encrypted application protocol layer

#3 - There are some key points, the mixer technology will be multi-path across a cluster of xnodes which runs over the encrypted protocol, so it won't be a central server, it would be similar to a distributed cluster, and the data is encapsulated inside that encrypted tunnel to prevent off-the wire sniffing (or off-the-air* for the mobile platform)...

OK thanks for this. #2 is a very important next step.

re #1 this is the transaction I was going off:

i don't know how exactly it works.

but at first it split 1 xc  into 2 sending to 2 different address, then on the receiving address it show exactly as the screenshot.

it works. legit.

the receiving address is here  XJnHZUaD95mdPDrjXJXLU7vuAC9PVcmomW

you can check on explorer

legendary
Activity: 882
Man that UFH (Unidentified Flying Hashrate) is making mining really difficult.
500Ghs of Nethash and we can link only ~40Ghs to pools  Huh But where is waldo?

possibly a solomine setup..... i highly doubt FPGA as there is no proof such a thing is real yet.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Man that UFH (Unidentified Flying Hashrate) is making mining really difficult.
500Ghs of Nethash and we can link only ~40Ghs to pools  Huh But where is waldo?
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Long Term Investor with Short Term Memory Loss
Last Call!! get your cheap coins now , while dark is frozen , cause when they unfreeze it ...IT Will be a black friday at wallmart. Cool

Wow, Aprrox. 1.5k BTC volume for XC @ Mintpal.
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049
#3 - There are some key points, the mixer technology will be multi-path across a cluster of xnodes which runs over the encrypted protocol, so it won't be a central server, it would be similar to a distributed cluster, and the data is encapsulated inside that encrypted tunnel to prevent off-the wire sniffing (or off-the-air* for the mobile platform)...

Keep in mind you'll need a lot of DDOS protection and fault tolerance. Back in Feb-March, the first DRK's nodes were being DDOSed to "halt" anonymous transactions.

legendary
Activity: 971
legendary
Activity: 1008
So reducing the amount of total coins is gonna spike the price high and it should be stable. Less coins the better

Hold ur coins, this is just the start fellas.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
OK here are the issues I have with XC right now. I hope the dev can shine some light on these:

1. An example of a mixed transaction shows x30 denomination inputs for the one output logged in the blockchain. That seems to be the original transaction being split up and moved through pools. Will this create bloat?
2. Currently the dev, by his own admission, operates the masternodes. That makes the trust centralized and the coin far from anonymous, if the trust is broken. Will the dev be moving to decentralized nodes and how does he plan to create incentives for others to host?
3. How is this currently any better than DarkWallet, which mixes coins through a central server?

#1 - x30 seems pretty high, can you send me a screenshot?

#2 - Valid points and completely agree somewhat, yes the goal is move to a more decentralized solution leveraging the new encrypted application protocol layer

legendary
Activity: 980
Traveling in subspace
Can someone pass along some cudminer settings for XC? Would be much appreciated.
Activity: 111
Last Call!! get your cheap coins now , while dark is frozen , cause when they unfreeze it ...IT Will be a black friday at wallmart. Cool
Activity: 69
Activity: 168

Activity: 840
The only problem with #XC on twitter is that you get a ton of cross country tweets.

Another marketing point.

yes, twitter was updated to https://twitter.com/XCplatform

I will devote some time tomorrow morning to the branding and  marketing and catching up on everything that was put on the back burner during the last week...

Be sure to send me a pm  Wink Take a rest you deserve it.
Activity: 840
With all respect for your work, the brand identy of this coin has not been given sufficient consideration.

Agree. But maybe they know it won't matter. Maybe they don't have long term plans. Hope I'm wrong though.

I think the XC is perfect sorry but so do a lot of people here. Also, I'm not part of the team just to make that clear.

I believe that judging from the future roadmap the dev has laid out, he has future long term plans.

Edit: ^ Well there you go
With all respect for your work, the brand identy of this coin has not been given sufficient consideration.

Agree. But maybe they know it won't matter. Maybe they don't have long term plans. Hope I'm wrong though.

I did give it a lot of consideration and yes there are LONG TERM plans...
The only problem with #XC on twitter is that you get a ton of cross country tweets.

Another marketing point.

yes, twitter was updated to https://twitter.com/XCplatform

I will devote some time tomorrow morning to the branding and  marketing and catching up on everything that was put on the back burner during the last week...

Jump to: