Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 29. (Read 578457 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 5
Quick question on XCN: is it possible to create two transactions, from and to similar addresses with a similar amount of XCN?

More concrete, suppose I wish to buy two products from a vendor online. First, I create a transaction: A --> B, amount X
Then immediately after my purchase, I decide I wish to buy another product with the same price, soL: A --> B, amount X.

Now there's two transactions from account A, to account B, with amount X. Would that be considered valid (taking into account a scenario where one transaction is re-submitted)?
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
can someone link me to the newest nvidia miner for this coin?
Activity: 175
Merit: 113
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Someone, please upload current blockchain to google driver or mega, it really takes forever to sync!
Just zip this folder "c:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\Cryptonite\blocks".

Cryptochainer.com alreadi did that: https://mega.nz/#!nxBjQbrK!PUroY1aeERBcN3JyEn_NIi23SND1kwE8gduOd9PPscw

Unfortunately, I was unable to use it with latest wallet in Windows7. Wallet crashes during loading, I tried it in different configurations (remove all data before unpacking archive, overwrite existing files etc). Perhaps it is an incomplete blockchain, "blocks" folder is only 130MB, my current "blocks" folder is about 700MB and I still have to sync 200K blocks more.

Try not using the gui/qt and just launch daemon. The gui is super flaky on Windows ime.

It crashes with the same error, something about loading blocks from disk. Can anyone confirm that this 130MB blockchain works? I think it does not work at all. Or better upload good blockchain please!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
Someone, please upload current blockchain to google driver or mega, it really takes forever to sync!

Cryptochainer.com alreadi did that: https://mega.nz/#!nxBjQbrK!PUroY1aeERBcN3JyEn_NIi23SND1kwE8gduOd9PPscw

Unfortunately, I was unable to use it with latest wallet in Windows7. Wallet crashes during loading, I tried it in different configurations (remove all data before unpacking archive, overwrite existing files etc). Perhaps it is an incomplete blockchain, "blocks" folder is only 130MB, my current "blocks" folder is about 700MB and I still have to sync 200K blocks more.

Try not using the gui/qt and just launch daemon. The gui is super flaky on Windows ime.

legendary
Activity: 1208
Merit: 1003

Activity: 24
Download wallet blocks lasts more than two day.Yet more than 50,000 blocks. How to speed up the process?
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
long time no see guys, maybe a years when i left this coin. How this coin doing?
Still going higher. At this point up 10x from a few weeks ago. I wonder if something is up? Seems a poor candidate for a takeover scam given the very, very slow emission curve.

Assuming it's not abandonware, XCN was (is?) very oversold.

Mini-blockchain is still a very cool idea, even if Nobody Cares at the moment.

+1

Too bad I sold my XCN below 50 Satoshis some months ago after realising developer is actualy not a coder.  Tongue

It doesn't need a coder for a good idea Smiley
And once the concept stands, more or less any coder can do the job. So it's good that it's open source. It seems, though, as if nothing's happening there. Understandable given the little popularity of the coin.
Fortunately, it's working - at least under windows. And I trust in it given that it's the only solution so far for bitcoin's lack of scalability (only ~7 transactions / sec max) and long-term handleability (block chain size).
Or is there anything else around that solves these problems?
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
Still going higher. At this point up 10x from a few weeks ago. I wonder if something is up? Seems a poor candidate for a takeover scam given the very, very slow emission curve.

+1

Too bad I sold my XCN below 50 Satoshis some months ago after realising developer is actualy not a coder.  Tongue

yeah but open source. and if anyone ever gets interested in developing this coin, or this type of technology, I'm assuming its easier to take something over than relaunch.
Activity: 651
Merit: 518

+1

Activity: 79
Merit: 10
Anyone got any news about the recent price jump? Smiley

I came here after I "Suddenly" found a lot of ads on my faucet website and a lot of activity on claims, and I was just wondering what just happened!!

LOL
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

And every coin with a unique proof-of-work accrues value every day it continues to exist, as a backup/adjunct to Bitcoin if for no other reason.

Too bad sidechains don't work, or we could bolt Confidential Transactions onto this thing and take it out to Bonneville.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Activity: 15
Not sure.. pump that may be followed by dump..  I mine this coin and cashed in 2mil in return for 5btc,  the rest I'll hang on to.  Certainly nice to see some trading activity Smiley
Anyone got any news about the recent price jump? Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: