Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 31. (Read 578458 times)

legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
I think the concept above this coin is extremly powerfull but perhaps the dev should debug a little the code, the miniblockchain probably will be the future

dev fatigue probably ... 2014-15 has been long and difficult

great idea with xcn, just difficult times for solo alt coin devs
Sorry guys Fallout 4 has consumed my life, you know how it is. Lol seriously though there are a few reasons I haven't done much with Cryptonite recently. One is because I've been working on BitShop and other things which actually make me a profit unlike Cryptonite which has only cost me money so far. However the main reason is probably because I had trouble getting the fully encrypted web wallet to work because Cryptonite structures and signs transactions differently from any other altcoin, so I basically had to recreate all of that code in javascript and it was more than I wanted to deal with.

Now for some good news:

I recently came back to the client side encrypted web wallet to give it one last try and I have finally gotten past the hardest hurdle: serializing and signing Cryptonite transactions. It took a lot of debugging but I finally figured it out and now I have a much clearer understanding of how Cryptonite transactions are handled. Now that I have the core infrastructure in place the rest should be a breeze, nothing I haven't really done before. It should take a week or two to get it released, although we are close to Christmas so it may take slightly longer.
Activity: 130
Merit: 100
XCN mini-blockchain has real innovation, so meets the requirements of SuperNET to be a 'core coin'. SN has a lot of developer firepower too.

XCN should reach out to SuperNET!!
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008
I think the concept above this coin is extremly powerfull but perhaps the dev should debug a little the code, the miniblockchain probably will be the future

There is no developer. There is a guy who paid someone else to code it all and now he struggles finding someone to make changes to existing code. So do not expect much happening here so soon.

whoever's hodling just needs to put up some bounties for development. that might spur things along and/or pay for another developer.
Activity: 651
Merit: 518

There is no developer. There is a guy who paid someone else to code it all and now he struggles finding someone to make changes to existing code. So do not expect much happening here so soon.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100

dev fatigue probably ... 2014-15 has been long and difficult

great idea with xcn, just difficult times for solo alt coin devs
legendary
Activity: 966
Activity: 773
Merit: 508
Bitcore (BTX) - The Future is Now
I still love this coin!!!  Grin
Activity: 146
Merit: 10
What a stupid wallet at this coin? Do not run it 3 months, he began to re-resynchronization, which lasted 4,5 days! And this is called a coin wallet with lighter? Yes Bitcoin wallet quickly pumped! It took another 1.5 weeks, run - resynchronization again! Now the 'only' for 16,000 units, but judging by the speed, it will take 10 hours ...
Activity: 556
Merit: 501

Hey, it's working good now Smiley

Download bootstrap from enerbyte above and put it at your xcn folder, let it syncs for a while (about 1 hour for me) and finally the wallet is up. Thank you so much Enerbyte!

you are welcome!
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115
Hi Dev,
I'm on ubuntu and found the same problem, nodes are added from previous page also.

hope this can be solved.
Thanks.

Just tried to sync twice on Windows 10, and both times got stuck at 7 days behind, after adding different nodes and doing a fresh resync each time.
Activity: 556
Merit: 501
@jthor: There's not much else you can do, I guess just try it a few more times until it works.

@OrientA: The osx builds were created by some guys on the irc channel a while back, I don't have the tools or knowledge to create osx binaries myself. Maybe if someone has a copy of the osx files they could reupload them and post a link in this thread.

Is there a link for downloading the current blockchain? Hope someone mind to share that.
Thanks.

here I leave a copy of my blockchain, I hope you help.

https://mega.nz/#!8htg2bYL!H8BUM9d4ojNjovLvVUvh1Ba3j9uqLC1qCKPBGf5GB0k
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1115

Almost there, only uh...2147483748% to go Huh
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
@jthor: There's not much else you can do, I guess just try it a few more times until it works.

@OrientA: The osx builds were created by some guys on the irc channel a while back, I don't have the tools or knowledge to create osx binaries myself. Maybe if someone has a copy of the osx files they could reupload them and post a link in this thread.

How about a bounty?

A crowd-funding mechanism for crowd-sourced priorities like https://forum.getmonero.org/8/funding-required may be helpful.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

The download link is still not working, any progress of reactive it? We need the link for osx systems.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
Add some nodes from http://explorer.cryptonite.info/?page=peers then retry syncing.

I've added those nodes to my conf, but it's still the same: "Downloading headers, 6 days behind" .
Thanks.
You should just add the explorer node to your conf file and no others. Also delete your peers.dat file to ensure it does sync using the explorer node.
Activity: 651
Merit: 518
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
@aiwe: Qt has never really been stable on Win 8 or 10, not really sure why, I was hoping the new builds would work better but maybe not. Did you try adding just the explorer node to your conf file as I suggested a page or two ago?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1101
karbo.io
I have the same promlem as JasonSW - wallet stuck at 6 day(s) behind. Windows 10. Btw, wallet is called Bitcoin Core (OSS GUI client for Bitcoin) Cheesy
Hope someday I recover my few coins if they will be worth something.
Pages:
Jump to: