Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 95. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
3) Hope of future usefulness. This might be counted as speculation, or at least hedging against BTC. This might be where XCN fits in. I have no idea if the blockchain will be such a problem that it hinders BTC eventually. I don't think it's a real problem right now.
Cryptonite could be useful right now if we hard merchants because secure 0-conf transactions are possible when using withdrawal limits correctly, and instant secure transactions are something cryptocurrency desperately needs, people are used to the speeds offered by services like PayPal. The large BTC blockchain will never destroy Bitcoin, but it is already a hindrance to many people, for example I wont run a full Bitcoin node because I don't want to waste the disk space or bandwidth required to download the full chain. But with Cryptonite the network doesn't need to become increasingly centralized only by nodes capable of handling the full blockchain. A few years from now when the Bitcoin blockchain is over 100GB in size, the Cryptonite synchronization time will still be extremely fast and it will be very easy to become a full node and start mining, even with a very high transaction rate. The level of scalability Cryptonite offers is far superior to any other altcoin out there.

Yes, a lot of things could be useful had they been used. But they are not at the moment and we don't know if they ever will. That's what I mean with hope of future usefulness and also the reason I hold some XCN.
legendary
Activity: 1536
Merit: 1000
electronic [r]evolution
3) Hope of future usefulness. This might be counted as speculation, or at least hedging against BTC. This might be where XCN fits in. I have no idea if the blockchain will be such a problem that it hinders BTC eventually. I don't think it's a real problem right now.
Cryptonite could be useful right now if we had merchants because secure 0-conf transactions are possible when using withdrawal limits correctly, and instant secure transactions are something cryptocurrency desperately needs. The large BTC blockchain will never destroy Bitcoin, but it is already a hindrance to many people, for example I wont run a full Bitcoin node because I don't want to waste the disk space or bandwidth required to download the full chain. But with Cryptonite the network doesn't need to become increasingly centralized only by nodes capable of handling the full blockchain. A few years from now when the Bitcoin blockchain is over 100GB in size, the Cryptonite synchronization time will still be extremely fast and it will be very easy to become a full node and start mining, without wasting a huge amount of disk space of bandwidth. The level of scalability Cryptonite offers is far superior to any other altcoin out there.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
if lot miner leave and diff reduce because of low price im happy....

please everyone leave this coin its sinking no hope existing  Cool

more coin for me  Grin

in my opinion we are in a public "premine" phase
where pre doesnt mean pre release but pre promotion

accumulation is good, if the coin skyrocket later, but it's not guaranteed
legendary
Activity: 3052
Merit: 1053
bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds
if lot miner leave and diff reduce because of low price im happy....

please everyone leave this coin its sinking no hope existing  Cool

more coin for me  Grin

in my opinion we are in a public "premine" phase
where pre doesnt mean pre release but pre promotion
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
There's three reasons people buy an alt-coin that I can see.

1) Pure speculation: Thats 99% of all alts, because you really do anything with them that BTC doesn't already offer. That means most of them are pump-and-dump by nature.
So price may rise and fall, but it's at best a zero sum game.

2) Usefulness: Some of them actually offer something that BTC is not as good at. NXT for example has built in asset exchange. This may attract someone who actually uses that feature or someone wants to send more anonymously so they buy perhaps a coin like that (not sure anyone actually reduces anonymity with one of them at the moment, as they have to go through exchanges and whatnot)

I myself have bought a few thousand XCN in a combination of 1 & 3. I don't really care about the price right now, because the investment was very small. If you have such a big stake a coin that is this new and it's usefulness limited so that the price of the coin at this moments affect your personal finance you might reconsider your investment strategy.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
bitfreak, are you f'ing your self? come back to reality. WHO THE WILL BUY THIS COIN? huh who?

Chinese ?

They already are.  That's how I found it in the first place as it's been one of the top traded coin on Bter.
Activity: 68
Merit: 10
Geez people, relax about the price. It's low because there are a ton of coins and no one knows about XCN. The only way people can find out about this coin is by word of mouth or wading through the shit hole that is the altcoin announcements forum.
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
bitfreak, are you f'ing your self? come back to reality. WHO THE WILL BUY THIS COIN? huh who?
Lol I thought that same thing about dogecoin, and that didn't have any innovation at all.
Activity: 781
Merit: 501
wow like i said, additional 0 (zero) the price, it means worsthless now  Undecided
Activity: 868

Chinese ?
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
So did something happen?  Please don't say fud and trolls as there's always a "real" reason.
I'm guessing it's due to a combination of factors. I don't think we have any merchants accepting XCN yet, so features such as withdrawal limits and unmalleable transactions are pretty useless right now. We also haven't done much promotion or marketing yet, so we probably don't have a great deal of buy support right now. And on top of that the price of BTC is starting to drop again, causing the price of most altcoins to drop with it. I'm a very patient person though, and temporary price fluctuations mean very little to me. Given enough time XCN will easily get into the top 20 largest market caps once people realize how significant the underlying innovations are.
Activity: 686
Merit: 320
Couple weeks back I had a look at this coin and it seemed pretty interesting especially since the price seemed fairly stable after the initial drop.  Set myself a watch point on the price where I would consider buying some but it's dropped far past that and seems to be continuing to drop.

What's the current supply?  One thing I've noticed is that coins with a billion or more coins pretty much always end up having very low prices.

So did something happen?  Please don't say fud and trolls as there's always a "real" reason.
Activity: 26
Merit: 0
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
1 XCN = 0.0000098 BTC
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
+500 on ram? poor 750ti, they won't last long
Why would memory overclock significantly shorten the card's life? Those ddr5 memory chips consume next to nothing, raising memory clock by 500 MHz will probably add a couple W at most and make them 1-3 degrees hotter — no big deal. It's the gpu that consumes most power, and overvolting it might cause some trouble, but simply increasing memory clocks is as safe an overclock as it gets.

it's not all about temps, those gpu are not built to work at that clock, expect a crash

No, it's about binning. Some chips are better than others - my 750Tis take 1475/3500 just fine with no voltage increase.

Lowest point I observed in the miner was 5.15MH/s. Still improving.

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnwolf750ti8.png

well that's for sure, memory type is also important
legendary
electronic [r]evolution
How much hashing power would be required for the secret chain attack? Would it be 51% of the network hashing power for 10000 blocks?
Yes pretty much, but it's unlikely 10k blocks would be enough in a real attack.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
I have my 750Tis up to almost 5MH/s per card!

https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnwolf750ti5.png
How do you achieve that, I can only get 4.2 Mh per card ?

He is trying to sell u his miner
Apparently the latest ccminer binary from djm34 is just as fast as Wolf's private miner.

mega.co.nz/#!8RsDiJxY!61uRgJmlkr-Y_mwaE0HrCrzI-O85s71qhvW3f7kM3uQ

Wolf latest is faster. He got 5 mh whereas djm got around 4.6 - 4.7

So wolf version is around 10% faster
A person on the IRC channel is reporting an average of 5mh/s using the 750Ti. Are you sure you're using djm's latest build?

I don't think djm miner hit 5 mh on average. Djm report hash of 4.6 - 4.7.

Prepares that person on IRC is wolf or that person did some custom OC or flash card

+500 on ram? poor 750ti, they won't last long, and if everyone is getting 10% more there is no point in gaining that speed
I wouldn't try either +500 on the mem clock  Grin (with some earlier version I had a crash at 200... I didn't insist)
I run +135 on core +150 mem and it does 4.8MHash

Similar here: +140 / + 200 (one GPU has to run at +135 else it crashes). Mem could even be lower that I wouldn't see any difference at all. - Not sure why Zelante is pushing the mem at + 500.
last 0.0000108, we gonna have additional 0 soon lol  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: