Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XCN] Cryptonite | 1st mini-blockchain coin | M7 PoW | No Premine - page 94. (Read 578501 times)

legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Hit 5.2MH/s to 5.3MH/s per 750Ti: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnwolf750ti10.png

consumption? the ratio should be 1:1, so unless you have free power, it's pointless if you are reaching those value with oc only

OC doesn't matter with my miner.

your hash boost is only due to farther optimization of the code? that's good
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
What a useless coin, I am sure our friend "Hero Member" has made tons of BTC from this, Coins from newbie are better than this!

You sound exactly like the Buttcoin people talking about Bitcoin for the last 5 years.  They didn't listen in 2009 and they are still bitter about it.   Cheesy

Bitcoin = 21 Mil
XCN: 1.8 Billion Coin

Do your math!

At least compare apples to apples?

Edit: XCN can't even hold its value....

One of the stupidest comments I've read so far.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
What a useless coin, I am sure our friend "Hero Member" has made tons of BTC from this, Coins from newbie are better than this!

How does one make "tons of BTC" from a young coin with no premine? Please, try not to look too much like an idiot if you want your criticisms to be regarded as anything other than a joke or the rantings of an imbecile.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
XCN can't even hold its value....

When BTC crashed from $30 to $5 the haters said the same thing... Of course a noob like you won't remember that, but some of us have seen this movie before.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Bitcoin = 21 Mil

Who cares? That just means that 1 XCN is roughly comparable to 1 BTC-cent or 10 millibits. It's all relative.

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

You sound exactly like the Buttcoin people talking about Bitcoin for the last 5 years.  They didn't listen in 2009 and they are still bitter about it.   Cheesy

Bitcoin = 21 Mil

Do your math!

At least compare apples to apples?

Edit: XCN can't even hold its value....
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
the price can really only be found when there is full market distribution participation as at that point the free market distribution forces will be at their strongest.

but i hope that BitFreak is in some way in future compensated correctly for his beautiful innovation here.
legendary

You sound exactly like the Buttcoin people talking about Bitcoin for the last 5 years.  They didn't listen in 2009 and they are still bitter about it.   Cheesy
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
XCN's safe zero-confirmation transactions seem ideal for online poker.
How so? Quick deposits or something? What I really think Cryptonite may be good for is those dice games which generate a lot of micro-transactions, since we can handle such dust much better than a typical blockchain.

I'm guessing he's saying you could run the whole game on the blockchain. With no limit on transactions and/or problems with bloat I'd guess you can decentralize the whole thing.

But with a fee for every bet that might end up expensive? But probably much less so than regular rake.
Well the withdrawal limits need to be set up properly for secure 0-conf transactions to work, and like you said the fees may make it too expensive. A central poker server would still be faster and less expensive.

There are major trust issues with that. i.e. lots of people have been screwed out of lots of money using central poker servers (and other central anything servers for that matter). While XCN might very well not be the right solution to do this without a central server, the very strong need for such a solution should not be downplayed.
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
How so? Quick deposits or something? What I really think Cryptonite may be good for is those dice games which generate a lot of micro-transactions, since we can handle such dust much better than a typical blockchain.

I'm guessing he's saying you could run the whole game on the blockchain. With no limit on transactions and/or problems with bloat I'd guess you can decentralize the whole thing.

But with a fee for every bet that might end up expensive? But probably much less so than regular rake.
Well the withdrawal limits need to be set up properly for secure 0-conf transactions to work, and like you said the fees may make it too expensive. A central poker server would still be faster and less expensive.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
Hit 5.2MH/s to 5.3MH/s per 750Ti: https://ottrbutt.com/tmp/xcnwolf750ti10.png

consumption? the ratio should be 1:1, so unless you have free power, it's pointless if you are reaching those value with oc only
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010

Now that I think about it, this would sure be a killer-app for XCN, as this provides some usability right away that's hard to do with BTC.
legendary
Activity: 1512
quarkchain.io
So now when the price is speculated , whats happoning with AMD support compilation. It's a little bit quiet around the possibility creating an AMD miner for XCN
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Hoping the dumpers will sell into my wall at 100 satoshi, though I doubt it...  Grin

Pretty sure these people are gpu farms or botnets.
legendary
Activity: 1536
electronic [r]evolution
legendary
3) Hope of future usefulness. This might be counted as speculation, or at least hedging against BTC. This might be where XCN fits in. I have no idea if the blockchain will be such a problem that it hinders BTC eventually. I don't think it's a real problem right now.
Cryptonite could be useful right now if we had merchants because secure 0-conf transactions are possible when using withdrawal limits correctly, and instant secure transactions are something cryptocurrency desperately needs. The large BTC blockchain will never destroy Bitcoin, but it is already a hindrance to many people, for example I wont run a full Bitcoin node because I don't want to waste the disk space or bandwidth required to download the full chain. But with Cryptonite the network doesn't need to become increasingly centralized only by nodes capable of handling the full blockchain. A few years from now when the Bitcoin blockchain is over 100GB in size, the Cryptonite synchronization time will still be extremely fast and it will be very easy to become a full node and start mining, without wasting a huge amount of disk space of bandwidth. The level of scalability Cryptonite offers is far superior to any other altcoin out there.

XCN's safe zero-confirmation transactions seem ideal for online poker.  Shall I PM crazy old Micon and ask for his advice on marketing to that niche?
Activity: 274
Merit: 250
3) Hope of future usefulness. This might be counted as speculation, or at least hedging against BTC. This might be where XCN fits in. I have no idea if the blockchain will be such a problem that it hinders BTC eventually. I don't think it's a real problem right now.
Cryptonite could be useful right now if we had merchants because secure 0-conf transactions are possible when using withdrawal limits correctly, and instant secure transactions are something cryptocurrency desperately needs. The large BTC blockchain will never destroy Bitcoin, but it is already a hindrance to many people, for example I wont run a full Bitcoin node because I don't want to waste the disk space or bandwidth required to download the full chain. But with Cryptonite the network doesn't need to become increasingly centralized only by nodes capable of handling the full blockchain. A few years from now when the Bitcoin blockchain is over 100GB in size, the Cryptonite synchronization time will still be extremely fast and it will be very easy to become a full node and start mining, without wasting a huge amount of disk space of bandwidth. The level of scalability Cryptonite offers is far superior to any other altcoin out there.

The bitcoin blockchain is a rather big concern for the bitcoin foundation. They know it's an issue and they are worried about it...
For this same reason a lot of bitcoin users/hodlers are also concerned.

XCN price fell heavy because of lack of liquidity and then a ~100K sale @ Poloni.
It simply looks like someone sold into walls to drop the price & get that big chunk and a discount price. Simple manipulation imo.

Then again... I'm no expert Smiley Just my 2XCN.
Activity: 238
moonbound bitchess. watch them graphs
Activity: 263
Hi zelante, what card exactly you have?
MSI 750Ti TF (tdp at 75W)
Pages:
Jump to: