Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XEL] Elastic Project - The Decentralized Supercomputer - page 20. (Read 450449 times)

Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
Ben2016
Why is it better than golem ?

It's hard to describe.
Technically, other Supercomputers such as Golem maybe have great use cases (or one use case should I say?) that we currently cannot cover at all ... Blender Rendering for example. If they manage to get their infrastructure stable and safe, they will be able to offer at least one use case that we can't - not now at least.

Elastic works different: We do not have one specific use case, instead the use case has to be coded by the users in Elastic's own programming language - Elastic PL. It is similar to C but with limited functionality so it can be guaranteed that Elastic code can be executed on other machines without causing any harm. Ther language has been discussed about for a very long time and many brilliant heads have helped designing it. You can write a program in Elastic PL and others can be sure that if executed, no exploits, no endless loops, no data leakage or anything else may happen.

So while our Elastic Baby is more flexible in designing tasks, is does not perform that good for one partucular use case that other systems are tailored for. It's sort of a trade off between flexibility and performance / doability. But: If you want to do 6 different tasks you need 6 different "Coins" if you pursue the other coin's approaches. Elastic can do them all ;-) Please keep in mind, that due to the nature "mining" work, some use cases are not yet possible - only tasks which explore a search space can be done now, and not "stupid" tasks which are divided into multiple packages (like rendering divides a large image into many smaller tiles).

But I am sure that Elastic PL will get better over time: Since we have a "flexible" system built and designed this way from ground up to allow "user configurable tasks" - we are as far as I now the only ones that offer this - we are basically limitless concerning our imagination.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Please ask if something is unclear. And please write that more beautifully - I suck at writing.

Give u some reply from EK.
Thank you for this great article : I Tweeted some points . Please retweet  Smiley

https://twitter.com/bgjjj2016/status/870159934125682688
Activity: 243

It's hard to describe.
Technically, other Supercomputers such as Golem maybe have great use cases (or one use case should I say?) that we currently cannot cover at all ... Blender Rendering for example. If they manage to get their infrastructure stable and safe, they will be able to offer at least one use case that we can't - not now at least.

Elastic works different: We do not have one specific use case, instead the use case has to be coded by the users in Elastic's own programming language - Elastic PL. It is similar to C but with limited functionality so it can be guaranteed that Elastic code can be executed on other machines without causing any harm. Ther language has been discussed about for a very long time and many brilliant heads have helped designing it. You can write a program in Elastic PL and others can be sure that if executed, no exploits, no endless loops, no data leakage or anything else may happen.

So while our Elastic Baby is more flexible in designing tasks, is does not perform that good for one partucular use case that other systems are tailored for. It's sort of a trade off between flexibility and performance / doability. But: If you want to do 6 different tasks you need 6 different "Coins" if you pursue the other coin's approaches. Elastic can do them all ;-) Please keep in mind, that due to the nature "mining" work, some use cases are not yet possible - only tasks which explore a search space can be done now, and not "stupid" tasks which are divided into multiple packages (like rendering divides a large image into many smaller tiles).

But I am sure that Elastic PL will get better over time: Since we have a "flexible" system built and designed this way from ground up to allow "user configurable tasks" - we are as far as I now the only ones that offer this - we are basically limitless concerning our imagination.

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Please ask if something is unclear. And please write that more beautifully - I suck at writing.

Give u some reply from EK.
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
EK mentioned there is also ability to compile EPL scripts into OpenCL kernels so it runs on the GPU. I think it's going to take awhile before we see a crypto which uses the GPU for their smart contracts.

yes that's great news for sure!

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

There is a great post from unvoid (elastic compared to others) enjoy reading;

https://talk.elasticexplorer.org/t/elastic-compared-to-other-competitors/30
Activity: 586
Merit: 501

there was a paper describing differences with golem,sonm but I expect someone from the dev team that knows the internals to make a new one more presentable soon
Activity: 535
Merit: 500
Activity: 638
let's show them we have a strong network and run nodes on launch.. its $5 on vultr for example for a 1gb with swap
Activity: 122
Merit: 10

We have no SN at launch.
I didn't know that. Could you explain this a bit more ? Thanks !

Yes, that was the voting about. We totally agree we this. A basic wallet so we can use it distribute the XEL. There is still more work for a full functional product. But we got great heroes on board! It is a revolution
ImI
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1019

We have no SN at launch.

Litewallet has basic sending/receiving functionality, but that's it.
Ben2016

We have no SN at launch.
ImI
legendary
how does the supply work? it will be enabled forever to claim your coins so effectively the market will react as total supply is 100M and set the market cap when in reality it will be maybe 70M or less. but that matters only if all coins are being used and create a deficit

that's how it works with every coin. who knows how many BTCs are already gone? nevertheless we calculate marketcap on full supply.
Ben2016
I think some big players are watching our precious XEL. After the weak hands ( 4000-50000 Satoshi) are shaken, we will see a huge deficit. { reasons all given above, only 50M coins, SN ( coming thereafter), working coin........}.
how does the supply work? it will be enabled forever to claim your coins so effectively the market will react as total supply is 100M and set the market cap when in reality it will be maybe 70M or less. but that matters only if all coins are being used and create a deficit
I hope we get instructions on how to run a supernode cause i wanna lock my funds to prevent my hands clicking  Grin
Activity: 266
Merit: 100
I think a more realistic opening market cap would be at I.Exec levels even thought this product is 100x better (currently) but they got a lot of marketing

I think you will be surprised it can go higher, at first the idea is much further in development.
And dont forget that a lot of funds will be locked in Supernodes reducing the supply insanly!

That what matters for the price = where will you be listed i think the easiest picks will be trying to get on Bittrex and Liqui.
You can easly talk to the developers. Think about Bittrex Richie and liqui is pretty open aswell.

Fair valuation about 50 to 100m in this market conditions, based on supernodes. i would say a dollar each is decent also cause i believe many donated from an exchange
Or lost there keys after such a time.

So i think total supply claimed will be 80m and half will be locked in supernodes making it a super good value holder.

I do think I.Exec is doing a great job at twitter we might wanna do the same to get a great attention. look at there twitter and you will understand what i mean.

i think people will only claim 50M coins or less.

since a lot of coin already been lose (either people lose their privatekey or even forgot the donations,)

ImI
legendary

We have no SN at launch.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1000
I think a more realistic opening market cap would be at I.Exec levels even thought this product is 100x better (currently) but they got a lot of marketing

I think you will be surprised it can go higher, at first the idea is much further in development.
And dont forget that a lot of funds will be locked in Supernodes reducing the supply insanly!

That what matters for the price = where will you be listed i think the easiest picks will be trying to get on Bittrex and Liqui.
You can easly talk to the developers. Think about Bittrex Richie and liqui is pretty open aswell.

Fair valuation about 50 to 100m in this market conditions, based on supernodes. i would say a dollar each is decent also cause i believe many donated from an exchange
Or lost there keys after such a time.

So i think total supply claimed will be 80m and half will be locked in supernodes making it a super good value holder.

I do think I.Exec is doing a great job at twitter we might wanna do the same to get a great attention. look at there twitter and you will understand what i mean.
Pages:
Jump to: