Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XIV] Xivra accepted by HostDab ! - page 18. (Read 97588 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 19, 2014, 02:01:14 AM
New PPS pool added xiv.pps-mining.com  4% fee

No bad luck anymore as each valid share is paid , no need to wait on confirmations, Orphaned blocks are paid.

4%??? good lord...
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
January 18, 2014, 10:58:45 PM
New PPS pool added xiv.pps-mining.com  4% fee

No bad luck anymore as each valid share is paid , no need to wait on confirmations, Orphaned blocks are paid.
Activity: 238
January 18, 2014, 04:59:39 PM
Anyone have a good signature to advertise XIV?

I would much rather advertise Xiv than batcoin... It was awesome, but pretty much dead.

Personally I just use plain text. If you use yellow or orange highlight text like many other coins then you just end up looking like spam, and we don't want this coin to be seen as a spam coin. Trying too hard to market/advertise sometimes gives off that impression. If the product is strong it will speak for itself Smiley. I like the way Xivra runs, and I really like the transaction speeds. We have a nice little community here and over on the forums Smiley. Ultimately, it's up to you though what you want to put in your sig.

Thanks!

I went pretty basic. Just a link to the forum post and my address.

Nice, i'm liking the red Smiley.
Activity: 166
January 18, 2014, 03:01:45 PM

I would much rather advertise Xiv than batcoin... It was awesome, but pretty much dead.

Personally I just use plain text. If you use yellow or orange highlight text like many other coins then you just end up looking like spam, and we don't want this coin to be seen as a spam coin. Trying too hard to market/advertise sometimes gives off that impression. If the product is strong it will speak for itself Smiley. I like the way Xivra runs, and I really like the transaction speeds. We have a nice little community here and over on the forums Smiley. Ultimately, it's up to you though what you want to put in your sig.

Thanks!

I went pretty basic. Just a link to the forum post and my address.
Activity: 238
January 18, 2014, 02:45:32 PM

Activity: 166
January 18, 2014, 03:56:00 AM

TPN
Activity: 193
How did it get so late, so soon?
January 17, 2014, 08:37:19 PM
5000 for IOS wallet..

There is already a downloadable QT client for MAC users. You can download the Xivra client 0.8.6.2 for Mac here: http://www.xivra.com/downloads/Xivra-Qt.dmg
Seems iOS if for iPhone and iPad, the one you provede URL for is MacOS. Undecided

oh... sorry... windows/android user here... can ya tell? so, with a better understanding now... i don't think anyone's created an iOS or android wallet yet.

All the apps that has been made on this forum has only been for Android
Activity: 182
January 17, 2014, 08:29:17 PM
Dont forget to get the Xivra price app on google play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=stringtheory.cryptos.xiv
January 17, 2014, 06:09:11 AM
620 confirmations so crazy !

Once fresh blocks are mined it takes a maturation age of 600+20 block buffer for this block to be confirmed as a real block and before the freshly mined Xivra's actually can be spend.
Out of my head I think (not 100% sure) that both bitcoin and litecoin have set 100+20 block buffer. How does this work in practice :

Xivra 600*75sec = 45000 seconds = 750 min = 12.5 hours before your freshly made Xivra's are actually spendable, this is an average which depends on the real speed of the blocks being found.
Bitcoin 100*10min =  16,5 hours average (rounded down)
Litecoin 100*2.5 = 4 hours (rounded down)

I see a lot of altcoins having much faster speeds as in 30second blocks and 50 blocks to confirm or something similar, this is for a miner quick from mining to the walled but this makes them vulnerable as when an attacks happens on a chain (fork or other) there is less time to react and the possible damage is higher when a 'patch/solution' is not implemented quickly and others can be warned (example exchanges). And attacks can and do happen regularly.

I would not be surprised if Litecoin itself and other 'coins' will actually change these settings from 4 hours and lower to anything between 12hrs and 24hrs. So basically Xivra is at this moment less conservative then Bitcoin but more than Litecoin and it's followers.

As for the mining pools out there, I do know that there are pools of several currencies which actually pay out faster than the actual confirmation time and this is purely done on trust as they will not get the payout themselves before the confirmation time in the code has actually been passed. For a brand new currency as Xivra where there is no pre-mine and the pool owner does not have any Xivra himself before the launch he can not set the threshold lower as he does not have anything to pay the miners before he gets the Xivra himself.

This story is only valid for freshly minted Xivra's and does not apply in anyway to the transaction speed of existing Xivra's. Xivra's transaction speed is faster then Litecoin.
January 17, 2014, 06:02:18 AM
If I add xivra to my gambling game, minegamble.com, anyone gonna use it?

i went there and server error Smiley
Activity: 182
January 16, 2014, 11:52:08 PM
If I add xivra to my gambling game, minegamble.com, anyone gonna use it?
Activity: 80
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight
January 16, 2014, 09:25:42 PM
Giveaway is still in progress, please make sure u've read all the conditions.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/giveawayxivra-200000-xiv-100k100k-jackpots-417347
January 16, 2014, 08:57:28 PM
5000 for IOS wallet..

There is already a downloadable QT client for MAC users. You can download the Xivra client 0.8.6.2 for Mac here: http://www.xivra.com/downloads/Xivra-Qt.dmg
Seems iOS if for iPhone and iPad, the one you provede URL for is MacOS. Undecided

oh... sorry... windows/android user here... can ya tell? so, with a better understanding now... i don't think anyone's created an iOS or android wallet yet.
Activity: 80
Unifying Knowledge For Faster Insight
January 16, 2014, 08:46:19 PM
5000 for IOS wallet..

January 16, 2014, 07:07:28 PM
5000 for IOS wallet..

TPN
Activity: 193
How did it get so late, so soon?
January 16, 2014, 12:32:25 PM
5000 for IOS wallet..
January 16, 2014, 11:10:47 AM

the xiv.livechains.net pool only requires 300 confirmations for payout and has PROP payouts, not PPLNS. just thought i'd mention that... Wink
Activity: 210
January 16, 2014, 07:44:18 AM
Activity: 1638
Merit: 686
January 15, 2014, 10:43:30 PM
Pool 0 slow/down or URL or credentials invalid Huh

Code:
listen=1
maxconnections=900
gen=0
genproclimit=-1
rpcuser=**username**
rpcpassword=**crazypwd*
rpcport=43519
p2pport=43520
rpcallowip=192.168.1.*
server=1
daemon=1
addnode=176.9.1.6
January 15, 2014, 10:25:27 PM
xiv.livechains.net Announcement

Due to recent events, We have made it necessary for ALL users to reset their login passwords and update their wallet addresses.

PLEASE DO NOT REUSE YOUR OLD PASSWORD OR ANY PASSWORDS THAT MAY BE ASSOCIATED WITH OTHER POOLS!

I can not stress how important this last statement is! It is for your own safety and security!

We have had one confirmed theft due to a user using the same login info (username/password) on multiple pools. Using the same login information on multiple pools/websites presents a MAJOR security risk. The damage has been contained and we would like to keep it that way.

For this reason, we have stripped ALL passwords and payout addresses from the database.

Before you will be able to log in again, you will be required to reset your password and then you should also generate a new wallet address and update your payout address.

Please note: If you used a fake/invalid email address when you registered your account on the pool, you will be required to submit a support ticket to reset your password.
Pages:
Jump to: