Author

Topic: [ANN][XRB]Cryptocurrency's killer app: RaiBlocks micropayments - page 238. (Read 775150 times)

Activity: 1414
Merit: 516
A fork? If yes what chain will be the best and what names will have new coins and on what exchanges will be traded?
Activity: 705
Merit: 500
Declining the decision to stop the distribution (and in full respect of a democratic development), a fork is on the way, more details will be posted next days.

The fork isn't something against XRB, just a different vision with continued distribution.

mikerow, drizzt

what does this mean? can someone explain? HAHA
We’re making preparations to turn off the faucet claims page in order to end the RaiBlocks distribution at 0000UTC on 17th Oct.  We’re proud our distribution method has introduced so many to cryptocurrency and we’re looking forward to seeing people’s ideas and projects as we push forward.

We’re going to let the payout script run for a few more days to pay out those who were close to the threshold then disable that script as well.  At that point we’re going to send 7,000,000 xrb from the genesis account to an account reserved for development funds and send the remaining to the burn account removing it from circulation.

We’ve received nothing but positive feedback on the technology of RaiBlocks: instant/free transactions.  This is everything people have wanted in a cryptocurrency for the last decade and we’re looking forward to what the next year will bring.

"continued distribution" hm?
No more distribution, faucet closed

XRB (raiblocks.net) will close distribution

Fork coin (raiblockscommunity.net) will continue distribution

*start distribution.
...of a new coin that is not XRB.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
Someone know why Bittrex only add BCH in the last 3 months?
They also added Cardano (ADA).
I heard they had legislation problems in the US that caused them to add very few new coins.

If I leave my xrb on Mercatox will I also get the forked coins?
legendary
Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018
Great decision to end the faucet. Price reflects this. What is the talk about a fork though?. I have my RAI on bitgrail. Is it ok to leave them there ?
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
Someone know why Bittrex only add BCH in the last 3 months?
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
can anybody explain why i'm getting "error initializing node"  ?
on 7.9 i had no problems but 8.0 version just refuse to work.
Activity: 462
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
I don't really understand how to claim some XRB tokens by solving the captchas. Have tried it several times, but never received any tokens.

Could someone please try to explain that?

You have to reach the current threshold in order to receive your XRB.
Activity: 430
Merit: 250
I don't really understand how to claim some XRB tokens by solving the captchas. Have tried it several times, but never received any tokens.

Could someone please try to explain that?
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
how can investors of xrb get the keys to the new chain? what is the fork date?

will the XRB exchanges bitgrail etc support the new coin?
if we have XRB in the exchanges, will we get the new forked coin as well?

please add more clarity on the fork as it is causing a lot of confusion at the moment
Activity: 26
So wait, should we be sure to have all our XRB off exchanges and in our local wallet by 0000 UTC if we want both coins?  Has Bitgrail given word on which version of XRB they will support?  I'm still confused as to which version of XRB is the "official" version.

raiblockscommunity.net redirects to raiblocks.net, adding to the confusion.
Activity: 21
i hope the devs are right with there decision by closing the faucet and burn all remaining undistributed coins..not the other way around Smiley ..hoping they won't regret someday  Wink
Activity: 96
XRB price is increasing now Smiley
Activity: 290
This account is abandoned.
Declining the decision to stop the distribution (and in full respect of a democratic development), a fork is on the way, more details will be posted next days.

The fork isn't something against XRB, just a different vision with continued distribution.

mikerow, drizzt

We’re making preparations to turn off the faucet claims page in order to end the RaiBlocks distribution at 0000UTC on 17th Oct.  We’re proud our distribution method has introduced so many to cryptocurrency and we’re looking forward to seeing people’s ideas and projects as we push forward.

We’re going to let the payout script run for a few more days to pay out those who were close to the threshold then disable that script as well.  At that point we’re going to send 7,000,000 xrb from the genesis account to an account reserved for development funds and send the remaining to the burn account removing it from circulation.

We’ve received nothing but positive feedback on the technology of RaiBlocks: instant/free transactions.  This is everything people have wanted in a cryptocurrency for the last decade and we’re looking forward to what the next year will bring.

R3x
Activity: 112
Merit: 11
Right decision to close the faucet but I'm not quite confident with Mike's plan to fork the XRB and continuing the faucet distribution, he must learn from the XRB story.
-INFORMATION ON THE CLOSURE AND THE BIFURCATION-

RaiBlocks will only close the faucet, the coin will not happen to anything. The team will finish the distribution on Tuesday and focus on the currency and its technological development. Nor will wallets end, their xrb are safe, do not be alarmed ...

The bifurcation. People love to spread insanity about information they read in the general slack chat. This means that the developers of the faucet separate from RaiBlocks and create a NEW CURRENCY , with a NEW FAUCET of distribution. The original equipment will remain intact, except for those who were in charge of the faucet, who created their own currency, similar to what happened with Bitcoin Cash and BTC. THIS MEANS THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO DEVELOP YOUR OWN WALLETS FOR YOUR NEW CURRENCY, TALK WITH THE EXCHANGE TO BE LISTED, DEVELOP THE PART THAT TOUCHES YOU OF THE DOMAINS AND GIVE YOU A NEW NAME. It's a long process to follow ...

The new faucet will not be linked to the XRB but to the new currency. I repeat: They will go through the whole process of having to create a new currency, which means that once opened the faucet, will have new wallets and should get into some exchange to contact for the trade.
Activity: 84
Right decision to close the faucet but I'm not quite confident with Mike's plan to fork the XRB and continuing the faucet distribution, he must learn from the XRB story.
R3x
Activity: 112
Merit: 11

mikerow, drizzt

Activity: 700

mikerow, drizzt

Activity: 282
looking forward to what will happen after fork  Huh Huh
Activity: 79
Hi Dev, I have my XRB on an exchange. Anything I have to do?
Activity: 364
Merit: 102
CHEERS
Exciting News!! There is no question in my mind that RaiBlocks deserves a top spot & I believe that today's decision will bring us there. Congratulations to the team.

Sorry man can you share what the news is? I am off by a bit , recently bought a few and they are still in the exchange. Any suggestions are appreciated mate.
https://raiblocks.slack.com/archives/C7BDZKLKZ/p1508099053000064
We’re making preparations to turn off the faucet claims page in order to end the RaiBlocks distribution at 0000UTC on 17th Oct.  We’re proud our distribution method has introduced so many to cryptocurrency and we’re looking forward to seeing people’s ideas and projects as we push forward.

We’re going to let the payout script run for a few more days to pay out those who were close to the threshold then disable that script as well.  At that point we’re going to send 7,000,000 xrb from the genesis account to an account reserved for development funds and send the remaining to the burn account removing it from circulation.

We’ve received nothing but positive feedback on the technology of RaiBlocks: instant/free transactions.  This is everything people have wanted in a cryptocurrency for the last decade and we’re looking forward to what the next year will bring.

[5:24]
We'll link this in other places too to spread the word.

Is it better save it in a wallet before the burn? If yes, Which wallet is preferred?
Jump to: