Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XSN] Stakenet - The World's First Trustless Proof of Stake Coin - page 17. (Read 65115 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 6
I'd love to beta test, how do I participate in that?  Smiley
Simple! Head over to the official Stakenet Discord and ask if you can join the next round of testing in the chatroom. Grin

Thanks Smiley I'll do that!

Any ETA on final release?
legendary
Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187
Does anyone know that there are a certain number of seats available for testing ? Also I headed to discord and next round of testing is full already so I will have to wait for another round which I doubt it will come until the end of the year Sad. I wanted so bad to test the new wallets and its functions because it looks INCREDIBLE! If anyone is in current round of testing , please come and share here some pics with the community as you can see some of them are not in discord channel.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
Simple! Head over to the official Stakenet Discord and ask if you can join the next round of testing in the chatroom. Grin
legendary
It seems that they already took extra funds from this rise of 30% over night so I think the team have the necessary funds to continue. I was about to gather my first masternode but then the price suddenly rise and now I need extra $ in order to secure it. What do you guys think its better , to stake or to run a masternode ? So far a masternode brings you arpund 10$ per month and the VPS its 4$ so you earn 6$ or to stake it with you open wallet even if you get less coins ?

As Nightcourtfan wrote below you, masternodes at their current state only earns block rewards. Moving forward you'll be earning fee's from the Lightning DEX, and all the other dApps running on the masternode eco-system. Private transactions (using techs like mimblewinble) will probably also be a service hosted by masternodes, and as such will reward them for providing the service. If the DEX takes off by itself, I'm sure these masternodes will be extremely profitable, hence people wants to get in on it, and the price will literally explode - Doesn't happen overnight though, so gotta have some patience Smiley

Patience is my 2nd name haha. I know how to have patience and also make smart investments. I just gather enough funds and started my masternode on nodehub platform which is super stable and never had a problem with them. Well this DEX will sure take off in the next months or maximum 1 year as the roadmap provides a lot of unique solutions for investors so this cannot go off radar without notice. Its true that there a lot of people that got their attention towards Stakenet no wonder why the price tank a little.
Have you taken part in the beta testing? It's starting to look very exciting.

I'd love to beta test, how do I participate in that?  Smiley
So far no but I will this week for sure , this is what I hope at least.

In order to participate into beta testing of the new wallet just head to their discord and kindly ask if you can participate. As far as I know they as more testers as they could get. I will participate into testing myself this week and I hope everything will go smooth. Also my masternode is up and running without any problems guys and I'm looking forward to gather one more in the next coming months if the price goes a little lower again.
Activity: 196
Merit: 6
It seems that they already took extra funds from this rise of 30% over night so I think the team have the necessary funds to continue. I was about to gather my first masternode but then the price suddenly rise and now I need extra $ in order to secure it. What do you guys think its better , to stake or to run a masternode ? So far a masternode brings you arpund 10$ per month and the VPS its 4$ so you earn 6$ or to stake it with you open wallet even if you get less coins ?

As Nightcourtfan wrote below you, masternodes at their current state only earns block rewards. Moving forward you'll be earning fee's from the Lightning DEX, and all the other dApps running on the masternode eco-system. Private transactions (using techs like mimblewinble) will probably also be a service hosted by masternodes, and as such will reward them for providing the service. If the DEX takes off by itself, I'm sure these masternodes will be extremely profitable, hence people wants to get in on it, and the price will literally explode - Doesn't happen overnight though, so gotta have some patience Smiley

Patience is my 2nd name haha. I know how to have patience and also make smart investments. I just gather enough funds and started my masternode on nodehub platform which is super stable and never had a problem with them. Well this DEX will sure take off in the next months or maximum 1 year as the roadmap provides a lot of unique solutions for investors so this cannot go off radar without notice. Its true that there a lot of people that got their attention towards Stakenet no wonder why the price tank a little.

legendary

The following is a list of jobs the masternodes will do to be more profitable:
- Lightning DEX
- One-click instant Lightning Swaps (next-gen Atomic Swaps)
- Masternode escrow services
- Masternode based oracles/arbitration
- CCPoS - Staking rewards in any other coin. Stake XSN, receive BTC.
- Tor, PrivateSend, random hop secrets
- Masternode's collateral backed stable coin
- Lightning dApps
- TPoS - Hosting Trustless cold staking contracts
- Voting Delegates
- Automated payment of node operators
- Masternode managers
- Multiple keys for masternodes
- Enhancements for smart contracts and dApps
- Masternode rewards split
- Masternode quorums autonomous swaps
- Cross-chain dApp infrastructure
- Watchtower services
Activity: 406
Merit: 10

Masternodes will be considerably more profitable than staking in the long term. For now? It's hard to say. The less competitive one gets, the more profitable it becomes. Less masternodes splitting the rewards means more rewards per masternode. Less stakers splitting the staking rewards means more rewards per staker.

Personally, I run masternodes via MNaaS.
legendary
there were 11.5 mio devfunds after the swap. the team seems to have run through the treasury without producing anything useable for almost a year. rsb, which were supposed to be burned, are funding since some months as well and i dont really see how giving more treasury is an incentive to complete anything as long as there are no goals. give them treasury, but only if they hit certain milestones. else it is gonna continue as before. develop, deliver nothing, get more coins until the price is fully depleted.
If an extra shot in the arm will help them expedite development and become the first to market with a DEX of that quality, I'm all for it. I think it's a good risk to take. If you don't think they've hit any milestones, you should wait to see their reveal. The past few wallet betas have been pretty impressive.
legendary
They are getting more money for sure as the project is heading to the green zone and once the 2019 Roadmap will be completed , there are high chances that this will reflect in the price too. Remember that this is a long term project who takes time in order to achieve glory so have patience , buy some masternodes and wait for the team to deliver.
Activity: 147
there were 11.5 mio devfunds after the swap. the team seems to have run through the treasury without producing anything useable for almost a year. rsb, which were supposed to be burned, are funding since some months as well and i dont really see how giving more treasury is an incentive to complete anything as long as there are no goals. give them treasury, but only if they hit certain milestones. else it is gonna continue as before. develop, deliver nothing, get more coins until the price is fully depleted.
https://medium.com/@john_draper/9ad1878627ac [2019-10-23 03:30 GMT+1]

oh hmm seems like they gonna need more money and therefore time. and the transparency and communication seems to have been that good, that jim (jstarhead) left. cool. very. and lovely how 2% become 7 mill (you know about 7%, but whatevers) in that proposal. you really sure i am the one responsible for - at least - uncertainty?
I'm impressed by the beta enough to direct the voting power of my MNs towards the budget proposal. I'm not a fan of the immediate consequences, but I'm in this project for the long run. If it helps the devs breathe and get their job done, so be it.
Activity: 443
Merit: 107

oh hmm seems like they gonna need more money and therefore time. and the transparency and communication seems to have been that good, that jim (jstarhead) left. cool. very. and lovely how 2% become 7 mill (you know about 7%, but whatevers) in that proposal. you really sure i am the one responsible for - at least - uncertainty?

It is a Budget Proposal - An idea which has been circulated to the community to get feedback and voted on. So far most people like the idea, you apparently do not and that absolutely fine you are entitled to your opinion and can place your vote accordingly. The purpose of it is to bolster the treasury to ensure we can weather anything that comes our way. We are coming to the end of placing the building blocks for everything that will be built on our platform. During that phase it was necessary to have a solid core team to put those foundations in place. We have our team building the DEX but the DEX is just one dApp and it will need constant maintenance and upgrades as technology advances. This proposal will ensure that we can expand the development team to start building other dApps that will run within our ecosystem without spreading the core team too thin.

The circulating supply would increase roughly 2% (2M XSN) which would be distributed (IF NEEDED) over the course of many, many months. A lump sum of 5M would be added to the treasury just as the current 4.5M is and is there purely for emergencies. It is not added to the circulating supply just as the current 4.5M isn't and is voted in if needed.

If things start picking up then we always have the option to burn these funds which would be great for publicity.

Why now? Well because we are about to start our next phase with DEX and Wallet release and heavy marketing activities so we wanted to get this out of the way before starting those as we knew there would be some negativity surrounding the proposal so best to get it out of the way now than do it later when we are in the midst of other activities.

Again and I can't stress this enough it is a PROPOSAL which will help us massively IF we need it in order to compete with the big boys. We aren't messing about when it comes to the DEX, we have tech that nobody else in the world currently has and have a chance to leapfrog our competitors by hitting the ground running and we want to ensure that we have emergency funds available IF we need them because we don't want anything to slow the pace once we start rolling.

As for Jstar I don't know the details specifically about what is going on so won't comment to much apart from to say his leaving (if he has) has zero impact on development. He has never written any code for XSN, as far as I know he was a technical writer/advisor. Not to diminish anything he did as he was a great guy and was instrumental in putting together the WP and other technical documents we have shared.
Activity: 147

Do you believe they can achieve the lighting dex until the next bull run ? That would be a burst to the price for sure.
Judging from the recent betas, they seem to be pretty close but I can't say for sure.
legendary
Oh , I know how it feels mate when you pull out a lot of work to gather some coins and then you stuck into problems like you had. Anyway , glad that everything is okay. Desktop wallet working good ? You stake or do you run a masternode ? Do you believe they can achieve the lighting dex until the next bull run ? That would be a burst to the price for sure.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1041
1GhxHtabWhEpdb7e7oEJ2vd542n33BwTHR
Oh but there are some days now since you made that transaction and you still haven't receive the coins ...strange. I hope the team knows what are they doing as I don't want to use the cloud wallet ad have the same problems Sad.

I'm running the desktop wallet without problems so I hope you will do the same soon and stop using the cloud wallet when you depends on a 3rd wheel in order to poses what is yours <3 .

I finally got another e-mail back this morning. I have received the coins back. Tried to do the withdrawal again and the e-mail came in instantly and had no problems this time around. I'm certain it was just a problem with their e-mail server not sending out the e-mail. All is good now.

Glad that everything worked well in the end. I was worried as well because I'm thinking to buy a full masternode and I don't want to have such problems. Yea it was an email server provider issue but it took some days until it got solved...what if it was in the bull run this problem ? And you have missed to sell on a better price ?

Yeah, it actually ended up working out because the price dipped down quite a bit while I couldn't access the coins and I was getting paranoid. But, the price ended up recovering by the time I got access to the coins again. It wasn't their fault and I don't hold a grudge against them for it. Stuff happens. Like I said, I've had issues getting e-mail servers to run properly on the newer Ubuntu and just ended up using pop through gmail because of it. I figured it would all work out eventually.
Pages:
Jump to: