Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XSN] Stakenet - The World's First Trustless Proof of Stake Coin - page 26. (Read 65115 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 107
Can now deposit XSN on CoinAll. CoinAll is a sister exchange for OKEx so if you already have an OKEx account you can use it to login to CoinAll.

https://www.coinall.com

https://twitter.com/XSNofficial/status/1106094633380167683

You can now deposit $XSN to CoinAll Exchange. XSN/BTC trading will go live in 24 hours! CoinAll, an @OKEx Exchange partner. #cryptoexchange #trading #altcoin #bitcoin

Also an excellent interview here with the team on Altcoin Magazine:

https://medium.com/altcoin-magazine/digital-cash-to-redefine-personal-finances-and-businesses-3ca04a6be91f
Activity: 420
Merit: 0
Activity: 537
Merit: 250
The screenshots look very slick, it looks well designed and user friendly, which is exactly what we need for mass adoption.
Activity: 21
Happy Birthday to Stakenet! The team just posted the following article on Medium to celebrate the first year of the project. It is a great read that recaps what has been achieved in the first year of the project: https://medium.com/stakenet/a-year-of-stakenet-3ea3f275dd74
Activity: 40
Hi, check this new explorer for XSN

xsn.tokenview.com/en

It provides both the latest block info and on-chain data analysis about Stakenet.

Activity: 2520
Merit: 711
Sneak peek at the new lightweight Multicurrency Light Wallet:

https://twitter.com/xsnofficial/status/1096428243660533761?s=21

Sneak peak at our $XSN multi currency light wallet. A stand alone lightweight #LN client & #DecentralizedExchange powered by our native token XSN #bitcoin #LightningNetwork #crypto #cryptocurrencies #blockchain #Litecoin
Good one )

Looks good.  I want to remind everyone that Stakenet dx is a Lightning DEX, it will work by utilizing Lightning Swaps, not common on-chain Atomic Swaps as most other DEX do.
Activity: 1764
Merit: 570
Twitter\X @AlexKosa1

Sneak peak at our $XSN multi currency light wallet. A stand alone lightweight #LN client & #DecentralizedExchange powered by our native token XSN #bitcoin #LightningNetwork #crypto #cryptocurrencies #blockchain #Litecoin
Good one )

Activity: 147
Merit: 2
yeah looks a lot better now Smiley
hmmm.

so either the rumours and chatter on discord are just accurate or the roadmap is.

if the roadmap is just being handled poorly, it would be a good moment to get in, the prices wont decrease much more, and if the new multicurrency lightning wallet really is around the corner (as welll as the one click lightning swap solution) there should only be one direction xsn is heading

if the interactive roadmap is up to date on the other hand, congratz on misleading at least me.

but saying that the wallet is around the corner at 40% roadmap seems hardly possible. and since there is no such thing as a testers review, or at least one screenshot, there are just infos from the team on discord/.. standing against infos from the team on their core website. not ideal marketing, rather discouraging if you want to buy in and dont trust discord chatter - even if it is coming from the people, who scored the ltcf cooperation.  

Roadmap updated:

https://stakenet.io/roadmap/

Progress bars moved along and Trezor support added.
Looks like XSN will be supported by Trezor soon, that wasn’t even on the roadmap.

https://twitter.com/xsnofficial/status/1095386801219477504?s=21

Great news: @Trezor have merged support for #XSN in their official #GitHub! github.com/trezor/trezor-…. We will be working towards enabling #coldstaking for both Trezor and @LedgerHQ as we move forward. An update will be provided on this as progress is made #proofofstake
Activity: 66
Please support Stakenet and place your vote for XSN in the MasterNodesPro Q1 2019 Masternode project vote. Join their Discord discord.gg/PZSHcgK and comment in the channel ‘voting’ by entering the following: ^vote XSN.

IF YOU LEAVE THE SERVER BEFORE THE VOTING ENDS YOUR VOTE WILL BE DELETED

Voting starts 02/11/2019 and ends 02/25/2019.

1st place:

1 year free listing on MasterNodes.Pro and 250,000 view advertising banner on MasterNodes.Pro (Small)

2nd Place:

6 months free listing on MasterNodes.Pro and 100,000 view advertising banner on MasterNodes.Pro (Small)

3rd Place:

3 months free listing on MasterNodes.Pro and 50,000 view advertisement banner on MasterNodes.Pro (Small)
hmmm.

so either the rumours and chatter on discord are just accurate or the roadmap is.

if the roadmap is just being handled poorly, it would be a good moment to get in, the prices wont decrease much more, and if the new multicurrency lightning wallet really is around the corner (as welll as the one click lightning swap solution) there should only be one direction xsn is heading

if the interactive roadmap is up to date on the other hand, congratz on misleading at least me.

but saying that the wallet is around the corner at 40% roadmap seems hardly possible. and since there is no such thing as a testers review, or at least one screenshot, there are just infos from the team on discord/.. standing against infos from the team on their core website. not ideal marketing, rather discouraging if you want to buy in and dont trust discord chatter - even if it is coming from the people, who scored the ltcf cooperation.  
Announcement on the Discord:

@everyone First round of testing the XSN multi currency (light) wallet is complete. We are pleased with the results and will open 2nd/ 3rd  rounds to select community members soon

As we have been getting questions about the given market conditions, wanted to take a moment and publicly address this. Rest assured our team has an active monthly treasury and have budgeted to survive in these conditions. There are also reserves & war chests available if the situation calls giving us more than enough to execute and operate for extended periods to get needed work done.

We understand that working hard and delivering now will result in higher payoffs, and more opportunities for the project ahead. With that being said our team is heavily cost efficient and we are accustomed + experienced with any and all bootstrapped development

We are excited to show our light multi currency wallet we’ve been working on and to show the one click swap demo we are preparing as well (the technology behind our DEX)

Looks like the new Wallet is close with one click Lightning Swaps.

more than a week later - the wallet is at 40% and the one click solution at 30% on the roadmap

ceterum censeo:
please streamline the product and marketing. Same logos everywhere, same roadmaps everywhere, same infos everywhere.
New Telegram Bot to notify you of any TPoS/PoS/MN rewards. Also will tell you of any incoming/outgoing transaction on an address, very handy. Works great have been using it for a few days now, very simple and straightforward to use.

https://twitter.com/XSNofficial/status/1093101245399789568

Monitor your $XSN addresses with our new Telegram monitoring bot. Instant notifications for new transactions from/to your address, when you receive a reward from your #Masternodes or #TPoS and check your balance at any time. Get started: http://t.me/XSN_Monitor_Bot  #Telegram

http://t.me/XSN_Monitor_Bot
XSN is now officially supported on Ledger devices:

https://twitter.com/LedgerHQ/status/1092411134018240513

Great News: @KomodoPlatform support for Ledger Live's back for the Nano S! The @XSNofficial app is also available for the Nano S & Ledger Blue! It concerns a native Ledger Live integration

Updating to Ledger Live 1.3.4 is required
Announcement on the Discord:

@everyone First round of testing the XSN multi currency (light) wallet is complete. We are pleased with the results and will open 2nd/ 3rd  rounds to select community members soon

As we have been getting questions about the given market conditions, wanted to take a moment and publicly address this. Rest assured our team has an active monthly treasury and have budgeted to survive in these conditions. There are also reserves & war chests available if the situation calls giving us more than enough to execute and operate for extended periods to get needed work done.

We understand that working hard and delivering now will result in higher payoffs, and more opportunities for the project ahead. With that being said our team is heavily cost efficient and we are accustomed + experienced with any and all bootstrapped development

We are excited to show our light multi currency wallet we’ve been working on and to show the one click swap demo we are preparing as well (the technology behind our DEX)

Looks like the new Wallet is close with one click Lightning Swaps.
XSN Viper Hardware seems to be coming along nicely.

https://twitter.com/XSNofficial/status/1088401906341462017

Our engineers have completed an initial version and design of our PCB board for $XSN VIPER (hardware Lightning router). Firmware security and stability tests are now underway #LightningNetwork #blockchaintechnology #coldstorage
what's happening on the xsn front?

firstly the cryptopia hack. Even though xsn does not seem to be afflicted, it was a blow to the traders and the volume. livecoin might seem fishy to some, but it is one of the few exchanges without kyc, and even though the swap and its followups were handled strangely sometimes, there are very few people, who have had real fallouts with livecoin - the best known dane within discord has a rather discouraging story, but i used livecoin for two years and never had any major problems. there are other exchanges that will support xsn  in the foreseeable future (abcc, bitfineon) and early next month there will be a proof of concept of the dex, though looking at lightning nodes xsn is obviously taking a front row position.

so all in all, cryptopia hack bad, livecoin quite alright and other exchanges around the corner. Most importantly the failure of centralized exchanges is not really more than a minor inconvenience for the coins price, but a major win on the dex nevertheless. with some perspective it just examplifies why xsn is doing the right thing

secondly tpos will be integrated into the mn network, therfore enabling one click tpos solutions for at the moment 1714 contracts, which is a minor hit for merchants, but a major win for accessability, which in my opinion was one of the main problems of tpos until now. if i wanted to trustlessly stake my coins i still had to either know my way around a vps, or go to discord for a merchant, now trustless doesn't include human interaction anymore, which seems a lot more appropriate.

thirdly ledger seems to move, they even are delisting posw (should have done that about a year ago), but nevertheless this companys failure to stay true to a lifelong support contract is striking, so yeah, ledger get your fucking job done, you asswipes are one of the reasons why xsn is that low. xeeda on the other hand ran into some delays, and the old rule stands: never preorder anything. never.

so trustlessness will be achieved through moving to the mn network, hardware wallet producers are as fishy as gaming developers when it comes to preorders and ledger simply is an asshole company, which does not give a shit about xsn, or even contracts.
---- was in some kind of writing frenzy, so another post ----

XSN – Stakenet – what I think of it right now

I follow this coin since its predecessors beginnings, and am still surprised every now and then on how this coin, its surroundings (stakenet.io for example) and its as well as the whole crypto-community behave.

Posw wasn’t much as a coin, a simple pos coin, no mn, no extras whatsoever. But it had poswallet.com, which was meant to be THE online staking wallet for pos coins, as well as an exchange. And the profits were distributed through special rewards to the people holding posw on poswallet.com.

This coin was able to climb up to 20,000 sat (btc around 1100 usd back then though) with this very easy business plan. And I think that part of this success was exactly that very simple business model everyone was able to understand. Or to translate it in a very simple way to a normal person:
poswallet: company with a site offering different services as business model, shares(~coins) and dividends

And I think therein lies one of the biggest problems of XSN.Stakenet
→ it’s business model is not easy to understand. Easiest probably still the site (though its of minor importance compared to poswallet/posw) offering services in exchange for fees, which get invested into further development. A “dividend”/reward is an easy to understand incentive for buying a coin, development everyone understands is important, but also far more complex and not directly benefiting (indirectly it does of course) the holder.

→ So instead of the old sitecentric model, there came the new coincentric model. The idea seems to be pretty simple from a mn holder point of view – Someone hosts a masternode, therfore offering the chain services, which firstly gets rewarded as long as it runs and will secondly be able to earn fees for offering services within the lightning network for example as well. That is rather easy to understand. But the way to those services lies within complex development. And development just is not as sexy as a finished product. For me especially when there are different roadmaps on different platforms, few explanations on why some goals change (still waiting for the promised text on the whys of the roadmap change in september 2018). All this combined with some bear market depression state, I for one start questioning my decisions and try to figure out why the market seems to be in a major disagreement with me. In the end the market decides what will be the future and not the best tech(plenty of examples, but old vhs vs betamax standard illustrates that very good).

→ therefore it is of utmost importance to get people into xsn before there are more competitors. Since i’m believing the devs are doing great work – the ltcf cooperation speaks for itself – I am believing they will deliver a great product. But we are in an opens source environment, and therefore anyone able to follow one of the many guides how to make your own coin, can clone xsn at any given time. If newxsn got the easier to understand, better pitch many people wont care about the origin.

I love the great perspective stories, which were told in the early articles on xsn. How tpos could even get hedgefunds interested, which abundance of possibilities there will be and so on. I really do. But in this rather depressing market and people – myself included – questioning every single decision they were making, some reassurance for the short term future is very important. For me that was the cooperation with the litecoin foundation, for others it might be some calculations on how mns will potentially return, and so on. But to get back to the opener, there is no community consensus on what xsn actually is, and how to profit of it as it was with posw. I am not saying that I dislike the abundance of options, but I would recommend the xsn.stakenet team to make some polls on which features the community is most interested in (on discord for example), and break the most accounted for down for the public. Than do the same thing on twitter. I know that this kind of research is a pain in the arse, but knowing what the customer wants (to hear - especially in that situation) would help a lot. XSN.Stakenet offers something for everyone, so it should not be a problem to write some marketing according to what people want, even if it is not the most innovative feature.

Not even touching the extreme difference within the coins codes, which is like comparing my first tricycle riding experience to my first motorcycle riding experience, even though I know I was playing to be a biker with the tricycle. People caring about code should make their way to xsn sooner or later as long as xsn keeps up with its impressive work. There is simply not much to criticize. 

I am happy with seeing the steps taken forward to establish the technical foundation of a whole new cryptoenvironment surrounding XSN.Stakenet, but I also think that the big picture is just too complex – at least in the way it is presented right now – as to entertain very many people.

And I think its time for a ceterum censeo:
please streamline the product and marketing. Same logos everywhere, same roadmaps everywhere, same infos everywhere.
Pages:
Jump to: