Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XSN] Stakenet - The World's First Trustless Proof of Stake Coin - page 22. (Read 65115 times)

Activity: 443
Merit: 107
Here is your Dev Update:

https://medium.com/stakenet/xsn-dev-update-july-1st-c80b1975a58

Our roadmap progress has been updated!

Stakenet Wallet Mobile (55–65%)

DEX Aggregator (45–50%)

XSN HUB (35–40%)

One-click Lightning Network Privacy Swaps (95–100%) Beta Testing

Stakenet Wallet (100%) Beta Testing

Our testing team has confirmed Lightning Network & lnd are working with our explorer. This means we can swap, send and receive over Lightning Network with our app without needing to run full blockchains. We have released a test build to invite any from the public (running Linux) to harden and further test the swaps. For testing Lightning Swaps will be available on Bitcoin, Litecoin and Stakenet assets. We will be releasing builds for other OS’s such as Windows shortly so more people can take part in the testing. Rewards ranging from 1k to as much as 10k XSN will be given for every bug found! Report bugs to #bugbounty in our discord to report and redeem.

More good news to follow here. This was an important milestone as Lightning Swaps working = DEX working.

We are progressing rapidly with our mobile version of the Stakenet Wallet too and some solid ground was covered on the DEX Aggregator and new XSN HUB.

We have also updated our White Paper this week to include new XSN products, advancements on Lightning Network, and how we can integrate Ethereum, EOS and others as part of our Lightning Network interoperability network.

https://stakenet.io/Stakenet_Whitepaper.pdf

Lookout for our dev update next week, and track progress on our official roadmap here https://stakenet.io/roadmap/

Link to download test wallet for Lightning Swaps:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1frZu3C3jSWFGcDOZELhLWOMqj9F_Hi8Q/view

Guess it isn't vapourware anymore.

Again development isn't straightforward and the team aim to provide Weekly Updates and so far I think the team has been awesome at hitting those considering the workload. Sometimes like on this occasion it slipped a bit as there was something big that they wanted to make sure was ready before the update went out but considering what has just been delivered I think the delay was justified.
Activity: 147
Merit: 2
oh as said before - i trust that they are developing, but the marketing/pr is rather interesting.

i wouldn't complain as much if the infos given were accurate, but the mclw changes names (mclw, xsn viper, stakenet wallet) even though being said to be so important for marketing. i for one dont think it helps to rename a product every now and then, it is confusing. as well as the soons. don't tell you anythig about any timegoal for real. wouldn't be necessary if 100% wouldn't mean beta and present tense future tense. the pr is trying to sell a future product, saying it was in place already, checking off boxes for features which are - some farther some closer - still down the road, at least according to roadmap and anns, but not in the wp or on twitter. all in all i don't think it is wise to shill unfinished products, and when people do their own research, they figure that almost everything being said ready is not only not ready for release, but also not ready to be shown. just being written about...

edit: ps this xsn-core update (https://medium.com/stakenet/xsn-core-update-september-xsn-light-excalibur-epos-9046a93cf222) from sep 19th 2018 also illustrates what i am talking about:
"XSN Light (Wallet) 2018
A multi-currency wallet that will be serve as the initial platform for the decentralized exchanging of assets (DEX ). Initial version now being prepared for private testing."

why was the wallet said to be ready 2018? why was a soon to be testnet announced in jan 2019? why is the wallet at 100% for about a month, when in beta state? why were testnets promised? nobody forced the team to write those things, but if you promise the same things again and again, it does not get better, unless you follow up on the promises.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
l'argent est mon étape
I have full trust on team, they will complete all of their promises in my opinion. Just need a little more patience before the dex release. Grin
so the weekly updates are not weekly anymore, lovely. especially since it would have been near impossible to make a weekly update around the updated whitepaper.

that is more or less the best example of how communication is handled badly imo.

also this godforsaken shill list that gets used all the time. on the one hand it is not possible to show any but one old screen, but on the other shilllists are great... i mean what kind of logic is that? tell people what is in it, but don't show else they might believe it?

oh the whitepaper itself is speaking of already having the stakenet wallet. cunning. most parts of the wp are indeed future tense, why not this one?

another example: "With important components such as Stakenet Wallet, Lightning Swaps and Tokenized Swaps in place" ...yeah so much in place that they cannot be shown, but ofc written about. else it would hurt the release of things already in place. come on i thought you had a pr lady
Updated WP has been released detailing advancements on Lightning Network and how Stakenet will integrate the entirety of Ethereum and EOS ecosystems into it's interchain mesh. The same tech can also be used to add BNB Chain of anything else:

https://twitter.com/XSNofficial/status/1144623260048515072

Few snips from the WP:

Regarding Lightning Network -
Stakenet upgrades the current Lightning solution by funding its Lightning channels by default with the Masternode’s collateral and using the Masternodes as bridge nodes between all parties. You can imagine this like a pool where different masternodes allocate their funds in a specialized multisignature address, while additionally providing the possibility for random wallets to join these channels. Now within this master channel all parties can open many 2-of-2 channels concurrently and thanks to Lightning Swaps even between different blockchains. This solution does not only benefit Stakenet, but it is also an upgrade for every blockchain with a Lightning Network, because Stakenet’s currency, XSN, can be used as a carrier coin for both Bitcoin and Litecoin transactions, too. Consequently, Stakenet wipes out the risk of low funded channels and offers a solution to merge different Lightning Networks into one interchain solution.

Regarding ETH/EOS ecosystem integration -
By connecting the Stakenet blockchain to the Ethereum and EOS blockchain through tokenization, we can integrate every known token of these blockchains into our interchain network. This way we will be able to provide an interoperable technology for swapping assets across different networks to allow everyone to freely operate with any coin and token within the blockchain mesh. An additional advantage is that this workflow is compatible with any other blockchain which supports tokenization. This means that the Stakenet interchain network can easily grow day by day and new achievements of other developers benefit our network as well.
thx. still not convinced that being secretive is the best way, but i think i get the point of it better now.
We showed off what we could of the wallet hence the small section we did show with TOR activation. I tried to make a video of the auto updater but it meant blacking out to much of the screen to hide the UI so made it a bit pointless.

To show anything else would also be showing the rest of the UI which would also reveal the other things we have been working which we have been keeping quiet as they will help with the marketing so to reveal them would dull the impact of the surprise when it eventually shown off.
pretty much the same core as my rants though. communication and information don't work with anyone but believers atm. changeable infos (not the percentages) are not good. also i did not say don't believe the devs at all, i said - and that in different posts - that i trust that they are developing, but that they are not really good in giving dates and so on. as well as i have critized that ledger and so on are on the roadmap, even though not in teams hands, but the ltcf cooperation isn't. don't turn everything to fud.

that the roadmap does not have dates anymore is good imo, would prefer if the stages were preconditions - like stage one ln swaps, stage two ln privacy swapy, stage three mclw, stage four dex. and not more or less the old quarter system.

also since the wallet works with tor and autoupdates, you could at least make new screenshots, gifs, or a video. wild west crypto has taught us to distrust everyone, so without some proof it is just another project that promises a lot, but the 'will they pull it off' question intensifies over time
just for some perspective - that is going to illustrate how much the infos on the roadmaps can be trusted, maybe helps interpreting them:

Unfortunately development doesn’t really work like that in the real world. Roadmaps are made on estimations of when things will be completed. Many assumptions were made on the original roadmap that Lightning Labs would be much further along in development with Lightning Network by the time we got to the point where we would begin building on it.

That wasn’t the case and Lightning Labs didn’t really deliver anything useful so pretty much everything we want to do has had to be built from scratch and when you build from scratch with no real resources to turn to it takes a lot longer as you can imagine especially the testing phases. If it’s something that has never been done before then everything has to be tested thoroughly as things can behave in unexpected ways. When that happens you have to go back figure out what happened and rebuild and test again and keep repeating that process until everything works as expected, there are no guides to follow which say if this happens then do this or this must be the thing that’s wrong as it’s never been done before so you are literally writing the guides while building too. Then you also have to run security tests to ensure there are no issues that would put peoples assets at risk and things like that.

There are many issues with Lightning Network that Lightning Labs still haven’t solved but we have like WatchTowers for example where they are still scratching their heads on how to incentivise them.

Another thing is when we are dependant on other companies for action like the Ledger situation, we never expected it to take them nearly a year to integrate after we had submitted the code for implementation. Now we are in the same situation again and have had the code completed 2 months ago and waiting for Trezor to update their firmware to add our Cold Staking tech and asset management software  to their devices:

https://github.com/trezor/trezor-firmware/pull/140

This is why we started the weekly updates to keep everyone informed of where we are and updating the %’s accordingly.

So yeah it’s easy for someone to pull up a picture and say “look this team doesn’t deliver” when they have no idea just how much work and how many hours has been sunk into building something like this that has never been done before. If it was so easy then someone else would have done it already and we could have just used their code to fill the gaps.

Frankly I find it insulting to the people who have spent literally thousands of hours working on this project doing the best they can just to have someone say “look you can’t trust this team” and undermine all their hard work.

I get that people are frustrated waiting but I can assure you nobody is more frustrated than the team who have put so much time and effort into this. They want to get this out the door ASAP but you can’t rush these things as releasing a broken product would be a disaster. Also releasing just the bare wallet would also be pointless as it’s just another MC wallet right now with TOR and auto updates. Those two are pretty cool but they aren’t going to make huge headlines and we need to make headlines with this release so can’t afford to rush it out and screw it up.

/endrant  
Activity: 406
Mandatory Wallet Update to Ver 1.0.20

Please make sure to update your wallets today if you haven’t already otherwise you will be unable to connect to the network until you do so.

Please check the guide below for how to easily update

https://link.medium.com/8AalI1FaMX
just for some perspective - that is going to illustrate how much the infos on the roadmaps can be trusted, maybe helps interpreting them:

The core tech needed for the DEX is the Lightning Swap tech as that is what facilitates the trades. Once that tech is done then it’s just a case of building the UX and orderbook for matching trades really to complete the DEX. Of course that’s not as simple as it sounds but it’s a lot easier than building the Lightning Swap tech as that was built from scratch whereas orderbooks and matching systems are not anything new so plenty of sources to pull code from if needed.

This weeks dev update got Lightning Channels up and running on the MCLW which is a big deal and now it’s just a case of implementing the Swap tech and then we should be good to finalise some builds for community testing.

https://link.medium.com/s55d3mZ4KX
80%, but how is that to be interpreted? How long will it take to finish these things?

my interpretation is - as stated above - about a quarter until it gets to 100% as it was with the lightwallet. but 100% does not lead to a release immediately, it might be kept in private beta for some time.

and now for my experience - put at least 1-2 quarters on top of what you are hoping for. better to be positively surprised than negatively. but all in all have a look at their old roadmaps via the wayback machine as well as on the anns on discord, and you will see, that the team never was too good in giving dates, which is nothing out of the ordinary for cryptos.

in the end many infos by the team are changeable - like on the roadmap (wallet release/development) - so interpreting them is hard enough as it is
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
Any schedule for the DEX release date? Looks promising Smiley

is at 80% on the roadmap, the wallet was at 80% in march, so i think it might be at 100% in about a quarter, but never forget 100% does not mean that it will be released as it is with the wallet as well. the reasoning with the wallet not being released makes sense to most, so i won't complain anymore, but in essence the argument is, that it is not special enough to be marketed properly. and that problem could happen with the dex as well.

80%, but how is that to be interpreted? How long will it take to finish these things?

Hoping very soon especially now the market is turning.

so a team member is hoping...

3 different teams working in 3 different divisions.

Coding team - who makes the wallets etc.
Hardware team - Viper Hardware Wallet
Website team - Stakenet.io

Yankee isn't part of the coding team as far as I know, he can't share any specific dates either, so stop FUD'ing, haha.

yeah especially the website team has outperformed itself with adding new features, staking coins and services to stakenet.io... stop your shilling, haha.
Activity: 406

3 different teams working in 3 different divisions.

Coding team - who makes the wallets etc.
Hardware team - Viper Hardware Wallet
Website team - Stakenet.io

Yankee isn't part of the coding team as far as I know, he can't share any specific dates either, so stop FUD'ing, haha.

is at 80% on the roadmap, the wallet was at 80% in march, so i think it might be at 100% in about a quarter, but never forget 100% does not mean that it will be released as it is with the wallet as well. the reasoning with the wallet not being released makes sense to most, so i won't complain anymore, but in essence the argument is, that it is not special enough to be marketed properly. and that problem could happen with the dex as well.

Activity: 352
Merit: 3
Pages:
Jump to: