Pages:
Author

Topic: [ANN][XSN] Stakenet - The World's First Trustless Proof of Stake Coin - page 39. (Read 65150 times)

legendary
Activity: 2506
Merit: 1113
There's no need to be upset
Update on the status of Cryptopia and Livecoin deposits/withdrawals:
To begin, we want to make it very clear that the issue existed on their trading platforms prior to the wallet update and just appeared when they tried to update to the newest version. It had nothing to do with the wallet v1.0.14.
Stakenet team have been assisting both exchanges with their issue as much as possible and they are currently running tests to make sure the wallet is working as intended. Trading has resumed on Livecoin and if any issues arise in their tests we will be more than happy to take a look and assist them again.
Overall, we are expecting the exchanges to enable XSN wallet functions early next week, however, as stated previously this issue is out of our hands so it may be longer than that. We will update the community once the exchanges are ready to open up XSN wallet again.

any other people having problems with 1.0.14?
since the update I can't stake and neither send coins anymore
it looks like I'm downloading blocks on the chain but it's like I'm always one block behind so syncing kinda never ends.
tried sending some to stakenet.cloud and the transaction is stuck

help?

discord offers more help, but you will need the bootstrap. there are videos as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFOv8ZrjK8 (win) https://youtu.be/baltZ75VYh4 (linux server) [pinned messages in wallet support on discord]

gonna look into it
thank you

EDIT: the bootstrap worked
I was even staking on the wrong chain
thanks
Activity: 147
Merit: 2
To begin, we want to make it very clear that the issue existed on their trading platforms prior to the wallet update and just appeared when they tried to update to the newest version. It had nothing to do with the wallet v1.0.14.
Stakenet team have been assisting both exchanges with their issue as much as possible and they are currently running tests to make sure the wallet is working as intended. Trading has resumed on Livecoin and if any issues arise in their tests we will be more than happy to take a look and assist them again.
Overall, we are expecting the exchanges to enable XSN wallet functions early next week, however, as stated previously this issue is out of our hands so it may be longer than that. We will update the community once the exchanges are ready to open up XSN wallet again.

it looks like I'm downloading blocks on the chain but it's like I'm always one block behind so syncing kinda never ends.

help?

discord offers more help, but you will need the bootstrap. there are videos as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFOv8ZrjK8 (win) https://youtu.be/baltZ75VYh4 (linux server) [pinned messages in wallet support on discord]
legendary

help?
Activity: 191
Merit: 56

It is not just open the wallet, they should resume trading too. Ah, it has been too long...
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
Activity: 280
Merit: 43

ENJOY TRADING BTC-XSN on Coinsoda Beta Exchange!

COINSODA EXCHANGE: https://coinsoda.io/
legendary
any other user having problems on keeping the wallets online?
how to solve it?
mine keeps crashing

Try download to latest version of XSN wallet from https://xsncoin.io/#wallets

haven't seen the 1.0.14 version
thanks for letting me know
testing it right now

latest releases:
https://github.com/X9Developers/XSN/releases

virustotal of 1.0.14:
https://www.virustotal.com/pt/file/b25be805f12ca7762af678c5e96d21bdbb7fc59fa19e34ff0a7271576b7687e1/analysis/

13/68 including many trojan alerts
take care with it folks
Activity: 1037
Merit: 253
I know this is not POSW related. But all creators of it here. So, question is, how can I access old poswallet website to download my trade history for audit purpose?

Hi Vsyc,

I do not know the answer to that however; I will see if I can find out the answer for you.

I know the current XSN are not the same as the old POSW team but someone might know.

Thanks,

Kuo

Perfect, got a way forward for you.

Please email your request to [email protected]

Thanks,

Kuo

Hi, I wrote but no response Sad
Why to invest in crypto now

Capitalism. But that is only the short answer, let’s make it a little less cryptic.

The world is about to enter another crisis. Debts have risen incredibly since the last one, real estate prices are exploding – and quite probabaly about to implode. Profitrates are sinking; art, houses, flats, luxury cars, … have rising prices whilst being securities for loans, when prices start imploding the debts get far worse. And this time around the chances for international answers are very low, so protectionism will hurt comparably unstable economies even harder. If someone wanted to speculate against currencies, he will start with “weak” ones. Like it happened to the british pound or the swedish krona before. And when this happens – speculating against the turkish lira for example – it is mainly because they believe there are higher profits within that step than any other. I do not think that classic speculative money like pension funds will start entering crypto, since those are the ones gaining money from speculating against currencies, but the people who see their money losing value will start to look out for safer options than their bank account. That would be silver and gold – assuming real estate has to dump because of the debt on it – and if the cryptocommunity isn’t panicking all the way, cryptos.

Now there are an abundance of shitcoins and scams, but there are real projects as well. XSN is one of those for example. It is not trying to be the copy of something else, but to develop its very own environment. Even though some points in their articles like funds joining in on crypto and wanting something like tpos seem far fetched, there are so many things that seemed far fetched after the internet bubble crisis, and the ones, who had a real concept didn’t die but got to mount olympus of stock exchanges. If we are entering – and since even The Economist or the Finacial Times see a crisis coming soon – a crisis, then there will be a lot of fear, but there will be a search for every place where money would at least not lose as much worth as in real estate and other bubbles. And projects with active dev teams, as well as the right ideas – even if far fetched – will be the ones smart money goes to. The last crisis lead to multinational companies buying bonds like those of germany even though their money was getting a little less by that[instead of getting paid interest they had to pay interest for bonds...]. But it was a safe haven. And now think about all the money, which is searching for safety – especially during a crisis. If some cryptos are able to offer no losses and maybe even some gains, those will be an option for smart money as well as scared money. I don’t think we will lose the adventurer money anyways.

So why to invest into crypto now? Because it will be one of the few safe havens for not loosing too much value. When companies start to buy state bonds, on which they – what absurdity - have to pay interest on, buying into crypto is just not that far fetched anymore. So don’t panic about sinking crypto prices right now, that might just be the prelude to sinking values (real estate and so on) in general. Which is worsened by the enormous amount of public and private debt. And if your fiat currencies start to drop as well, the desperation will find its way to the last innovative sectors of our economy. And crypto is one of the few. Buy, hodl and don’t panick.

I am having a serious problem with this wallet.  I sent a deposit to Cryptopia about a month ago.  Been trying to rebuild the wallet, it keeps trying to fully sync and is not evidently sending the deposit to them.  I notice a lot of functions in the rebuild/repair area.  I tried one, it restarted the wallet, but still didn't sync.  I guess I will save wallet.dat, delete everything in Roaming and try from scratch.  I run many other staking wallets so haven't been focusing on this because only a small balance.

discord offers more help, but there a videos for that situation as well - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOFOv8ZrjK8 (win) https://youtu.be/baltZ75VYh4 (linux server) [pinned messages in wallet support on discord]
Activity: 2730
Merit: 552
I am having a serious problem with this wallet.  I sent a deposit to Cryptopia about a month ago.  Been trying to rebuild the wallet, it keeps trying to fully sync and is not evidently sending the deposit to them.  I notice a lot of functions in the rebuild/repair area.  I tried one, it restarted the wallet, but still didn't sync.  I guess I will save wallet.dat, delete everything in Roaming and try from scratch.  I run many other staking wallets so haven't been focusing on this because only a small balance.
Activity: 27
Merit: 0
how to solve it?
mine keeps crashing

Try download to latest version of XSN wallet from https://xsncoin.io/#wallets
legendary
how to solve it?
mine keeps crashing
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
Stakenet in touch with both cryptopia and livecoin about their XSN wallets, simple adjustment needed in how they are reading blockchain data. As it is the weekend we will most likely see the wallets online Monday/early next week.
1. Your claim against XSN in the fact that there is no transparency isn't valid. Anything on the blockchain is open to the public to see. I think you are just unaware of how to do so. If you want to see the monthly budget report type in 'gobject list' into your debug console and from that output you should easily be able to answer your questions on transparency.

most of them (not on the funds though) and you were right i did not know that command, thx. since i stumbled upon a faucet proposal, i cannot help but ask why things like that aren't discussed more broadly? would make discord so much better if there was something real to discuss

2. Communication is definitely something that we can improve on, and we have made our mistakes on this in the past, however, that isn't to also state that it is non-existent. If you want exact details of the swap please join our discord: https://discord.gg/cyF5yCA, but robertchung is correct. CMC never updated the supply to PoSW so what was actually swapped was in fact 65m and not 56. The total dev fund is 11.5m and not 18m as you previously mentioned, and the 11.5m is including the hardware fund. Like stated before, feel free to join our discord. Anyone one the team would be more then willing to talk to you about any of your concerns, so don't hesitate to send a dm.fast enough to get on its feet.

i never was aware of the devfund going up to 11.5m. i see it as a communications/transparency problem, since i follow all the channels, but of course that could have been discussed/voted on in groups i am not part of (whales or some masternode owners channel) or just somehow slipped by me.  

3. RSB is not cancelled, it will begin when more coins are added to stakenet.io and there is a healthy stable stream of $ flow to do so.

makes sense. i got my interpretation from the anns: "The staking as a service concept has been verified with our native XSN token & more coins will be added soon. This is great news for the community as profits will be put back into the ecosystem to fund further XSN development, team expansion, and rewards for users." since rsb were not being talked about anymore for some time, and not mentioned in this particular post i thought rsb were about to fade away

4. Voting on different features will occurs in the future, when projects are small it is necessary to first put solid development infrastructure in place before it starts to open things up to the public - disagreements will occur and this can be dangerous for an early small project  and risk it not moving fast enough to get on its feet.

i see what you are saying, but there are upsides to discussions about tech and perspective as well, mainly that the part of the community, which is not interested in ever recurring price/fud/shill post cycles, would have something worthy to discuss. thinking about it a reopened testnet might help with that as well.  

[edit: oh and i am on discord, but prefer to discuss publicly. wouldnt make too much sense to go on about transparency and then discussing in private messages; and i am not active there - as stated before - because i resignated over the abundance of bs(some my own) in those chats]
Activity: 7
Would be interested in their response as well. Reading it, it sounds like FUD but gladly hear the explanation.

Lol don't know why I even asked , just look at the source code . nothing wrong with it if they do build something cool on top of it ... Just more shillyness not being 100% up front about it , they could say excited about BTGs upcoming integration of cross chain atomic swaps by Q4 & what it will mean for XSN. The point of the project is to pull the best features available and put them together on one platform including CC . just thinking another team will be able to get to where XNS is at now & rapidly surpass them , with a fair distribution & transparency .

The only thing they need to do is get the DEX together and add a bunch of coins to their staking service , oh and make the service TPOS . or are we actually waiting for another project based on old BTC chain to make that happen ?  Wouldn't feel comfortable keeping a bunch of diff POS coins on any platform they release at this point . but that's just me

Stakenet has nothing to do with BTG. To even bring that up is a sign that this post could be a troll. Second, we do pull many features from bitcoin as we are trying to integrate with BTC via lightning network. It is a work in progress and many cryptocurrencies are doing this in order to be integrated in the greater crypto ecosystem. We do have our own innovations and vision with regard to lightning but we will be building from btc lightning clients and integrating it with XSN.
Activity: 128
Merit: 11
1. Your claim against XSN in the fact that there is no transparency isn't valid. Anything on the blockchain is open to the public to see. I think you are just unaware of how to do so. If you want to see the monthly budget report type in 'gobject list' into your debug console and from that output you should easily be able to answer your questions on transparency.

2. Communication is definitely something that we can improve on, and we have made our mistakes on this in the past, however, that isn't to also state that it is non-existent. If you want exact details of the swap please join our discord: https://discord.gg/cyF5yCA, but robertchung is correct. CMC never updated the supply to PoSW so what was actually swapped was in fact 65m and not 56. The total dev fund is 11.5m and not 18m as you previously mentioned, and the 11.5m is including the hardware fund. Like stated before, feel free to join our discord. Anyone one the team would be more then willing to talk to you about any of your concerns, so don't hesitate to send a dm.

3. RSB is not cancelled, it will begin when more coins are added to stakenet.io and there is a healthy stable stream of $ flow to do so.

4. Voting on different features will occurs in the future, when projects are small it is necessary to first put solid development infrastructure in place before it starts to open things up to the public - disagreements will occur and this can be dangerous for an early small project  and risk it not moving fast enough to get on its feet.
First off devs didn’t even get the first month reward if you had checked, they were too busy working actually. Second it wasn’t 56 mill it was 65mill since coinmarket cap never updates the supply leaving 11.5 mill for both a marketing budget and the original founders share+ hardware. Dev team in total is over 8 full time and holds no more than 10% total supply between all of them combined. Most projects obtain at least 20% of total supply on top of ICO funds (since we didn’t ICO our devs have 0, which is why we need treasury to fund dev)

but you are - maybe unintentionally - making a few of my points with your reply.

first and foremost: Transparency. and as stated many times before i dont care about private holdings (and that includes the devs private holdings). it needs to be clear how many coins are in which fund used for roughly what. the community does simply not know what is happening, neither amounts are clear nor what is happening(besides the coin dev, github makes that pretty easy).  i was assuming since the fund discussion took place in posw slack that those numbers were not to be increased through the swap, you are telling me they have. without transparency this problem will not be solved

secondly and connecting to the last sentence: Communication. we obviously both talk about the same coin and both think we know how big the funds are. my info comes from old slack times and i never saw a change on discord, when it comes to those numbers. i guess you are part of the army or team(or are just a brilliant fudder, cause defending a project by giving completly new numbers could be that as well) to have access to that info. and there is another problem. the team and army are somehow in a  everything is going great bubble since the team/the army(our biggest supporters) think what we say is good, and we think what they say is good. or at least there seems to be a very deep divide between how the development as a whole is being interpreted. and i get it that my way of critizing might be too harsh and emotional for discord, and i just resignateted, but there is no culture of critics in xsn discord. its either fanboytalk or fud.  

thirdly: dont cancel rsb by just announcing that the profits of stakenet.io will not be burned anymore, but reinvested. no problem with that, but pls communicate the whys. and that happened to many items, the marketplace never was introduced, same goes for the debit cards, eth-integration and so on

last but not least: governance. either allow people to vote for real or just get rid of the thing. if you want to lead xsn without voting, do it, but voting on do or die (devs get funds or not) is just such an abomination of a vote that it is ridiculous.
ok. so the devs did just take 11.5 mill without telling anyone? never read about giving a share to the original founder anywhere but here and now. where do you get your info? because in the anns on discord the team stated that surplus xsn were burned. but hey having 11.5 + 6.5 devfund makes 18 million xsn (which is more than 10% unless the explorer is not showing right numbers).

and yes, xsn was not an ico, but posw was, and if 18mill funds is really accurate (which i doubt to the utmost extent) pls never ever say any shit about not having enough funds anymore
Activity: 2
From the old thread

Another fun part about xsn is, that there is a premine of 76.5m (https://github.com/X9Developers/XSN#coin-specs). There have been a few millions added at devs will, because 5m dev fund and 1.5m hardwarefund (plus 10% of all blockrewards with xsn) are just not enough… if the circulating supply was around 44.1m (cmc did not update this very often, lets say the last update was a year ago) so it should be around 1% more because of staking -> around 48mill. Dividends were paid, lets say 2m (about 0.5%) were dividends, makes 50m. Plus the funds 56.5m. So 76.5m premine minus 56.5m gives us another whopping 20m for the devs(i guess it is safe to assume that they were premining). But they get 10% of every reward (first month  around 216.000 xsn) - at least they wont have to die from starvation.

So is that right ? Devs added 20 mil coins thru the swap ? And are still on a tight budget ? Can someone from the team explain this and maybe explain what's been done with these coins

First off devs didn’t even get the first month reward if you had checked, they were too busy working actually. Second it wasn’t 56 mill it was 65mill since coinmarket cap never updates the supply leaving 11.5 mill for both a marketing budget and the original founders share+ hardware. Dev team in total is over 8 full time and holds no more than 10% total supply between all of them combined. Most projects obtain at least 20% of total supply on top of ICO funds (since we didn’t ICO our devs have 0, which is why we need treasury to fund dev)
Pages:
Jump to: