Author

Topic: [ANN][YAC] YACoin ongoing development - page 109. (Read 379983 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000
November 22, 2013, 08:09:09 PM
I have a contact for "high risk" Credit cards if anyone wants to pursue it

You mean to get "carded" gear? I don't think that's appropriate for this thread bro.
Activity: 381
Merit: 250
November 22, 2013, 05:51:56 PM
I have a contact for "high risk" Credit cards if anyone wants to pursue it
November 22, 2013, 05:50:13 PM
That may be an amazing idea, YAC atm, debit cards that work anywhere in the world...payment processor for stores. Heck yeah Cheesy
November 22, 2013, 05:08:51 PM
One thing I ponder sometimes is if it would be better to change the naming strategy, as in, YACoin is the protocol and you get a YACoin Card like you get a "Visa Card" or a "MasterCard". Then, what you have in a YACoin Card is called simply "points".

The public is familiar already with having cards that store reward points, and when you think about it these points are currency agnostic. They may still be confused about what's "having x bitcoins", but they would understand instantly what is to have a "YACoin Card with 1,000 points".

With that in mind I made this little fella:

Grin Dont hate on me!

November 22, 2013, 03:13:13 PM
Points sounds good, in a way it strips the confusion through familiarity.
Activity: 406
The cryptocoin watcher
November 22, 2013, 03:10:00 PM
One thing I ponder sometimes is if it would be better to change the naming strategy, as in, YACoin is the protocol and you get a YACoin Card like you get a "Visa Card" or a "MasterCard". Then, what you have in a YACoin Card is called simply "points".

The public is familiar already with having cards that store reward points, and when you think about it these points are currency agnostic. They may still be confused about what's "having x bitcoins", but they would understand instantly what is to have a "YACoin Card with 1,000 points".
November 22, 2013, 02:45:42 PM
Heres the avatar sized version

Play around with it as you like Smiley
The cryptocoin watcher
November 22, 2013, 02:42:18 PM
I dig that, looks very commercial.
November 22, 2013, 01:02:29 PM
New fun little yacoin design  Grin

November 22, 2013, 11:10:38 AM
I wish Cheesy

Nice write up on the economic side of YAC St. Bit, appreciated that link.
Activity: 280
November 22, 2013, 08:51:14 AM
Also, I've added a donations progress bar on my block explorer with dynamic server cost per month converted from USD to BTC to YAC (LOL). Right now it sits at around 5750 YAC per month needed to keep the server running (I pay around $20/mo). So far got 0.94 YAC in donations this month, so feel free to donate some! Cheesy

It doesn't add it up right. Should be 2053,85 donated so far this month, but it shows 2052.91 so far.
In a few weeks that's probably enough to pay for more than just a month ...

Keep up your great work.
Activity: 809
Merit: 501
November 22, 2013, 03:20:27 AM
Someone pleeeease tell me how to mine this coin stratum-style (CPU)...
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
November 21, 2013, 08:10:49 AM
current network hashrate is around 1.3 Mh/s

getmininginfo shows:

Code:
{
    "blocks" : 295571,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00558602,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 177716,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "Nfactor" : 14,
    "N" : 32768,
    "powreward" : 59.35000000
}

Not sure, but I think that the wallet shows wrong info.

Also, I've added a donations progress bar on my block explorer with dynamic server cost per month converted from USD to BTC to YAC (LOL). Right now it sits at around 5750 YAC per month needed to keep the server running (I pay around $20/mo). So far got 0.94 YAC in donations this month, so feel free to donate some! Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1197
November 21, 2013, 06:51:43 AM

getmininginfo shows:

Code:
{
    "blocks" : 295571,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 0.00558602,
    "errors" : "",
    "generate" : false,
    "genproclimit" : -1,
    "hashespersec" : 0,
    "networkhashps" : 177716,
    "pooledtx" : 0,
    "testnet" : false,
    "Nfactor" : 14,
    "N" : 32768,
    "powreward" : 59.35000000
}
One does not simply mine Bitcoins
November 21, 2013, 06:47:08 AM
legendary
November 21, 2013, 06:43:09 AM

It is working now!  Thank you so much feeleep.  btw is the 173.841 MH/s network hashrate accurate?!?

hmm - of course no - multiplier is wrong
November 21, 2013, 06:37:54 AM
New win binaries available (this time with UPNP support) at https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwa2lymjl6igh6q/yacoin-cc-latest.zip
It's a a snapshot of Joe's git master branch, along with my coin control changes and whatnot. It merged without issues, so hopefully it'll work.
Took me more than 5 hours, got a terrible headache from that windoze crap Undecided
Also, I've made a compiling write-up for wannabe builders, available here: https://github.com/saironiq/yacoin-cc/blob/master/WIN_BUILD_INSTRUCTIONS.txt
Here's hoping I won't accidentaly delete the build VM again...

New Windows binaries are also available for testing https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/releases/tag/testing_0.4.1-b . This is the version with coin-control, the new logos and numerous other enhancements. Please try it out, and if no issues (note, this will still take a VERY LONG TIME to open - maybe click yacoin-qt.exe and watch LOTRTROTK  Wink )  I will merge to master in the next few weeks.

P.S. I was hoping to fix the absolutely unacceptable start up time before moving to 0.4.1, but even with LevelDB (next) it still seems to take too long to open, so please bear with the
startup time until we can fix it for 0.4.2. 

Thank you again Joe!

Does anyone know the best program to CPU mine with right now?  I have minerd... I can mine on yacp.coinmine.pl with it, but the program keeps crashing when I try yac.coinmine.pl.  It is very strange.

Try yac.coinmine.pl on port 8080 and let me know if its working...

BTW - someone skilled should update cpuminer to latest code with startum support...

It is working now!  Thank you so much feeleep.  btw is the 173.841 MH/s network hashrate accurate?!?
legendary
November 21, 2013, 06:32:20 AM
New win binaries available (this time with UPNP support) at https://www.dropbox.com/s/pwa2lymjl6igh6q/yacoin-cc-latest.zip
It's a a snapshot of Joe's git master branch, along with my coin control changes and whatnot. It merged without issues, so hopefully it'll work.
Took me more than 5 hours, got a terrible headache from that windoze crap Undecided
Also, I've made a compiling write-up for wannabe builders, available here: https://github.com/saironiq/yacoin-cc/blob/master/WIN_BUILD_INSTRUCTIONS.txt

New Windows binaries are also available for testing https://github.com/yacoin/yacoin/releases/tag/testing_0.4.1-b . This is the version with coin-control, the new logos and numerous other enhancements. Please try it out, and if no issues (note, this will still take a VERY LONG TIME to open - maybe click yacoin-qt.exe and watch LOTRTROTK  Wink )  I will merge to master in the next few weeks.

P.S. I was hoping to fix the absolutely unacceptable start up time before moving to 0.4.1, but even with LevelDB (next) it still seems to take too long to open, so please bear with the

Thank you again Joe!

Does anyone know the best program to CPU mine with right now?  I have minerd... I can mine on yacp.coinmine.pl with it, but the program keeps crashing when I try yac.coinmine.pl.  It is very strange.

Try yac.coinmine.pl on port 8080 and let me know if its working...

BTW - someone skilled should update cpuminer to latest code with startum support...
November 21, 2013, 06:27:55 AM

Thank you again Joe!

Activity: 1426
Merit: 506
November 21, 2013, 02:42:48 AM
Darn it's still not reasonable to CPU mine. Sad Looks like it won't be for at least another n factor change.
Jump to: